Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Best Friends Sister:Kara's Payback

[QUOTE=Augur;1964107]A huge thank you to our in-house bra expert, Angel! As much as I love tits, I'm still a guy and lack the intimate knowledge that only comes with actually having them. My man-boobs are unfortunately quite nonexistant (*grins*).

If I may ask one more thing: since the cup volume also increases as bandwidth goes up, would 34D and 36D have roughly the same shape? The latter would of course have more cc's, but would they both typically have a similar circumference-depth ratio - that is to say, have about the same proportions? Or would 36D be slightly broader at the base and protrude a bit less, even if the difference in shape isn't as marked as between, say, 34D and 36C?

Thanks again!
    Augur
    - - - Updated - - -
    /QUOTE]

Hi Augur,

Yes .. a 34D and a 36D would have the same shape. (or very close) A girl who wears a 34D would have breasts that would look approximately the same size on her frame as a girl who wears a 36D on a slightly larger frame. The cups of a 36D bra contain more volume (Mass) than a 34D bra.. but if you looked at photos of the two girls, not knowing what the band measurement was, the girls would look approximately the same. Both bras would have a similar, if not the same, circumference-depth ratio. .. but understand that the cups on the 36D are deeper and bigger around than a 34D bra... and if you placed the two girls together.. breast to breast .. the girl wearing the 36D would have larger breasts.
    If you wanted their breasts to be the same size in a breast to breast comparison, then the girl with a 34 band would have to be a DD cup... but then the girl with the DD cups would have breasts that protruded a little more.

I purposely avoided these sometimes confusing situations in my story... by making all of the characters with a 34 band... I wanted to avoid the confusion of 34DD and 36D and so on..... so all my characters are 34 something and it's simple to know who is "bigger". ... not that there is anything wrong with having girls in a story with different band measurements.. and some writers do not even mention bra sizes or bust measurements at all .. that is the authors decision and I respect that.

- - - Updated - - -

And one more thing.... Sorry for being so chatty about this..I'm a girl... and it is my prerogative to talk a lot.. (maybe that is why I have so many conversations in my story) (smile). For those of you who may not know, lets talk about band measurements. There are now two ways to do this... All of the characters in my story are based on the way that women have been measuring and purchasing bras for a long long time (there is a new way, but we will not discuss that right now) You measure around your chest, right under your breasts... the tape should be pulled around you firmly but not real tight. As an example ...I measure 29 inches. You then add five inches to that measurement.. which would give me a band size of 34. So, I wear a 34 bra.

Now you have to determine the cup size. If the measurement around the fullest part of your breasts is 35, then you need an A cup. 36 = B cup, 37 = C cup, 38 =D cup, 39 = DD cup. and so on. There are problems with this... What if I measured 29 1/2? You add five inches and you have 34 1/2... no one makes 34 1/2 bands... which makes you a 'tweener'.. If your breast measured 38, then you would purchase a 34D bra.. but your underbust is a half inch more.. so, actually, you are between a 34C and a 34D and you just have to try the bras on until you find one that fits right.

And there is something else to consider.. what if you measured 30 under your bust? You add five inches to find your band size.. which would be 35.. However, bras are sized in even numbers..34,36,38 etc. So... if your bust measured 38.. are you a 34D or a 36C? You have to try the bras on and find one that feels right. Or what if you measured 29 and 3/4 inches under your bust? The point I am making is that there is so many little variables... and it is also very unlikely that two girls wearing a 36D bra actually have breasts that are the exact same size. Allow me to give you an example. The volume of the breast that would require a 36D bra is approximately 710CC.... The volume of a 36DD bra is approximately 850cc... Soooo, what if your breasts were 750cc or 800cc? The reality is that the bra that is chosen is almost always just a tiny bit too big or a tiny bit too small. I have bras with different cup sizes.. because there is a little variance between the different brands and it depends on how the bra fits me. ..... Ok, I am through talking about bras. I hope all of my chatter was informative.
    Last edited by Angel Dawn; July 1st, 2016 at 09:08 AM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most definitely, your insight is very valuable to us! What's clear is that bra size and measurement is an art and not a science, and an inexact art at that.

Breast (and subsequently bra) size can of course change with gaining or losing a few pounds, but I've understood that many women also wear different size bras depending on their menstruation cycle. So that's one further variable to add into the mix!

All in all, this is one fascinating subject...

Junior Hostboard Member doom2241's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last edited by doom2241; June 7th, 2017 at 02:21 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123