Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Re: Bumps/apology

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDawn30 View Post
    Being somewhat technically challenged... in my opinion, I think this forum is fine the way it is. We are discussing the 'exception' and not the 'rule.' These bumps are not an everyday occurrence.. and I think we all believe that restricting comments is not a good idea. I truly believe that when someone reads something and they want to comment about it, the last thing on their mind is the fact that their comment is going to bump that particular thread to the top of the list.

I am more than pleased that we have this forum for those of us who enjoy the subject(s) that are presented here. I know some of you may disagree with me... but this is a "little thing"... that usually takes care of itself in a week or two. .. and no writer should feel embarrassed or guilty that someone posted something to one of their threads.

I love this forum.. and I know that XP and everyone else associated with this forum will only do what they believe is best. I think I am repeating myself now, so I will hush.
    Thank you, sweet Angel! I always enjoy your input.
    A. Penman

HB Forum Owner
    Bumps/apology

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

doom2241, I highly appreciate the offer, but I honestly have no intention of leaving Hostboard after so many years of working with them. However, should anything happen to Hostboard, hopefully your offer will still be on the table. Much appreciated!
    Check out the Titfighting and Sexfighting Forum at [url]http://www.hostboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=294[/url]

Junior Hostboard Member doom2241's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well its never a bad thing to have a backup. There's no reason really NOT too have a mirror, or other site with more functionality such as blogging or something, certainly so if it's free.

I also remember when hostboard went down several years back. A lot of stories lost. Same thing with thechangingmirror. Many upset authors there. It's something to consider. There's nothing saying that you have to do away with hostboard.

Senior Hostboard Member ckskevin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doom2241, I really thank you for suggesting all these. By all means, create your own board and maybe we can go there but as of now, I think we are happy with hostboard. I have been here for a very long time

Senior Hostboard Member sffan4e's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just noticed how easy a few bumps can push away other posts from the first page.

I think it's partially because of the stickies which are hand, but take up quite some space. Would it be a suggestion to merge some stickies together? Perhaps the story stickies? Or the rules and instructions?
    It might perhaps leave more space for regular posts on the first page?

Senior Hostboard Member Angel Dawn's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sffan4e View Post
    I just noticed how easy a few bumps can push away other posts from the first page.

I think it's partially because of the stickies which are hand, but take up quite some space. Would it be a suggestion to merge some stickies together? Perhaps the story stickies? Or the rules and instructions?
    It might perhaps leave more space for regular posts on the first page?
    You make an excellent point sffan4e. The two "older' story links (sexfight stories and titfight stories) could be merged (They probably already have been) into "The HUGE list of female rivalry's erotic stories" that Anubisx keeps up to date. (thank you Anubisx)... That would free up a couple of spaces. I am still a 'rookie' so I really don't feel that my opinion carries much weight. . but I agree with sffan4e.

HB Forum Owner
    Bumps/apology

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a good idea. I just have to figure out HOW to merge. There is no actual way for me to merge threads using the options on the admin panel. Some suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
    Check out the Titfighting and Sexfighting Forum at [url]http://www.hostboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=294[/url]

Senior Hostboard Member Giannis-CB's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDawn30 View Post
    You make an excellent point sffan4e. The two "older' story links (sexfight stories and titfight stories) could be merged (They probably already have been) into "The HUGE list of female rivalry's erotic stories" that Anubisx keeps up to date. (thank you Anubisx)... That would free up a couple of spaces. I am still a 'rookie' so I really don't feel that my opinion carries much weight. . but I agree with sffan4e.
    I like the idea to free some space. I am new here but is sounds logical. However If it has to be done to free space, OK do it even if some readers will read faster the titfight or the trib fight scenes (according to their niche). But ... all sexfight are not of female rivalries. Some sexfights are about two women who sexfight just for the fun of it, without any rivalry between them. They only want to turn things wilder for awhile, because of the heat of their sexual contest, without to have anything to settle. So i propose the more general title "The Huge list of sexfight stories' . It covers both cases.

Just by two sents...

HB Forum Owner
    Bumps/apology

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Re: Bumps/apology

I just went through the Stickies to see what, if anything, I could do. Something I realized is after all the server jumps Hostboard has taken, all the links in both Sexfight Stories and Titfight Stories stickies don't work.

I do think it's a good idea at least to merge those 2 threads. My idea right now is to copy and paste the Titfight Stories first post into the Sexfight Stories first post, and then unsticking plus closing the former.

That being said, with the links not functioning (and my attempts to edit them to work unsuccessful), maybe the list can be used more as a guideline? People can, for example, use the Search function of the forum to find the story they're interested in. Not as convenient as a direct link, but it's the best I can do at this point.

Senior Hostboard Member Angel Dawn's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

XP, first of all, I certainly have no idea how these forums work.. I am clueless. ... . But if you chose to do so, I think it would be fine to just "do away" with the two older threads... however, I am not sure if Anubisx set up his thread exclusively for stories that involved 'rivalries'. Perhaps that was his original intent, but there are many very good stories that are linked that I would not consider a 'rivalry' story. Personally, I would rather have one thread where the readers could find all of the stories in one place. I think that makes sense.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast