Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb Re: A question

Giannis - The answer is that it depends.

Hostboard (and pretty much all boards) only has the ability to link to the "actual" location of an image. If the URL used to link to the image is NOT to the image itself, but instead is to a web page the image is displayed on, it will not work.

In Angel's case, her original URL used was to her STASH on Deviant Art. In other words, she didn't link to an image. She linked to a web page on which her image (plus other stuff) was displayed. What I did was click on a link on the STASH page that lead to the actual image, copied the URL to the actual image, and then used that link here.

However, my answer says "it depends" because there are some web sites that outright do not allow you to link to images even if you have the image's direct URL. For example, there was a web site hosting service years ago called Angelfire that did that. Even if someone got the direct URL to an image, when they tried to post it on a forum, what people would see is an Angelfire image that said that linking to images was not allowed.

SO the best way to post images from other web sites here using the linking system is to make sure those web sites allow people to post direct image URL's to forums and such.

Hope this made sense.
    Check out the Titfighting and Sexfighting Forum at [url]http://www.hostboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=294[/url]

Senior Hostboard Member Angel Dawn's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: A question

Thank you XP... I tried that and it worked. Yay! I really appreciate the help. (Hug)

Junior Hostboard Member spiderrage's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: A question

Awesome yo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12