0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dezerai 4 pt. 2 by Shak

Chapter 2
    The Volatile Past part 1

By now Karmen has given in to the old obsessive thoughts of Shalitha. The anger reigniting; she was damn near growling while driving down the interstate….she remembered everything! Just thinking about Shalitha sent her hand automatically down to her moistening pussy, feeling the old predatory instincts return as the thought of beating the shit out of her brought heat to her body.
    “When this funeral is over bitch……I’ma fuck you up” she growled out loud! “Nothing and no one will stand in our way this time bitch…… we’re not teenagers anymore……it’s your ass when this is over!”
    She cranked the car to 80….she wanted to do 100, but did not need any more tickets. She continued to allow her thoughts to obsess over Shalitha. She growled again as she remembered their lives growing up. They were only 12 when they first met. Both families were wary from the beginning; knowing how competitive these 2 girls were! What could have been a fantastic friendship quickly became a hateful rivalry. They both were 5’9” by 12 and growing. They were great athletes just like their parents, but unfortunately they were young, competitive, arrogant and attractive which for two crazy hormonal 12 year olds can be a recipe for disaster! They were so intense and emotional they hated each other from the moment they met! Since basketball was their favorite sport, their introduction was followed by a game of one-on-one which Shalitha won….but barely! From there it was a blood feud which lasted throughout their teens. Every time they saw each other it was an in your face; fuck you bitchy battle of wills!!! Both families made concerted efforts to keep them apart, but circumstances sometimes forced the teenagers together and each time a fight broke out and the 2 had to be separated. Like the funeral of Aunt Deirdre. It was early October and both Karmen and Shalitha were seniors in High School and lied to their parents that they would control themselves…….they got into a fight at the gravesite and had to be separated and removed. Then there was the mall two months later……they just so happened to be doing Christmas shopping at Macys at the same time with their friends. As soon as they saw each other they forgot about their friends, dropped their packages and launched into each other! Security intervened, police were called and both parents had to pick up their teens at the mall precinct. But it was not until mid-March of their senior year that the rivalry took a turn for the worse. Karmens high school team was number one in the state and she played power forward and was the team’s leading scorer and rebounder. She was being recruited by colleges and many thought she had a great shot at the WNBA. Shalitha on the other hand was purposely sent to a private school to be outside of Karmens division and never play against her team. She was a one person team and led the state in scoring and was right next to Karmen in rebounding. Like Karmen she was noticed by scouts and had a great chance for the WNBA. Shalitha’s team made the playoffs and in spite of divisional differences both teams were scheduled to meet in the first round of the state playoffs. Both families were dismayed and told the coaches that these 2 girls were practically cousins by marriage and hated each other. That facing each other could be a serious problem. Both coaches downplayed the rivalry but when game day happened reality set in. Shalitha and Karmen were slated to guard each other; both played the same position at power forward/center and both were 2 of the top scorers in the state. They were also vicious defensively and dominant rebounders. Both families sat in the stands with their fingers crossed hoping sanity would rule the day. Unfortunately sanity was never a friend of these two. From the opening tip Shalitha tried posting Karmen down low, got the ball and swung an elbow at her head going to the basket. Karmen was incensed as Shalitha scored and complained to the referees who missed the call that she tried to elbow her in the head. On the way back down the floor Karmen gave Shalitha an elbow to the mid-section and followed up with a forearm to the back of the head when the referee was not looking. Shalitha pushed her back and was caught by the ref and given a foul. Shalitha screamed that Karmen hit and pushed her first. Karmen laughed slyly walked up to Shalitha and told her to “shut the fuck up and play!”
    “SO THAT’S HOW ITS GON BE BITCH!” Shalitha screamed at Karmen.
    “THAT’S RIGHT BITCH!” Karmen screamed back.
    Both girls were hit with technical fouls and warned anymore outburst and they would be ejected. A time out was called and both coaches tried to calm down their star. Both families were alarmed and knew they wouldn’t make it through the game. Immediately following the time out Karmen banged into Shalitha and jabbed a sneaky elbow to her ribs while calling her a ‘prissy little spoiled brat; then when they scuffled for rebounding position she gave Shalitha a vicious forearm to the throat, which Shalitha in her anger responded with a ferocious elbow to the jaw. Karmen hit the floor with a broken jaw and was lost for the rest of the playoffs, while Shalitha was ejected from the game. Since she was a one person team Shalitha’s team lost the game. But Karmen was incensed and vowed revenge, telling her to watch her back! Shalitha laughed at her and told her to come get some anytime, anywhere! Whatever hatred the families thought existed before was now escalated to the tenth power, keeping them apart was imperative but now that they were seniors in High School it may be impossible. They were to have one more skirmish in a martial arts tournament later that year, but it was not until they were entering their second year in in college that Karmen got her revenge and the rivalry ratcheted up to its current level! Shalitha had just completed her freshman year at Howard University; she was 20 years old and enjoying life as a fulltime college student, living away from parents for the first time. She was the conference freshman of the year in women’s division II college basketball. At 6’3” strong and fast, she had established herself as a force to be reckoned with. She was even encouraged to transfer to a major NCAA division 1 power conference so she would have a better shot at the WNBA. Year 2 was promising to be a monster year for Shalitha Davenport. That summer tryouts were held for incoming freshmen, walk-ons and transfers. After the first week of tryouts Shalitha heard about a transfer from the west coast dominating the summer league tournament. Like Shalitha she was 6’3” strong and fast and was known as “Lady J” because of her sweet jump shot. Word was she was un-guardable and even a ferocious defensive player like Shalitha had no chance at stopping her. After a week and a half of hearing everyone talk about how unstoppable she is Shalitha decided to visit the summer league tournament that weekend and see Lady J for herself. The day before the game Shalitha got a call from Coach Williams telling her that he had a chance to see Lady J play for himself and that she will be coming to tryouts next week.
    “She’s the real deal ‘S’…… I think you and her teaming together in our front court will make us unstoppable.”
    “What’s her name coach?”
    “I don’t know yet……I only had a chance to watch her play earlier this week at the Summer Slam tournament in DC. But word is she wants to come to Howard next year and play for us.”
    “Can she score as well as everyone says she can?” Shalitha asked getting more intrigued.
    “Oh yeah…..if I had to pick the better scorer between you two, I would have to say it’s a toss-up and her rebounding and defense are as fierce as yours. I want you there at the tournament tomorrow so you can see for yourself. We’ll have a scrimmage at the U Monday afternoon around 2:00, so we can see how she does against you!”
    “Sounds like a plan coach…..I’ll be there.”
    Shalitha was intrigued now and decided to ask her friend Soonji (her actual name is Osoonjee Josette [pronounced Yosette, from the families French slave masters], they call her Soonji for short) to bring her video equipment so they could tape the weekend games and the scrimmage on Monday. Soonji was a 5’10” guard from St. Helena Island off the coast of Beaufort County South Carolina. She was studying medicine and planned to finish her graduate work at Howard School of Medicine. Afterward she wanted to go back down south to Morehouse School of Medicine to finish her PhD and practice medicine in Beaufort County, St. Helena and maybe even Haiti. Soonji was a Gullah from the Sea Islands her immediate family having settled there in 1961 from Haiti during “Papa Docs” reign of terror. Her grandfather was killed in early 1961 by the Duvalier Regime and her grandmother who was also a freedom fighter fled with her to relatives to St. Helena Islands, where her cousins lived. Soonji had ancestry going back to the French oppression in Haiti to the plantations of the Sea Islands from Savannah, Georgia to Charleston, SC. After the Civil War they were able to secure land from their old master’s plantation in St. Helena and have remained there ever since. Soonji had Gullah/Geechie dialect which was a form of Island/Haitian/French Patois (patois...pronounced pah-twa which is simply the unique sounds of island dialect). She could have passed for a Jamaican Rasta woman if she chose. Soonji’s grandmother was not only a rebel fighter but a voudun or voodoo priestess. Soonji who learned the arts from her grandmother carried herself with an air of the mysterious and with her chocolate skin, dreadlocks and especially her light brown/green eyes, she looked the part. But looks or no looks she never used it.
    “Dere is a price to pay when using dey forces!” She would always warn.
    Shalitha didn’t care.
    “If I give you a piece of Karmens hair can we use em once? Just make me a Karmen doll, so I can stomp it, stabbed it and spit on it!”
    Even though she was laughing when saying it Soonji always wondered if in her heart she was serious. Shalitha and Soonji quickly became friends when they were freshman and along with Sheila another 5’10” freshman guard from Chicago who like Shalitha wanted to practice law, they were inseparable, fondly calling themselves the “S” connection. When Saturday came Shalitha her coach and Soonji were sitting in the stands waiting for the game to begin. When the teams came out for warm-ups coach did not see the Lady J. Curious he went down to the floor and asked the summer league coach where is Lady J.
    “She has a right ankle sprain and won’t be playing today.”
    Disappointed Coach Williams came back and told Shalitha the bad news. She decided to watch the games anyway and hang out with Soonji. As it turns out Lady J did not play in the Sunday games either so Shalitha did not get a chance to watch her play. But Lady J sent word to Coach Williams that she will be healed for the scrimmage on Monday.
    It was 2pm on Monday afternoon and Shalitha was already on the court warming up with a Soonji and Sheila when she glanced into the office and noticed a tall young woman walk in and talk with coach, she figured it was Lady J. Five minutes later coach came out of the office with Lady J and Shalitha was stunned…….Lady J was none other than Karmen!
    “Shalitha come on over and meet Lady J” Coach Williams was smiling.
    Shalitha glared at Karmen with blood in her eyes and Coach Williams noticed it immediately. But his shock turned to alarm when he looked at Karmen who was smirking a sadistic cunning I just played your ass’ grin on her face!
    “Do you 2 know each other?” Coach Williams asked.
    “Yes we do” Karmen answered. "She's like the whiny cousin everybody hates."
    “Wrong...she’s the low class in-law, you inherit from a bad marriage”…..Shalitha interrupted…. “she's a fucking disease and I could never share a gene pool with this skank ho!”
    “Skank ho?”……Coach Williams was flabbergasted!
    “Let’s go little girl……we have a scrimmage today” Karmen smiled cunningly, her calm lilting voice full of manipulation and deception.
    “Uhhhh…..I-I’m not sure this is a good idea” Coach Williams was stammering.
    Karmen ignored him and walked up boldly to the glaring Shalitha and spoke calmly….“Are you ready?”
    Shalitha got up in Karmens face and spoke with venom in her voice…. “You’ll regret this.”
    Karmens dark cold eyes narrowed, her grin evil…her voice dripping with malice….
    “No parents to save you this time!” With that she roughly brushed past Shalitha, her shoulder banging against hers as she marched to the court. Shalitha was livid and ready for blood………….and Karmen knew it!!! Coach Williams stood with his mouth open. Shalitha marched right behind her, tempted to jump her from behind.
    “I know you want to ambush me from behind, you cowardly bitch!” Karmens voice raised as her appetite for revenge consumed her. “Just like in High School, every other time we fought you had to do it when I’m not looking, cuz you’re a cowardly bitch and don’t have the guts to fight me face to face!”
    “MUTHA-FUCKA!!!” Shalitha’s voice rose an octave as she ran in front of Karmen.
    “You hit me in the throat first in High School, don’t act innocent, you lying hypocritical bitch!”
    They bumped chest to chest and glared in each other’s eyes.
    “This time we settle this shit on the court bitch!” Karmen growled “no family to step in between us now!”
    “ON THE COURT YOU LYING SCHEMING BITCH!” Shalitha screamed.
    Coach Williams was speechless as he stared at the wild scene in front of him…..his dick swelling in his pants!
    Shalitha walked over to Soonji….
    “Me and Soonji against you and Sheila” she grabbed the basketball and threw it at Karmen, “TAKE IT OUT BITCH!”
    Karmen caught it and bared her teeth at Shalitha, then looked over at Coach Williams.
    “I’m about to embarrass your star player right in front of you. After I’m finished, put her punk ass on the bench where she belongs!”
    “TAKE IT OUT AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!” Shalitha screamed at Karmen.
    At this point Coach Williams should have acted like a real coach and put a stop to all of this, but lust had already consumed him, so he walked to the sidelines and sat down so he could cross his legs to hide his raging hard-on! The game started and it was vicious right from the beginning. They agreed to play 3 games up to 21; the winner must win by 2. The first team to win 2 of the 3 would be the victor. Coach Williams in spite of his lust had to admit the match-up between Shalitha and Karmen was incredible. Their competitive energy was extreme, their talent undeniable and if he could get them to work together they would make his team unbeatable. Hard dick or no hard dick he was fascinated by the athletic spectacle in front of him. Both Shalitha and Karmen could dunk a basketball and on several occasions they dunked on each other. The trash talk was extreme and the physicality was rougher than anything he had ever seen. He loved everything he was seeing and was horny as hell!!! Every time Karmen scored, Shalitha scored…..every time Shalitha blocked a shot, Karmen blocked a shot. Every rebound was contested, every dribble hounded. The shooting display was awesome as Karmen and Shalitha showed Coach Williams why their scoring prowess was some of the best in the conference. Even Soonji and Sheila were inspired by their display and played their asses off. All 3 games were hotly contested with Karmen and Sheila winning game one…….21 to 19. Shalitha and Soonji won game two…….with an identical score of 21 to 19. Game 3 was the best of all…..with Karmen and Sheila winning 25 to 23!!! After the final win Karmen turned and looked at Coach Williams…..
    “Now we know who the best player on your team is!”
    “1-ON-1 BITCH!!!” Shalitha screamed out….“Winner takes all…..whoever wins is the best!”
    Coach Williams scratched his head and nodded his approval. The battle between the two of them was even rougher than the previous games. In the end Karmen came out on top…..23 to 21!!! When it was over she threw the ball in the air and raised both her hands…..
    “I AM THE QUEEN………….LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!”
    Karmen again turned to Coach Williams…..
    “Now we really know who the best player on your team is…….but you know what…..I think I changed my mind…..I don’t want to join your fucking team…..you need better players for somebody like me to join!”
    With that she arrogantly raised both hands making the L signs and pointed them at Shalitha….she then smoothly converted the two L signs to her middle fingers and mouthed ‘fuck you’ to Shalitha! She then turned with both hands up, middle fingers still extended and triumphantly jogged off the court to the locker room! Shalitha stood there with her mouth open and vengeance in her heart. She watched Karmen disappear in the locker room and turned and looked at her coach. Coach Williams stood with his hands on his hips, his mouth also hanging open.
    “You’re not gonna do anything?” Shalitha glared at Coach Williams. “Fuck this shit….I’ll do something….I’ll stomp her lyin’ ass to dust! KARMEN!!!.........GET YOUR BITCH ASS BACK OUT HERE NOW!!!” Shalitha screamed! There was no answer….. “STAY THERE THEN BITCH……I’M COMING AFTER YOU AND WHEN I GET THERE I’MA FUCK YOU UP!!!”
    Shalitha sprinted into the locker room after Karmen….Coach Williams, Soonji and Sheila look at each other alarmingly and went after her. Shalitha heard the showers and knew Karmen was in the back taking a shower. She then bolted to the back of the locker room and in her rage blindly turned a corner recklessly. Karmen was waiting for her and met her head on with a straight right hand to the jaw. She immediately knew she broke it when she hit her. Shalitha crumpled to the floor and Karmen who also trained under Kenny followed up with a vicious kick to the ribs bruising them. Shalitha was helpless as Karmen looked down at her with scorn and venom.
    “Didn’t your Daddy teach you to never run into fight blindly? I know he taught me…..but I listen to him better than you….you stupid bitch! Oh and one last thing…… Payback is a mutha-fucka!”
    She then kicked Shalitha in the ribs again fracturing them insuring she couldn’t get up! She then stepped arrogantly over her and walked out of the locker room past the startled Coach Williams, Sheila and Soonji. They ran to Shalitha’s aid who was weeping on the floor, not just from the pain, but the anger. She vowed right then and there to get vengeance on Karmen and to pay her back double for what she just endured. Needless to say Shalitha’s injuries cost her most of the season. When she healed and came back the season was already a lost cause and the embarrassment from Karmen haunted her, the rest of her college basketball career. Strangely enough it was not until 3 years later with Shalitha’s pregnancy that she would get the revenge she sought. But the events following Karmens assault set more in motion, than even she knew. It began with Coach Williams who helped her get through the next season and the humiliation she endured from Karmen. It seemed everyone knew why she was out with injuries, but Coach Williams helped her hold it together and train hard to get healthy and strong! By the time Shalitha got to her third year at Howard her ribs were completely healed and she was ready for a strong comeback year. Coach Williams had become her biggest supporter and during her injury riddled second year she grew to rely on him. Reliance brought feelings for Coach Williams that went beyond coach and player and as year 3 came her feelings grew into full blown love. Their affair began at that time and by the spring of her senior year she got pregnant. Meanwhile Karmen had been shadowing Shalitha from the Bay Area since their wild encounter and with sadistic delight learned about the pregnancy. She saw this as her chance to rub salt in what she knew was still an open psychological wound! Karmen knew she had to play it smart so she methodically decided to launch her next attack against Shalitha. She saw the pregnancy as an opportunity which she planned to exploit. The next part of her plan was already laid 3 years ago after their wild encounter at Howard University Shalitha did not know Karmen didn’t leave the DC area right away. Karmen actually hung around to spring part two of her evil trap. In the beginning Karmen banked on Shalitha’s explosive temper to help her spring her first trap, humiliating her on the basketball court in front of her coach and teammates, while breaking her jaw in the locker room as payback for her own broken jaw 2 years before. The fractured ribs was a bonus that Karmen thoroughly enjoyed. She knew she would beat Shalitha on the basketball court because she would be so surprised and furious to see Karmen she would fight like a bat out of hell to beat her. That would be Karmens first edge; that Shalitha would not fight with cool calculated competitive fire, but wild blazing insanity! By taking the name Lady J, Shalitha had no idea who she was and faking an ankle injury so Shalitha never got a chance to see Lady J in action would deepen the intrigue. Karmen loved the look on Shalitha’s face when she walked on the court with Coach Williams. Shalitha was beside herself with venom and indignation and wanted nothing more than to destroy Karmen. Karmen banked on this and threw gasoline on that fire with her trash talk and rough play! In their games Karmen won 3 out of the 4 games, partly because Shalitha was too wired up, too angry and was trying too hard. She kept making mental errors that Karmen repeatedly capitalized on. After her victories Karmen flaunted her wins in Shalitha’s face, embarrassing her in front of her coach and friends. True to form Shalitha chased her down in the locker room and Karmen was waiting just before she reached the showers and met her with the hard right hand that broke her jaw. When Karmen first got to the locker room she turned on the shower to make her think she was in there, and then placed herself in a strategic location to track her movements. She evilly watched Shalitha run into the locker room and as soon as she recklessly turned the corner Karmen landed the fatal blow. Step 2 of her plan would take longer to launch, but was no less devious. After she left the gym she went back to her hotel and prepped for phase 2. In phase 2 she would seduce Coach Williams and use the affair later on to flaunt in Shalitha’s face. But if truth be told, in the beginning there was no phase 2. It was based more on observation and opportunity than pre-planning. Originally she only planned to break Shalitha’s jaw, humiliate her in front of her team then skip town. But after meeting Coach Williams she could tell right away he was a low down dirty dog who loved seducing and fucking na?ve young women. When she found out he was married that made the plot even sweeter. In addition it was obvious right from the beginning Shalitha had feelings for her Coach, so Karmen felt compelled to exploit that. Coach Williams had given Karmen his cell phone number while they were in his office, so later that night she knew she could take advantage of this. She called him acting contrite and heart-broken for what she done. She asked him if she could meet with him in the morning so she could discuss getting back on the team. She lied by saying she never meant to say she changed her mind, but was so mad at Shalitha she wanted to rub it in her face. She wanted him to help her smooth things over with Shalitha and could they meet before talking with her. Coach Williams agreed and by 8am the next morning she was in his office. Karmen cried and blew her nose as she trembled and talked about how ashamed she was of herself and last night her parents and Shalitha’s parents found out what she had done and disowned her. She begged Coach Williams to help her make it right. As she cried Coach Williams of course came over to console her and as he held her she clung to him, pressing her whole body into his, while feeling his dick growing in his pants. With the trap sprung Karmen laid her head on his shoulder and increased her weeping and shaking. Soon her face was near his neck and her breath warm on his skin. She then lifted her face just enough to tell him thank you and kissed him on cheek.
    “D-d-d you think Shalitha will ever forgive me?” she asked innocently looking into his eyes.
    “Of course she will…” he answered.
    Their faces now inches apart, Karmen trusted his doggy dog nature would take over, which it did. He saw another young na?ve bitch he could bang and began working her. Karmen played along making him think he was seducing her. Soon they were gettin’ naked in his office and banging on the desk. Karmen had to admit Coach Williams was hung like a horse and could fuck like a stallion. For the next 2 hours they banged all over his office. By 11am Karmen said she had to get back to her hotel and asked him to give her a ride, which he gladly did. At the hotel they fucked for the rest of the day. Little did Coach Williams know, Karmen bought recording equipment the night before and set it up in the hotel room and recorded all it! That evening after Coach Williams left Karmen checked her video and was pleased; she then stashed it for the rainy day she knew would eventually come and Shalitha’s pregnancy 3 years later was that rainy day! Karmen carefully monitored the events unfolding in Shalitha’s life during the next 3 years and with the pregnancy she decided to act. She sent an email copy of the sex between her and Coach Williams to Shalitha knowing she was in love with him. She patiently waited knowing when Shalitha saw it she would send her a wild threatening reply….which she did!!! The next day Shalitha stormed into Coach Williams’s office and confronted him. She was loud and cussin’ like a sailor! Karmen planned on Coach Williams telling Shalitha he wanted her to get an abortion and in her anger she would refuse. But the vengeful Shalitha took it further as she went on a seek and destroy mission! She felt betrayed and burned for revenge and two nights later went to Coach Williams’s house! She didn’t even knock but burst in screaming and when Ms. Williams came to see what all the confusion was about; Shalitha who made a copy of the sex video gave it to Ms. Williams and continued to cuss him out. Ms. Williams needless to say also went ape-shit ballistic, but not just at her husband, but also at Shalitha for having an affair with her husband and showing her this tape of him and Karmen. Things escalated from there and a fight broke out. Ms. Williams called 911 and the rest is history. A few days later Shalitha broke the story to the university and gave them the sordid details of their affair as well as the sex tape. Coach Williams was let go, his marriage destroyed, while Shalitha was left with a lost baby and lost scholarship! But then an event happened that Karmen did not plan for. Shalitha did not come home to LA after the events, but moved to St. Helena with Soonji who graduated with Shalitha. Soonji kept close to Shalitha throughout the entire ordeal and knew she needed a friend. At that time Shalitha was no longer speaking to her father so she accepted Soonji’s invitation and moved to St Helena. They decided to use this time to plan revenge against Karmen. For a year and a half they dug up info on Karmen who was living in the Bay Area of Northern California. Karmen like Shalitha graduated from University of California Berkeley Law program a year and a half ago. She remained in Berkeley where she started out her law career quickly advancing becoming a young hotshot advocacy attorney. After a year and a half she was set to transfer to a new start up law firm in Chicago that was backed by a prestigious old money law group. It was the opportunity of a life time that would pay her a 6 figure salary and full partnership potential in the next few years.
    “Dis is our chance to pay da bitch back!” Soonji spoke in her smooth patois. “Sheila tell me she know dee ol money behind dis move, if dey know bout dee sex tape, she din be out! We go to Chi-town an spring de trap!”
    Shalitha and Soonji carefully planned their revenge over the next weeks. Karmen was due in Chicago the first week in September and Shalitha and Soonji planned to be there. To sweeten the plot Karmen did not know Sheila was from Chicago and moved back there after graduation. She was an attorney and was close to those setting up the new firms in the South Side of Chicago. Sheila gave them the play-by-play for Karmens coming on board. She informed them that the old money firm that hired Karmen roots go back well over a century. They were opening up many new firms targeting young people and minorities. By adding fresh new blood, particularly young minority blood and female blood, they would get a foothold into corporate expansion in urban communities and become a part of a strong political new infrastructure. Sex tapes like the one Karmen had while not a big problem with young people in new smaller firms would not go over well with the large old money firm, that finances them. Sheila assured them the sex tapes will derail her dreams. It was Monday September 3rd and Shalitha and Soonji arrived early at the law firm. Sheila told them Karmen was due in to meet with the partners at 9 in the morning. First she was to meet with Lauren Foster her immediate supervisor who would introduce her to the partners. Sheila who was friends with Ms. Foster set up the early morning meeting to give her the tapes. Lauren Foster was an impressive woman in her mid-forties. She was dressed in a dark business suit, had short cut blond hair with gold rimmed glasses. She looked scholarly and formidable. Sheila met her at the door and they greeted each other warmly. They went into the office while Shalitha and Soonji hung out at the coffee bar across the street. At 8:30 they saw Karmen enter the building and they left the coffee bar and followed her in. Not realizing who was behind her Karmen walked up to Ms. Foster’s personal assistant and said hello. After informing Ms. Foster that Karmen had arrived she told her to go right in Ms. Foster is waiting for her. As Karmen turned to leave for her supervisor’s office, she saw Shalitha and Soonji come in the door and suddenly froze.
    “KAR-MENNN!” Shalitha called out affectionately….(way too affectionately) “imagine seeing you here…..what a pleasant surprise!”
    Karmen immediately looked at Ms. Foster’s personal assistant and knew she couldn’t make a scene here.
    “Hi” she said quickly and turned to head for the office, “I can’t talk now….I’ll talk to you later!”
    She damn near bolted to her supervisor’s door…..but she already knew this was a set-up and a feeling of doom washed over her. She entered the office and was again floored as she saw Sheila sitting with Ms. Foster looking at a laptop.
    “Come in Ms. Washington and close the door behind you.”
    Sheila stood up…“I’ll go outside and let you two talk”…she then looked at Karmen….“Hello Karmen it’s been a long time.”
    If Karmen thought this was a set-up before, now she knew it! Karmen nodded as Sheila walked outside and joined Shalitha and Soonji. Together they left Ms. Foster personal assistants office and stepped into the lobby which was empty. Sheila let them know the partners already have the tape and Karmen will meet with them immediately…..and she will be terminated on the spot! Shalitha and Soonji stayed in the lobby and Sheila went back in the main office with Ms. Foster’s personal assistant. She knew in advance Karmen would go in the main conference room to meet with the partners and when she comes out Sheila will press auto dial on her cell phone signaling the women that Karmen was coming outside, when the front door opened they would pounce. After 30 minutes the conference doors opened and Karmen stepped out and Sheila hit auto-dial. Shalitha stepped outside and Soonji stayed in the lobby. As Karmen walked past Sheila she glared at her in anger but said nothing. Sheila got up and followed her as she left the main office and walked into the lobby. Karmen saw Soonji who now stood and walked up to her handing her a business card.
    “Call dis number…..she waits for you!”
    Karmen took the card and glared at her.
    “I know all of you are in this together…..I’ll come for you when I’m finished with her!”
    “Anytime Lenmi Bitch!!!” Soonji’s light mysterious Voudun eyes glared angrily at Karmen.
    Karmen turned and headed for the front door. As soon as she placed her hand on the door handle and began opening it Sheila called out…..“KARMEN!”
    Karmen turned and looked at Sheila with venom in her eyes, the door half-way open.
    “I’m glad you’re getting what you deserve.”
    Karmen glared again and turned to walk out the front door, but Shalitha was standing there waiting and met her with a ferocious right hand dead on the side of her face, knocking her down and fracturing her cheekbone. Shalitha looked down at Karmen and sneered, holding up the L sign in one hand the middle finger in the other.
    “Breaking your face felt good……..but breaking your dreams felt better…..now let’s see what else I can break to even the score bitch?”
    Shalitha glared at the knee of her fallen foe, preparing to break it but paused. Suddenly the anger left her eyes and she blinked looking confused. Strangely she changed her mind and turned to leave. She took two steps then stopped and turned back around looking at Karmen who was still on the floor, the anger returning to Shalitha’s eyes.
    “I have copies…..if you ever come after me again, I will send them to whomever you’re working for….I may even send it to Mother Tanya and Grandmother Dezerai.” She started to leave but paused and said……. “Oh and pay-back is a mutha-fucka!”
    She bared her teeth then turned and left with Soonji and Sheila, leaving a broken Karmen laying on the floor devastated, jobless and furious!
    After going to the emergency room in Chicago for her broken cheekbone, Karmen was on the plane heading back to the Bay Area the next day. She called her friend Stacy Blackwell telling her what happened and asked if she could stay with her for a couple of days while she sorts out what’s next for her. Stacy was all too glad to let her friend stay with her, but she had to be honest with Karmen and let her know she deserved everything that happened. What Shalitha and her friends did was simply revenge for DC and Karmen accepting the position in Chicago as a career move up, though on the surface smart, she urged her not to accept it. The political power of the old money behind the new Chicago project would eventually blow up in her face. She was far too radical and progressive to be controlled by old money conservatives and ultimately there would be a butting of heads. Chicago wants your voice and energy to help break new ground and till new soil. But once those roots are properly planted your voice will no longer be needed and you will be replaced. Karmen was a token and nothing more! Stacy’s calm matter-a-fact bluntness was always supported by sound reasoning, facts and logic. Karmen knew trusting her was wise, but at the time of the move she felt Stacy was wrong. She had built a name for herself and planned her career wisely. She felt even if they were using her as a token she would still benefit because her aspirations went beyond Chicago. It was an acceptable risk and she was primed to hit the ground running. But after yesterday’s events all her plans were dashed. Not only is Chicago gone, her position at her old firm in the Bay Area is also gone, since the Chicago backers are also old money investors at the Bay Area firm. Now even her long term political aspirations were jeopardized. She was crestfallen which is unusual for her due to her volatile temper and megalomaniacal self-image. This is a woman who is use to looking down on people, treading them underfoot, kicking ass and checking off names! But this setback was different, not only did she lose a position she has coveted and worked hard for, there was no chance she could repair the damage. Worse her previous employer in Berkeley who recommended her for the position in Chicago had sent her with their blessing and good will. The partners in Chicago let her know the video would be shared with her former employers at Berkeley. So much for business references when seeking other positions. But Stacy was quick to point out that this is a blessing in disguise. Three months ago she tried to get Karmen to go into business with her. She was beginning her own firm and felt like she and Karmen would make a great team. Karmen turned her down in favor of Chicago. Stacy told Karmen her law firm was ready to launch and Karmen would be the perfect partner and they should launch together! She had the start-up capital already in place and they could build the kind of advocacy work they always dreamed of. Now after yesterday’s events Stacy repeated her offer and Karmen said she’d think it over!
    Karmen sat on the plane and was also worried as she remembered Shalitha’s threat to tell her Mother Tanya and Grandmother Dezerai; she needed to make her pay for that, but the reality of the threat was something she could not ignore. Karmen had carefully nurtured her relationship with the family in LA and reveled in them being proud of her. After Shalitha’s pregnancy and scandal the family looked at Karmen as the sane one between the two. But the truth is, in spite of her hard work and brilliance Karmen was a manipulative vixen and vengeful adversary. But she always had a close relationship with the Washington and Davenport woman. She grew up admiring the strength of her Grandmothers, both Delesha and Dezerai. In her eyes they were champions and powerful role models of woman-hood with their great inner strength and character. She admired her Mother Tanya and Mama Tanisha for going back to school, getting their degrees and fulfilling their dream of becoming teachers and business owners. But she had a special relationship with Latoya, her realness and her incredible business savvy and entrepreneurial prowess were things Karmen identified with and emulated! Karmen was a natural rebel, a go-getter, which was a feature that was embraced by the women of both families and her sense of cause and mission had been nurtured since her teens. But unknown to the women of her family she was two people, one hard working, determined and uncompromising for social justice and women's causes, while the other Karmen could be a scheming competitive manipulative bitch, especially against a rival. As an attorney she specialized in women's rights and was an advocate for social change. When her mind set on a cause there was no changing her, she would fight courageously even against superior odds. The women in the Bay Area grew to trust her and her reputation as a champion of change was growing and in particular she was a champion for battered women of domestic violence! Chicago for her was an opportunity of a life time. She would head up an advocacy task force committed to forging legislation for women's clinics, health care, women's shelters and laws for gender equality in urban communities on the south side. She could prosecute male batterers in DV cases across the Chicago area. This would only be the beginning as she had political aspirations in legislation both state wide and national. Now all may be lost and she sat in the plane staring out the window devastated. She knew she needed to regroup and look for a place of healing and inner renewal….the Bay Area and Stacy Blackwell could provide that. With her strength and background she knew she could rebound, but for now she needed a few days to recover. Her first decision was to get away for a couple of days, so after arriving in Berkeley Karmen immediately took I-80 east to Lake Tahoe on the border of California and Nevada and rented a cabin. At the cabin she spent the next two days sitting on the deck overlooking the incredible scenery and remembered her upbringing and all the things that were important to her. She realized that somehow she got so caught up with her career advancement and revenge against Shalitha that she forgot to relax and live. Her every thought was bent on destroying her enemies and becoming a big time attorney. She needed to remember who she was and her purpose. Stacy had a long talk with Karmen before she left and let her know that she humiliated Shalitha and the events that happened in Chicago was payback for that humiliation. Karmen tried to argue but her logical mind and keen insight into motives forced her to look at herself and in the end she admitted she indeed brought this on herself. She never liked Coach Williams, she just saw him as a tool to rub defeat in Shalitha’s face. Right from the beginning she quickly deduced Coach Williams was a low down sleaze bag with lustful eyes for both her and Shalitha and she could see Shalitha was falling in love with his nasty ass! She despised her for that! She was compelled to embarrass Shalitha on the basketball court which she did, then she wanted to hurt her with the knowledge that the man she loved is a filthy lying sleaze bag who would fuck anybody with a cunt; lastly she wanted Shalitha to know that she Karmen is a better lover than her and could take a man from her anytime she felt like it! She knew Shalitha in her rage would blow everything out of proportion like lit dynamite in a pile of shit! Which she did! Coach Williams was exposed for the dog he is, and she lost her scholarship and sullied her reputation! The only thing Karmen found herself regretting was Shalitha getting in that fight and losing her baby! She actually wanted to apologize to her for that, but knew that would do more harm than good. Unfortunately regret for Shalitha’s baby would not be the only regret Karmen would have. When this whole fiasco was launched she was a second year student like Shalitha and had not yet built a career for herself. She did not tally the cost that she would eventually pay for giving Shalitha the sex tapes. She thought this would stay between them and not go any further since Shalitha was already humiliated by her relationship with her disgraced coach. In the end she had to admit her schemes came with repercussions and indeed she got what she deserved.
    After 2 days in Tahoe Karmen knew what she had to do. Shalitha had her over a barrel with the tapes and the threat of exposing her to the family…..so she decided to get on top of it and blow the whole thing up herself. She would fall on her own sword and expose herself to everyone in the family. The next thing she would do is take Stacy Blackwell up on her offer of partnership. The idea of owning a business was always appealing and partnership and ownership with Stacy was probably in the long run the best idea. There is no one better to partner with than Stacy Blackwell. Stacy Blackwell was a 33 year old Advocacy Attorney who had been in the Women's Rights wars for over a decade. She embraced Stacy as a mentor and friend early on and eventually comrades on the legal battle field. Now they would become business partners and Karmen felt a sense of destiny behind it. Stacy was excited at Karmens decision and told her she had already anticipated this when Karmen came back so she began laying the groundwork for their partnership. When Karmen returned they spent the rest of the weekend laying out the business plans. But she knew going back to LA would be the most difficult, the family will obviously be disappointed at her, but facing the music was the best way! She decided early next week would be the best time to do it, so she made reservations to fly into LA Monday morning and called the Grandmothers to set up the meeting. The Grandmothers and Mama Tanisha were the most level headed and easiest to reason with among the women in the family, her own Mother Tanya could be a screaming bitch, telling her first was asking for a fight!
    At that time Shalitha was still buzzing about getting revenge on her nemesis, still she knew she too had to make decisions about her own future. She had spent the last year and a half in St Helena, SC and was able to put the pieces of her life slowly back together. Soonji’s Gullah family welcomed her as one of their own. She worked part time in one of the resorts and taught Kung Fu in Charleston, SC. In spite of her height Shalitha was extremely quick on her feet and her hand speed and power was ferocious. Crane forms were her best as it made her a defensive master. When she worked her katas she was elegant and looked like a professional dancer. One would have thought she was a member of Alvin Ailey Dance troupe. There were times you would think she could fly as she would spin dervish like blocking and avoiding all forms of aggression, but just when her opponent thought she was a female Floyd Mayweather, all defense and very little offense, she would suddenly become Thomas Hearns and use her height and arm length as lethal weapons. Striking from any angle and with cobra like speed and power in either hand! But her leg strength was her greatest asset, they were long and lethal and she learned early on to master angles, so that each step covered a lot of ground. Defensively she would be there and gone, offensively she could look out of range and suddenly close ground and launch with power. In addition she had a long powerful body and strong constitution, she could take blows both body and head. She did very well in Charleston quickly developing a reputation as being an outstanding instructor and her classes grew. She lived with Soonji the entire time so she had a chance to save money and build a strong economic base. She also worked as a researcher on several law cases in one of the firms in Charleston. Eventually she found herself missing Law and knew she wanted to return to Law school. Some of her old instructors at Howard saw the change and maturity in her and went to bat to help her clear some hurdles so she could attend Georgetown University of Law. After 3 years in St. Helena she moved back to the DC area and went to Law school. She did her internships at the World Bank and UNICEF, after graduation she built a career for herself. But in spite of her growth and maturity she never reconciled with her father….it was a mistake that would eventually catch up to her. Indeed the Devil would have its due!

To be continued
    Last edited by shak7; January 8th, 2017 at 01:21 PM.