Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To the writers.....

This message is to the writers of this board

Have you ever experienced emotional attachment to any of the characters you created? As if they jumped out of the story and became real. For example I found myself looking at some of the characters in the story of other writers as more than just characters.......such as Angel in AngelDawns stories or Lady Bianca and June in A Penman's story. The characters in JB57s stories always have fascinating temperaments such as Conchita or Louise. Mortons Karen and Kathi stood out to me as well. All of Deensmiths characters and Rino's characters were interesting, particularly Joanne Mercer on the train. There are many great writers who brought their characters to life. Giannis and Emery and Jim and CCFight! In writing Dezerai 4 I damn near had a kinship with some of the characters that was different this time from any other times. Have any of you had that experience with the characters you created or with someone else's character?
    I'm writing a novel at this time and as I get better as a writer I sense it's about to get emotional with some of the characters.

Shak

Senior Hostboard Member Anubisx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Re: To the writers.....

I feel the same. That's why I love stories where there is a noticiable character development, because that way you know the fighting women in depth... and they come to life. All the writers that you're naming get that.
    MY SEXFIGHT E-BOOKS: Anubisx's Amazon

MY DEVIANTART: Anubisx's DeviantART

MY LAST SEXFIGHT E-BOOK: Resort Showdown

Senior Hostboard Member Angel Dawn's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Hi Shak. Thank you for the kind words about me and "Private Eye"... I am humbled to be included with all of the talented authors that you mentioned. .. and thank you Anubisx for including me as an author who "gets that"

I hope that I do not sound too egotistical or selfish with what I am about to say. We all have fantasies. When I began thinking about writing here at Hostboard, I penned a few short stories but never posted them... they just did not feel right. As I read and re-read what I had written it was like reading a story that had no life. The characters were empty... just names on a page. And then I began thinking about my personal fantasies and wrote a few pages about one of them with the same result. Lifeless. Shallow. And then it was like a light bulb turned on inside me. Why don't I put myself into the story?

So I created the character Angelica Johansen and thought she would make a very smart and sexy private eye. I am not sure exactly how to explain this.. but I am Angelica Johansen. When she speaks it is me speaking. She and I are the same person. She allows me to act out my fantasies... and when she walks or talks or laughs or becomes angry, I feel what she feels. I see what she sees... or should I say that I see and feel what she sees and feels. She is more than just my alter-ego. She is my soul mate. She is who I am. I love Angelica Johansen.

I believe that it is important to create characters who have feelings... strengths... weaknesses ... characters who are happy and sad... cheerful and angry .. characters with emotions such as love and hate and jealousy... characters who are alive... characters who make good and bad decisions... and characters who are good and evil. Creating personas takes more than a sentence. A character's personality has to be developed over time with the understanding that all good girls have a little evil inside them.. and the wicked bitches sometimes have a spark of goodness in them. (except for characters like Michelle who is a wicked evil bitch all the time!) ... I have tried to make my characters real.. with real everyday concerns...and have tried to place them in situations involving real life experiences. It is not about sexfighting and titfighting. It is about two girls with feelings and emotions.. with needs and desires. It is about two girls with anger and rage and jealousy and hatred... and it can also be about two girls with an insatiable need for pleasure. Writing the sex scenes is easy. Developing believable characters is the difficult part of writing.. but it is the characters who breathe life into a story.

To all of the new authors .... try to not write a sexfight between two girls.... write about two girls who are sexfighting. There is a difference.

xoxoxo,

Angel ^i^
    Last edited by Angel Dawn; September 27th, 2016 at 11:14 AM.

Senior Hostboard Member
    To the writers.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDawn30 View Post
    Hi Shak. Thank you for the kind words about me and "Private Eye"... I am humbled to be included with all of the talented authors that you mentioned. .. and thank you Anubisx for including me as an author who "gets that"

I hope that I do not sound too egotistical or selfish with what I am about to say. We all have fantasies. When I began thinking about writing here at Hostboard, I penned a few short stories but never posted them... they just did not feel right. As I read and re-read what I had written it was like reading a story that had no life. The characters were empty... just names on a page. And then I began thinking about my personal fantasies and wrote a few pages about one of them with the same result. Lifeless. Shallow. And then it was like a light bulb turned on inside me. Why don't I put myself into the story?

So I created the character Angelica Johansen and thought she would make a very smart and sexy private eye. I am not sure exactly how to explain this.. but I am Angelica Johansen. When she speaks it is me speaking. She and I are the same person. She allows me to act out my fantasies... and when she walks or talks or laughs or becomes angry, I feel what she feels. I see what she sees... or should I say that I see and feel what she sees and feels. She is more than just my alter-ego. She is my soul mate. She is who I am. I love Angelica Johansen.

I believe that it is important to create characters who have feelings... strengths... weaknesses ... characters who are happy and sad... cheerful and angry .. characters with emotions such as love and hate and jealousy... characters who are alive... characters who make good and bad decisions... and characters who are good and evil. Creating personas takes more than a sentence. A character's personality has to be developed over time with the understanding that all good girls have a little evil inside them.. and the wicked bitches sometimes have a spark of goodness in them. (except for characters like Michelle who is a wicked evil bitch all the time!) ... I have tried to make my characters real.. with real everyday concerns...and have tried to place them in situations involving real life experiences. It is not about sexfighting and titfighting. It is about two girls with feelings and emotions.. with needs and desires. It is about two girls with anger and rage and jealousy and hatred... and it can also be about two girls with an insatiable need for pleasure. Writing the sex scenes is easy. Developing believable characters is the difficult part of writing.. but it is the characters who breathe life into a story.

To all of the new authors .... try to not write a sexfight between two girls.... write about two girls who are sexfighting. There is a difference.

xoxoxo,

Angel ^i^
    Hey Lady

That was the kind of response I had been longing to hear....thank you.

Shak

HB Forum Owner
    To the writers.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDawn30 View Post

xoxoxo,

Angel ^i^
    Extraordinary response from an extraordinary woman!
    A. Penman

Senior Hostboard Member
    To the writers.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post
    Extraordinary response from an extraordinary woman!
    A. Penman
    WE APPRECIATE YOUR CALLING THE LOVELY MISTRESS ANGELDAWN30 EXTRAORDINARY (Which she most certainly is)
    BUT I WANTED TO HEAR ESPECIALLY FROM YOU. YOUR STORIES ARE SOME OF THE MOST UNIQUE ON THIS BOARD.
    THE WAY YOU HAD LADY BIANCA AND JUNE CONNECT PROFESSIONALLY, THEN TURN INTO A RIVALRY, THEN TURN INTO A SNATCH AND GRAB, LEAVING POOR STEVE ALL ALONE AND HURTING........THEN HAVING OLD MR. PENMAN (tell me something wasn't going with that) POP UP IN THE END. THEN THE WHOLE THING BEING A DREAM, THEN REAL AGAIN IN THE END WITH THE CARD!!!!! COME-ON MAN.....FROM ONE OLD GUY TO ANOTHER............WHAT'S UP..........TALK TO US???

Shak

HB Forum Owner
    To the writers.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shak7 View Post
    WE APPRECIATE YOUR CALLING THE LOVELY MISTRESS ANGELDAWN30 EXTRAORDINARY (Which she most certainly is)
    BUT I WANTED TO HEAR ESPECIALLY FROM YOU. YOUR STORIES ARE SOME OF THE MOST UNIQUE ON THIS BOARD.
    THE WAY YOU HAD LADY BIANCA AND JUNE CONNECT PROFESSIONALLY, THEN TURN INTO A RIVALRY, THEN TURN INTO A SNATCH AND GRAB, LEAVING POOR STEVE ALL ALONE AND HURTING........THEN HAVING OLD MR. PENMAN (tell me something wasn't going with that) POP UP IN THE END. THEN THE WHOLE THING BEING A DREAM, THEN REAL AGAIN IN THE END WITH THE CARD!!!!! COME-ON MAN.....FROM ONE OLD GUY TO ANOTHER............WHAT'S UP..........TALK TO US???

Shak
    Shak-

First of all, I'm a very youngish OLD MoFo...And I do plan to respond, just as soon as I can locate the memory pills and the oxygen tank. So, cut me some slack, brother!

Second, your initial post is so intriguing and thought provoking that I wanted to try to honor it with the kind of reflective response it deserves. It's a unique question-one that had never occurred to me so I'm going to give it some thought. But I'll respond. It might require a glass of wine and a little Charlie Parker, but I'll come up with something.

A.Penman

Senior Hostboard Member Giannis-CB's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Angel my love,

You wrote : " Writing the sex scenes is easy. Developing believable characters is the difficult part of writing.. but it is the characters who breathe life into a story.

To all of the new authors .... try to not write a sexfight between two girls.... write about two girls who are sexfighting. There is a difference."

You said all in two sentences ! My hat's off for you.

I sign all you wrote. Except that being a man, an hetero man, i can not think myself as one of the women i read or i write.

But i can like some women more than others or I can find some women characters hotter than others. In my stories, in other writers stories as well.

For example... in your INCREDIBLY well written story of Angelica... i have a crash on Jeniffer's mother. Same goes for Ashley. My fantasies are speaking of course.

I think that men writers have a different way to look at the women characters than the women writers.

More than your characters, i have been attracted to 1-2 of A.Penman characters, to Dezerai of Shak also. To some other characters of great writers i can't recall now.

My two cents.

Be well ! Have fun !

Senior Hostboard Member sffan4e's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I must confess that I haven't read stories lately anymore. But on the occasion that I do, and the ones I have read, I want to say I appreciate what you guys (and Angels ) can do and have done.

Respect to you all bow

@shak7, great question.
    @Angeldawn30, great response.

Senior Hostboard Member luffy316's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the best characters you kinda feel for. I once wrote a bio for a (non-smut) story and cried when I pieced it all together. most specifically in a fight story, my Kate Kinsley project got that. It started as a parody of Scott Pilgrim, but as I made the characters more different, I realized their own unique motivations and what made them do what they did, and knew it had become its own creature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast