Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of an era - dww.at is closed

Quote Originally Posted by grazhopper05 View Post
    thanks a lot for doing the research, i didn't think to check IP, site registration etc.

brings up a question though, now that dww seems to be truly out of business, what is the legality of trading dww video downloads? this may have been answered on this forum already, if yes, then would appreciate if someone could point me to the post. if not, then thoughts anyone?
    Oof, you have posed one of the most difficult questions ever I think the first part is easy to answer, private trading of copies does not touch on the copyright of the material as it's not a commercial sale. Installing an online platform on the other hand without the consent of the intellectual owner is property theft. Had that happened, we'd know about it, the production industry of such videos is small.

Practically however this is a Blockbuster vs. Netflix issue, sexual fetish edition. It's obvious that DWW closed down on the one hand for the obvious reason, the lack of resources to compete with streaming, especially the free kind. On top of that, with the introduction of broadband and bigger file size storage, the formerly relatively unknown girls from Europe's poorer side became more easily identifiable, which admittedly is a scary thought, not to mention that the question of sexuality changed too. To say it short, half of Europe started to view sexuality for women like the American South did in the '50s.

Anyhow, if a commercial entity wishes to legally distribute the content, the contract does not need to entail what kind of videos they made. Still, there are some obscure cases of suggested piracy, like when Disney, the same ones who lobbied the characters they drew never become public domain, have sent a cease and desist letter to a Floridian kindergarten 30 years ago over their mural depicting Mickey, Donald and Goofy. To take it one step further, there are companies owning the rights to manga and/or anime that they never publish but sue anyone who tries. There's equally abandonware and vaporware as there are lawyers specialized in "defending" the intellectual property of defaulted companies from others using them for a fee, hence why it's a complicated and ugly question.

Senior Hostboard Member kamafight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

asfilm.de has been purchasing titles from kontex, festelle, lscottsales, academy wrestling, joanwise, amazon productions, tpc wreslting etc. they have it all under a common platform. i purchased a bunch of videos from them recently. i hope they purchase dww's catalog. it really is an amazing catalog. it would be a shame to lose it all completely. the dww/hpc/tribgirls videos are on another level alltogether.

- - - Updated - - -

how much do you think the whole dww/hpc/trib girls catalog would cost? i remember there used to be an offer on DWW where they would send you the complete catalog for a certain amount of euros on a portable hard drive.

- - - Updated - - -

doesnt anyone here know the producers of the dww videos? we are talking about one of the greatest titfight/sexfight video producers of all time. they just disappeared and theres nothing anyone can do about it.

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kamafight View Post
    asfilm.de has been purchasing titles from kontex, festelle, lscottsales, academy wrestling, joanwise, amazon productions, tpc wreslting etc. they have it all under a common platform. i purchased a bunch of videos from them recently. i hope they purchase dww's catalog. it really is an amazing catalog. it would be a shame to lose it all completely. the dww/hpc/tribgirls videos are on another level alltogether.

- - - Updated - - -

how much do you think the whole dww/hpc/trib girls catalog would cost? i remember there used to be an offer on DWW where they would send you the complete catalog for a certain amount of euros on a portable hard drive.

- - - Updated - - -

doesnt anyone here know the producers of the dww videos? we are talking about one of the greatest titfight/sexfight video producers of all time. they just disappeared and theres nothing anyone can do about it.
    Guenter Rottensteiner DWW Handelsgesellschaft m.b.H. at Website Informer I can't and won't claim the electronic addresses are valid, as the domain that hosted the webpages has discontinued service for them, and it also might be that this person is a Verwalter, a legal caretaker, and not necessarily directly connected to the business beyond matters concerning the very likely dismantling of whatever is left of it. On a personal note... I have had this with Soft on Demand way back when, and while they still exist, they no longer produce lotion and strip fights, but others do. The competitors of DWW's wrestling videos still live so it's likely they contract with others. I don't advise a hard approach with them, as I said before, at the beginning of the 21st century DWW had to geoblock several IPs (way back when proxies weren't offered for free) due to a high internet traffic of men wanting to contact the girls to have sex with them.

Senior Hostboard Member kamafight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

I don't advise a hard approach with them, as I said before, at the beginning of the 21st century DWW had to geoblock several IPs (way back when proxies weren't offered for free) due to a high internet traffic of men wanting to contact the girls to have sex with them.
    wow, thats scary. how did you learn about this?

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kamafight View Post
    wow, thats scary. how did you learn about this?
    It made news back then, but also from forums in other languages. How to put this best... see, many of countries these women originate had no sexual revolution due to then-communist policies on personal liberty, so treating women as property was commonplace. I'm not claiming it's rosy for women here in the West, but a lot depends on how authorities follow the issue, and these parts made better progress. In short, they believed the action the women perform is something they'd do for anyone, and as a response, the Austrian site was blocked for much of Eastern Europe and e-mail was kept only for billing or other issues. This is why they used only a first name basis.

I don't speak technical German, so I'm not familiar with legal terms, but if anyone got credits stuck in there, I'd gladly translate it pro bono as that is a matter an appointed lawyer has to deal with.

Junior Hostboard Member alohano's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

An excellent, excellent site, for so long. Many thx for all the incredible battles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123