Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Exclamation California Wildcats hacked?

I've not been able to use my laptop today, but every time I try to visit the CW site via an iPad, I get redirected to spam sites...

I don't believe it has been closed, so I thought this would be a good place to let its developers know that, if they use a "mobile site" (which is what an iPad sometimes wants to connect to, instead of the full site), this route may have been hacked.

Senior Hostboard Member 44automag's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Re: California Wildcats hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by indris View Post
    I've not been able to use my laptop today, but every time I try to visit the CW site via an iPad, I get redirected to spam sites...

I don't believe it has been closed, so I thought this would be a good place to let its developers know that, if they use a "mobile site" (which is what an iPad sometimes wants to connect to, instead of the full site), this route may have been hacked.
    The CW welcome page is loading fine with Firefox browser in Windows 10, time 22:45 GMT, it may be an Apple thing, or an issue in their browser.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I tried it both with Safari and Firefox for Mobile; when you click the URL, I think a piece of code or a program has been attached to their domain, so it redirects you away to a spam site. Even if you try to go to a specific page, it still captures the URL-click.

The company should check to see if something is leeching their bandwidth.

Hostboard Member fanofthefights's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The site is working just fine for me across multiple devices including mac, PC, and android phone

Senior Hostboard Member 44automag's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I tried it both with Safari and Firefox for Mobile; when you click the URL, I think a piece of code or a program has been attached to their domain, so it redirects you away to a spam site. Even if you try to go to a specific page, it still captures the URL-click.

The company should check to see if something is leeching their bandwidth.
    I suspect your device has picked up some malware along the line, you should check thoroughly with whatever anti-virus or anti-spybot you use.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 44automag View Post
    I suspect your device has picked up some malware along the line, you should check thoroughly with whatever anti-virus or anti-spybot you use.
    An iPad cannot be SCANNED/CHECKED to see if there is malware, because Apple designed them so no anti-virus apps could be installed; nor can malware get on them for the same reason, as the paths that AV apps and malware normally use are blocked off.

Since I don't have another iOS device, however, I honestly can't say whether the problem affects iOS devices only.

JugglesTheClown

An iPad cannot be SCANNED/CHECKED to see if there is malware, because Apple designed them so no anti-virus apps could be installed; nor can malware get on them for the same reason, as the paths that AV apps and malware normally use are blocked off.

Don't base your beliefs on marketing BS.

How to Protect Your iPad From Malware and Viruses
    The one way to know your iPad or iPhone has a virus | One Page | Komando.com