Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses - T or F?

HB Forum Owner
    Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses - T or F?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Re: Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses - T or

"...the writer Dorothy Parker first made this famous quote in New York in August 1925.
    Does it still hold true nowadays, one wonders?"

Ragnar0K

I've been following this thread since its inception and it seems to have taken on a very pleasant and sometimes amusing life of its own.

But I'm compelled to observe that, considering the overwhelmingly positive response here to women who wear glasses, perhaps the LAST time dear Dorothy Parker's infamous observation might have actually been true was indeed August of 1925.

Sexy women come packaged both with and without glasses...obviously. BUT there's an intangible, hot "thing" that happens when that gorgeous woman stops, turns and peers at you over the rims with that look that says "Seriously? You think that you can handle THIS?" It's an affect for sure, but it's oh so sexy!!!

And then, there's the question of how a man of obvious elegance and sophistication such as yourself (you're likely sipping a claret right this moment) was compelled to present this as an issue worthy of debate in the first place.

Notwithstanding some of the intriguing story ideas that this thread has spawned, I?m not buying the concept of you presenting yourself as a vessel for open, enlightened discourse on a topic that, judging from the responses, is in no need of open discourse.

Simply stated, girls who wear glasses are hot! Indeed, I started making passes at bodacious bespectacled babes in 1926! But then, I?ve always been a cutting edge guy. (reaches around, pats own back, pulls shoulder out of joint, experiences excruciating pain)

Also of note here is the glaring omission of an opinion/stated preference by you, the progenitor of this curious, albeit delightful thread.

I have no legitimate reason to harbor doubt and I can?t prove a damn thing. But, given the current political climate here in the U.S. I don?t need no stinking evidence!

You?re up to something! I will uncover your scheme and expose it! If only I had access to your personal emails!

In the meantime, be well my UK brother.

A.P.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Hey A.P.

I guess I was hoping that the heated discourse on this 'Trojan Horse' thread might induce you to sally forth once more from your New England eerie .

Clearly, my intention all along has been to stimulate good honest debate on a topical subject that is dear to our hearts. While I don't disagree that this topic is probably settled enough already, it's been nice to pick up contributions along the way from a range of different contributors, both longstanding veterans and those relatively new to the forum.

At the risk of disappointing you slightly, I must confess to having followed the venerable English custom of brewing tea in order to fortify myself while responding. However, the sun has now risen far enough above the yardarm for something more potent to be considered appropriate.

Like you I think, I’ve always been a cutting edge sort of chap, and any glaring omission of an opinion/stated preference by me could be interpreted as wilful behaviour, fully intended to tease ! Also, given the current political climate here in the U.K. as well as the U.S., the last thing I wanted was to become yet another purveyor of fake news...

So, while you may continue trying to uncover my cunning scheme, I will also be posting a little something in the near future that may just help to solve the riddle of Ragnar0k's undisclosed preferences.

Its great to hear from you! Be well.

R
    Last edited by Ragnar0k; September 16th, 2017 at 01:07 PM.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Well, after a short production delay I'm now in a position to go public with regard to my preferences for girls who wear glasses ... Mr Penman please note

The attached thumbnails are taken from a story collaboration with an artist friend of mine and the full work entitled Showdown in Shinjuku is available via my Pixiv page [R-18] 【girlfight】「SHOWDOWN IN SHINJUKU」イラスト/Ragnar0k [pixiv]

All you need to view it is a free pixiv account if you don't have one already.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately the face furniture can only hold up for so long under such demanding conditions as those who follow the full story will appreciate...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (59.5 KB, 24 views)
    • File Type: jpg b.jpg (52.9 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg c.jpg (58.9 KB, 22 views)

HB Forum Owner

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Ragnar0k-

I went to the site and signed up. Very nice work!
    One Question.

1.Is there an accompanying story on the site?
    2.If so, how can one find it? OR...
    3.Is the story coming here to the forum?
    4.When?

As you can clearly tell, I'm quite the math wiz.

Regards,
    A.P.

Post Script: "Face furniture?" Really?

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post
    Ragnar0k-

I went to the site and signed up. Very nice work!
    One Question.

1.Is there an accompanying story on the site?
    2.If so, how can one find it? OR...
    3.Is the story coming here to the forum?
    4.When?

As you can clearly tell, I'm quite the math wiz.

Regards,
    A.P.

Post Script: "Face furniture?" Really?

A.P. - Thanks as always for the feedback, and in answer to your mathematically-challenged Q:

1. Not yet.
    2. Can't.
    3. Maybe.
    4. No ETA yet.

To elaborate, the picture story was an excursion from the BSQ universe which I guess may appear in one of the next chapters. BSQ itself has been pretty much on ice over the summer while I've been working on other projects: the Women of Mars series, plus a brand new Manga concept I'm developing. The latter will reference some of my favourite samurai films and involve some women with serious ninja skills .

I always assumed that Face furniture was a recognised colloquialism but perhaps it hasn't reached New England yet lol

Ragnar0k

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123