Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses - T or F?

Senior Hostboard Member
    Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses - T or F?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Continuing a theme discussed in a recent thread, the writer Dorothy Parker first made this famous quote in New York in August 1925.

Does it still hold true nowadays, one wonders?

Answers on a postcard

Ragnar0k
    Attached Images Attached Images

HB Forum Owner

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Re: Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses - T or

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k View Post
    Continuing a theme discussed in a recent thread, the writer Dorothy Parker first made this famous quote in New York in August 1925.

Answers on a postcard

Ragnar0k
    OH HELL NO! Didn't even need to look at the thumbnails for this one. NOT TRUE!

A.P.

Senior Hostboard Member Giannis-CB's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Answers on a postcard

Ragnar0k
    No problem with the first one but i somehow prefer the second, the dark-haired.

Now... if there is a competition among them, who gets the better glasses, who am i to dare to stop them ? LOL LOL LOL

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-CB View Post
    No problem with the first one but i somehow prefer the second, the dark-haired.

Now... if there is a competition among them, who gets the better glasses, who am i to dare to stop them ? LOL LOL LOL
    Hey Giannis,

I agree with you - there's something about the dark-haired girl that I like. But I mustn't pick sides as any contest between them would be awesome... maybe someone can suggest a scenario and I might have a go at writing it, based on information gathered on this thread.

Personally, I think they look both look European, but first we need to establish which different countries they are from, and then perhaps we can arrive at their names.

Come on, anyone can play!

Ragnar0k

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Top executives of their Respective firms meet at a public meeting ?

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Giannis,

I agree with you - there's something about the dark-haired girl that I like. But I mustn't pick sides as any contest between them would be awesome... maybe someone can suggest a scenario and I might have a go at writing it, based on information gathered on this thread.

Personally, I think they look both look European, but first we need to establish which different countries they are from, and then perhaps we can arrive at their names.

Come on, anyone can play!

Ragnar0k

Even though I've no stake in the issue, as a fiction writer, who likes to do extensive research to be as realistic as possible, I'd do it the other way around. While on the surface (especially to non-European, non-white people) everyone seems similar, it's still a continent with 25 different languages, various branches of faith, and diverse cultures that hugely affect names. As such, it can be a huge indicator in life choices. Heck, certain countries formerly under Russian boots are also repressed sexually, so they're a beast of their own when it comes to sexual conflict.

For a period in the '90s, women in Western Europe saw Southerners and Easterners as a threat/competition on the "husband market", and to this day, some are sought out in the belief that they're of lower maintenance. A scenario could be like that French movie with Kristin Scott Thomas (that was remade awfully by Brian DePalma) which would present them as rivals in the same multinational company.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sm0397 View Post
    Top executives of their Respective firms meet at a public meeting ?
    That's a great one, and could certainly be a productive line to follow: perhaps their firms are competing for some vital contract that could make or break their respective reputations?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by catfightlover40 View Post
    Even though I've no stake in the issue, as a fiction writer, who likes to do extensive research to be as realistic as possible, I'd do it the other way around. While on the surface (especially to non-European, non-white people) everyone seems similar, it's still a continent with 25 different languages, various branches of faith, and diverse cultures that hugely affect names. As such, it can be a huge indicator in life choices. Heck, certain countries formerly under Russian boots are also repressed sexually, so they're a beast of their own when it comes to sexual conflict.

For a period in the '90s, women in Western Europe saw Southerners and Easterners as a threat/competition on the "husband market", and to this day, some are sought out in the belief that they're of lower maintenance. A scenario could be like that French movie with Kristin Scott Thomas (that was remade awfully by Brian DePalma) which would present them as rivals in the same multinational company.
    Thanks, you raise a number of interesting points.

I would agree that doing the necessary research is critical as a fiction writer. I guess I was more going with the first impressions created by the sourced images in the first instance... but anyone writing this up would clearly want to research a compelling backstory to augment each character's personality and other attributes. Otherwise, its a case of sexy blonde meets sexy brunette and see what happens.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a great one, and could certainly be a productive line to follow: perhaps their firms are competing for some vital contract that could make or break their respective reputations?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, you raise a number of interesting points.

I would agree that doing the necessary research is critical as a fiction writer. I guess I was more going with the first impressions created by the sourced images in the first instance... but anyone writing this up would clearly want to research a compelling backstory to augment each character's personality and other attributes. Otherwise, its a case of sexy blonde meets sexy brunette and see what happens.
    Thanks for your reply. It doesn't of course need to be a level of being anal about it, but I do think, that the last few decades of literature and entertainment has spoiled us into enjoying unique takes more, than traditional settings so the content stays fresh. The most ideal would be (if I had the time on my hands to write it) to run it by the female members of the forum. It might just be me as a straight guy who doesn't read that many sexfight stories, but my impression is, that a lot of them is heteronormative as we imagine them to be entertaining. It could just as well be a story about industrial espionage, where a team leader has to hide her real sexual orientation, and a competitor finds out, but instead of blackmailing her, they send in a bisexual operative who seduces her to get close to classified intel. The team leader doesn't know, that when she was younger, she held a talk on future prospects for women in the tech industry, and that had sent a then little girl on a path to become an executive. She's the other woman, but she keeps her desires a secret, so when the operative coerces the team leader to abandon the company, she mistakes it for a simple seduction, and challenges the woman to a duel, which provides both eroticism, but also animosity, making it an actual fight.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catfightlover40 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. It doesn't of course need to be a level of being anal about it, but I do think, that the last few decades of literature and entertainment has spoiled us into enjoying unique takes more, than traditional settings so the content stays fresh. The most ideal would be (if I had the time on my hands to write it) to run it by the female members of the forum. It might just be me as a straight guy who doesn't read that many sexfight stories, but my impression is, that a lot of them is heteronormative as we imagine them to be entertaining. It could just as well be a story about industrial espionage, where a team leader has to hide her real sexual orientation, and a competitor finds out, but instead of blackmailing her, they send in a bisexual operative who seduces her to get close to classified intel. The team leader doesn't know, that when she was younger, she held a talk on future prospects for women in the tech industry, and that had sent a then little girl on a path to become an executive. She's the other woman, but she keeps her desires a secret, so when the operative coerces the team leader to abandon the company, she mistakes it for a simple seduction, and challenges the woman to a duel, which provides both eroticism, but also animosity, making it an actual fight.

Hey, I really like the premise you laid out here where 'a team leader has to hide her real sexual orientation, and a competitor finds out, but instead of blackmailing her, they send in a bisexual operative who seduces her to get close to classified intel.' That would make an awesome story!

In terms of members of the forum, you'll find that we cover a lot of different bases here, but a fair few of the stories are written by guys writing about their own fantasies. The fabulous Angel Dawn is a stellar exception to this rule, of course, and there may be other noteworthy female writers but you can't always tell from the monikers being used.

I'm quite fortunate as I have made a couple of female friends among the forum fraternity and it seems that some of my stories are at least appreciated by female forum members.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, I really like the premise you laid out here where 'a team leader has to hide her real sexual orientation, and a competitor finds out, but instead of blackmailing her, they send in a bisexual operative who seduces her to get close to classified intel.' That would make an awesome story!

In terms of members of the forum, you'll find that we cover a lot of different bases here, but a fair few of the stories are written by guys writing about their own fantasies. The fabulous Angel Dawn is a stellar exception to this rule, of course, and there may be other noteworthy female writers but you can't always tell from the monikers being used.

I'm quite fortunate as I have made a couple of female friends among the forum fraternity and it seems that some of my stories are at least appreciated by female forum members.
    I have seen several different interests, but I've also read a topic about the realism of an actual titfight scenario, and how different it is, what we find arousing and what they think would happen, hence why I thought it was a good idea, or at least a suggestion that they too took a stab at it so that the most of readers can be satisfied in many ways. As I'm a recluse in terms of social affinity, I can't say I've had or could make good acquittances with the ladies here, or to be precise, I communicate better in written form. This is also taking into account why I can't really express how it's a bit of between a rock and a hard place, I do see them as my equal, but my username is quite telling about how I also like fantasies about them demeaning themselves.

Anyhow... if there are other suggestion needed, I have other scenarios too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast