Thread: Would you use it as an icebreaker or lose the ship?

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Would you use it as an icebreaker or lose the ship?

Hi all,

So this might seem off topic, but I'm genuinely interested, as the last topic about preferences peeked my attention. I've read this more than a decade ago about how the then-mayor of Berlin was lucky of facing no repercussion for being gay as it's more accepted, then, let's say, you're drawn to one or more of the fetishes here. I'm not necessarily looking for actual accounts, theoretical responses are also enough.

So would you, and if so, when would you tell your significant other, that you're into a sexual fetish? Do you think they'd be turned off by it, or the opposite, pester you for more? I've always told my girlfriends, but only months after we started dating. In a different discussion on another site plenty of people said how sexual attraction is important. I was thinking, sure, but try walking a mile in my shoes, I can't and won't publicly say who my ideal partner would be, yet it very much limits choices.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Would you use it as an icebreaker or lose the ship?

I bring it up early. I am, or at least was, active in my local BDSM community, so it was pretty important part of my life. No point in hiding it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a mistake.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Honesty is imperative in a relationship, but there's no need to reveal too much too soon. Once you reach the point you think it's getting serious, it's best to have "the talk" (about whatever the issue is you hadn't been comfortable enough to reveal up to then). If it's going to be a deal-breaker for the other party, best you both know earlier rather than "too late".

Of course that's just my general opinion. Each of us must deal with the situation individually as it applies to our particular circumstance. For instance, if YOU'RE a serial killer, you probably wouldn't want to tell. On the other hand, if THEY'RE a serial killer, that may be an important piece of character information YOU'D like to be informed of before it's too late!

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny38 View Post
    Honesty is imperative in a relationship, but there's no need to reveal too much too soon. Once you reach the point you think it's getting serious, it's best to have "the talk" (about whatever the issue is you hadn't been comfortable enough to reveal up to then). If it's going to be a deal-breaker for the other party, best you both know earlier rather than "too late".

Of course that's just my general opinion. Each of us must deal with the situation individually as it applies to our particular circumstance. For instance, if YOU'RE a serial killer, you probably wouldn't want to tell. On the other hand, if THEY'RE a serial killer, that may be an important piece of character information YOU'D like to be informed of before it's too late!
    Interesting that you bring up the topic, since the 5th episode of the last season of the canceled CM: Beyond Borders had at least one writer with a fetish for female competition of the subtle and more direct art, as one of the characters acted as exposition on the psyche on how women fight nonphysically.

The general idea was, that we are fortunately more and more accepting of quirks and treats of other humans, like the LGBTQ and the BDSM community, and yet, it doesn't seem easy to just casually drop into the conversation that for (the general ) you, volent and/or nonviolent competition is a turn on. I waited like 6 months before bringing it up, and I found acceptance. The other thing that half jokingly interests me, if we will ever get a Tinder/Grinder type app to date within the catfight/sexfight community