Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What can we do to help?

A few days ago I posted a question about edits and add-ons for our stories. A few writers also expressed serious concern about this issue, but I have to admit I was alarmed to hear XP, the board "OWNER" the person who started this forum and the person who we have had the pleasure of participating with for the last 15+ years at this forum; from reading great stories and learning how to write them ourselves. In addition this forum has helped me make sense of my strange addiction and realize I'm not alone!
    YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOU'RE OWN BOARD......HAVE REQUESTED FOR HELP.......AND RECIEVE NONE???
    Am I getting that straight or am I misunderstanding you?
    And it's not like you're asking for something unreasonable.........just help you help your clients have a good fully functional forum!
    If this is true, what can we do to help?
    Who do we write to and what do you need us to say?
    It's time you not fight this one alone.....if we read and write here, let us help you keep it alive and make it fully functional!

Shak

Senior Hostboard Member sffan4e's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: What can we do to help?

How I understand it, is that XP is the one who started this forum, but the whole infrastructure is from hostboard. See it as you started this thread. So you can be seen as the topic starter/thread owner. But your options on what you and others can do in your thread/topic depends on what hostboard offers.

So in a sense XP is also limited is his movements, although as a forum owner he can of course do more that us, the regular members. But it is not that he can implement some technical changes.

It indeed would be wise to discuss with XP what we can to do help. I don't know if it's wise that each individual starts writing (bothering them with the same issue) to the board owner. Or that we start some petition, or let it to XP to keep the contact and requests to the board/website owner.
    For more info about TIF2018 see: [URL="http://www.hostboard.com/forums/f294/280858-trib-forward-2018-a.html"]Trib It Forward 2018 project[/URL]

[URL="http://www.hostboard.com/forums/f294/279774-may-trib-you.html"]-May The Trib Be With You-[/URL]

Senior Hostboard Member
    What can we do to help?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sffan4e View Post
    How I understand it, is that XP is the one who started this forum, but the whole infrastructure is from hostboard. See it as you started this thread. So you can be seen as the topic starter/thread owner. But your options on what you and others can do in your thread/topic depends on what hostboard offers.

So in a sense XP is also limited is his movements, although as a forum owner he can of course do more that us, the regular members. But it is not that he can implement some technical changes.

It indeed would be wise to discuss with XP what we can to do help. I don't know if it's wise that each individual starts writing (bothering them with the same issue) to the board owner. Or that we start some petition, or let it to XP to keep the contact and requests to the board/website owner.

To sffan

His technical limitations, the details of ownership, no matter how wide or limited is of no concern of mine. Here's what concerns me.....
    If I "own" something or "rent" something or "purchase" something or "use" something, I am doing this for a specific benefit. I am entitled to that benefit and it is stipulated in the contract I agreed upon, and the contractor expects certain things from me. If I am not getting full benefit, then that needs to get corrected so I can get what I contracted for. Just like they should expect full pay or restitution from me, I expect full benefit from them.
    If Hostboard is not doing what it's supposed to do, then find out why and if XP's cannot get clarity as to why, then that's a problem.
    THAT'S WHAT CONCERNS ME!

Shak

HB Forum Owner
    What can we do to help?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

OK so XP "owns" TF and SF forum, but there are other folks who own Hostboard? Correct?

Whatever the case, one simple fact remains. Editing capability USED to be there and now it's NOT. To me, that's not right. If it's a technical glitch and if, as SHAK says, XP is not getting what he contracted for (and subsequently us, as writers) then Hostboard NEEDS to be made aware of any malfunctions and, if necessary, reminded on a regular basis to FIX them. They should have "tech" folks for stuff like this.
    And for the record, I'd write a note to the board to request that they resolve this matter.

Thanks,
    A. Penman

Senior Hostboard Member
    What can we do to help?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post
    OK so XP "owns" TF and SF forum, but there are other folks who own Hostboard? Correct?

Whatever the case, one simple fact remains. Editing capability USED to be there and now it's NOT. To me, that's not right. If it's a technical glitch and if, as SHAK says, XP is not getting what he contracted for (and subsequently us, as writers) then Hostboard NEEDS to be made aware of any malfunctions and, if necessary, reminded on a regular basis to FIX them. They should have "tech" folks for stuff like this.
    And for the record, I'd write a note to the board to request that they resolve this matter.

Thanks,
    A. Penman

AMEN!!!!

Shak

Senior Hostboard Member Giannis-CB's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shak7 View Post
    AMEN!!!!

Shak
    I told you so. Months ago i had started to suspect that the forum is not so friendly to us anymore. I wrote about it to XP many times. He resolved the problems i had, transfering my protests and my problems to the "men in black" who rule the forum. (i am afraid that they consider us and they like to treat us like we are alliens ! LOL) .
    I posted here about it 2 times. I bet that many friends here would had thought that i exaggerate things and i am into conspiracy theories...
    I am not... Forum has changed. Maybe new people are the majority now among the "decision makers". They do not care about us. They may want to kick us out. So thery start to cut abilities. I wonder what will come next.
    It is not XP's fault. XP fights for us but he can not do a lot of things.
    I think that we must protest to these "men in black".
    To write letters to XP kindly asking him to transfer them up, to the rulers of the forum.

In addition :
    We may start to think for alternatives. Neither of them is simple, nor so easy. But we must do something before to wake up one day and all this to have gone.
    A good idea is to exchange emails, or tweets or FB, anything that shows us in the social media.
    Try to be in touch with the writers you like at first. To know how to be in touch with them. So, if the worst will happen to can be in touch with each other.
    We must also examime alternatives like "literotica".
    Alas, the days of insouciance are close to an inevitable end...

Senior Hostboard Member ckskevin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This looks like a secret planning for a coup d'?tat. LOLX

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-CB View Post
    I told you so. Months ago i had started to suspect that the forum is not so friendly to us anymore. I wrote about it to XP many times. He resolved the problems i had, transfering my protests and my problems to the "men in black" who rule the forum. (i am afraid that they consider us and they like to treat us like we are alliens ! LOL) .
    I posted here about it 2 times. I bet that many friends here would had thought that i exaggerate things and i am into conspiracy theories...
    I am not... Forum has changed. Maybe new people are the majority now among the "decision makers". They do not care about us. They may want to kick us out. So thery start to cut abilities. I wonder what will come next.
    It is not XP's fault. XP fights for us but he can not do a lot of things.
    I think that we must protest to these "men in black".
    To write letters to XP kindly asking him to transfer them up, to the rulers of the forum.

In addition :
    We may start to think for alternatives. Neither of them is simple, nor so easy. But we must do something before to wake up one day and all this to have gone.
    A good idea is to exchange emails, or tweets or FB, anything that shows us in the social media.
    Try to be in touch with the writers you like at first. To know how to be in touch with them. So, if the worst will happen to can be in touch with each other.
    We must also examime alternatives like "literotica".
    Alas, the days of insouciance are close to an inevitable end...
    I write fetish fiction just as well as regular one, and it was the latter through which I came upon a story that somewhat describes how people feel here what's happening. It was so relatively unknown, that even the Washington Post has misrepresented things in the obituary. This happened on an Allied train (the movie about it is called Stop Train 349, but it's mostly fiction) shortly before Thanksgiving in '61 (and not in '59, and for the progression of the story it's kind of important who was in the White House) and a month after the Wall (actually exactly 2 years before he was assassinated). The train itself was American territory, but the engine pulling it through the Soviet zone was not. Since several constructions slowed down the train, a disillusioned fugitive managed to get on board, and that's where the standoff started. It was a breach of contract to help fugitives, but it was also a breach to obstruct transit travel beyond necessity. In the end, despite all tries, the new president agreed to give the guy up so their people can leave. So, in this scenario XP would be the liaison bound by difficult rules doing the best he can.

I see this thing differently, not more than a typical "you should read your Apple/Microsoft contract" situation. In this scenario, XP has the ability to use the facilities to which he pays for in a transparent fashion, however, the intellectual property and ability to change it lies with the "landlord" as it has always been. I too need the edit function for content changes, but I support XP from within the ramifications. I'm also against dispersing to several other sites, that is how works of great writers have vanished in the past along with websites.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

Just my two cents: I don't know why this is happening (I did not even realize the full extent of it until reading this thread), but it does not make a lot of sense. Not allowing people access to an editing function would seem to be a basic requirement for any board that publishes messages. But this must be affecting every forum, not just this one.

This being said, I find it incredible that the owners of hostboard would want this forum gone, as some have suggested here. As far as I can tell, this board easily gets the most traffic on hostboard. Would you really want to kill your best customer?

JB57
    JB57

MaskedSuperstar

There are plenty of other forums in the adult section that work fine. They all have the edit function an other basics in place. This is likely something accidentally done by XP. The owner of HB seems to be out to lunch on fixing problems though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast