Quote Originally Posted by DHH View Post
As both a moderator of this forum and someone who contributed to Hostboard, I admit that I'm a little frustrated with the speed at which things have been going. I know XP's been nagging the Hostboard admin to solve the problems but somehow it seems that things have stalled. XP was told recently that the programmer working on the issue is still working on it and has no idea why the publicly-viewed version of the forum doesn't have all threads present like the version the programmers see. It's very strange. I wish I knew how to program so I could help but alas I'm just an old fart who's juuust computer literate enough to come on here to read your amazing stories and posts... and occasionally delete things upon request... LOL
I've seen this before, the IT guys have privileges we mere mortals don't, so their version is like a sandbox that works perfectly, and thus are unable to draw conclusions. I don't wish to make sweeping general judgments, but I can say that in the previous case, the IT guys did not ask for screengrabs for confirmation that, yes indeed, the non-sandbox version is the way it is.