Thread: What can we do to help?

Senior Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Re: What can we do to help?

What can we do to help?
    Quote Originally Posted by sffan4e View Post
    You're welcome. I am just trying to think along what might work, without investing in dedicated services for it.

I don't mind the clouds, because it's content for forums, scripts and such. Personal stuff I keep seperate. But the content on those accounts are released anyhow. It's just a workplace and a secondary backup for me.

What you might consider, is to encrypt your sensitive files if it's on the computer you have personal or work stuff on. (Although I would not recommend to do this on a computer from work). This way other can't open them so easily.
    Access to mu 'puter itself is limited, so that's not a major concern, but thanks for the tip nonetheless.

Senior Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by catfightlover40 View Post
    I like my stories to be intact on a database instead of a space where I handle private and business affairs...

Access to mu 'puter itself is limited, so that's not a major concern, but thanks for the tip nonetheless.
    Then I misunderstood your first comment. I thought perhaps you shared your pc and don't want family members or colleagues come across the stories.

Anyhow, good that you have things under control.

Senior Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Then I misunderstood your first comment. I thought perhaps you shared your pc and don't want family members or colleagues come across the stories.

Anyhow, good that you have things under control.

You weren't entirely wrong, others could use it, but only through my access, hence why I'm certain in this type of storage. If it were work, I wouldn't even be here from those, in many cases the IT department was allowed to search browsing history, so nothing NSFW

Senior Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by catfightlover40 View Post
    You weren't entirely wrong, others could use it, but only through my access, hence why I'm certain in this type of storage. If it were work, I wouldn't even be here from those, in many cases the IT department was allowed to search browsing history, so nothing NSFW
    Exactly why I said that "I would not recommend to do this on a computer from work". Even in a small company without a IT department, collegues might stumble upon it, if it's a share computer or so.

Senior Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Members do not see advertisements
    What can we do to help?
    Exactly why I said that "I would not recommend to do this on a computer from work". Even in a small company without a IT department, collegues might stumble upon it, if it's a share computer or so.
    Though I appreciate the extra irony, that allegedly leaving a half cut ham sandwich in the fridge is office code for catfight.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234