Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Idea: Love Rivals

Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm just scrapping by on a technicality for this one, but here goes:

So the idea here is that you've got two girls who are 'rivals' on paper (I'm thinking maybe they're on rival school teams) and they're really trying to be rivals and really really want to be rivals even though they are clearly completely and utterly head-over-heels in love with each other. Like at this point they are basically inseparable, going on frequent dates, holding hands everywhere they go, living together, sharing a bed and making sweet, sweet love to each other every night. All while still trying (rather ineffectively) to convince their friends/teammates that this is TOTALLY all stuff that rivals do. Like the dates are totally reconnaissance of the enemy and making out in the training field is just... sparring, and the two of them cuddling on the couch watching a movie is... something. It's basically a mutual version of the 'Tsundere' trope in anime.

I'll freely admit, this is an idea where the whole 'rivalry' is completely played for laughs. This is basically meant to be funny and cute, rather than dramatic.

So.... Thoughts?

Junior Hostboard Member qwertyuiop666666's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Idea: Love Rivals

I can see a few ways to do this. One way would be to have them be on rival gangs/sides of a war or something to add to the tension and the thrill (of living and loving dangerously). I like the idea of their romance, there is a nice feeling of forbiddeness to their relationship (catwoman and batman, Jon Snow and Ygritte, Romeo and Julliet, the star-crossed lovers that could never be). Could be a great story if enough time is devoted to how they deal with their duties and their feelings towards each other.

Tbh though, I think this idea should be developed as something dramatic and possibly tragic (Romeo and Julliet style) to fully exploit its potential. Though it can also be a fairly comical scenario
    Last edited by qwertyuiop666666; December 4th, 2017 at 11:32 PM.

Senior Hostboard Member
    Idea: Love Rivals

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What about frenemy - both friend and enemy in one. I think that's the word.
    Take two busty hot women who love to tit/sex/fuck fight one another, when ever
    they can.

But

Have to act as enemies to save face - so to speak. Or maybe both women, really want
    to act like they hate one another. The hate part turns them on.

Like in the old movie - West Side Story. The women's boyfriends are enemies. So the two
    hot busty women - have to act as if their enemies just to survive, or again - save face.

What would be hot, would be if all of the hot girlfriends from both gangs, had their own
    gang fuck fight, or gang fuck fight orgy.

Thoughts.

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrock View Post
    Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm just scrapping by on a technicality for this one, but here goes:

So the idea here is that you've got two girls who are 'rivals' on paper (I'm thinking maybe they're on rival school teams) and they're really trying to be rivals and really really want to be rivals even though they are clearly completely and utterly head-over-heels in love with each other. Like at this point they are basically inseparable, going on frequent dates, holding hands everywhere they go, living together, sharing a bed and making sweet, sweet love to each other every night. All while still trying (rather ineffectively) to convince their friends/teammates that this is TOTALLY all stuff that rivals do. Like the dates are totally reconnaissance of the enemy and making out in the training field is just... sparring, and the two of them cuddling on the couch watching a movie is... something. It's basically a mutual version of the 'Tsundere' trope in anime.

I'll freely admit, this is an idea where the whole 'rivalry' is completely played for laughs. This is basically meant to be funny and cute, rather than dramatic.

So.... Thoughts?
    In my perspective, the true question is... Do you wish to make this a fantasy within a fantasy aka how we men think women act in our fantasies, or something more realistic? Due to sociocultural changes in learned behavior women obviously don't act like we do and thus expect them to act. The most obvious would be, that opposing views or actions are less connected to attraction, than they are in us guys. Attraction should be there first, accompanied by sportive rivalry, placed in a community or time where being different was less accepted, like a story about a recently integrated high school, where both girls were head cheerleaders at one point. Almost everybody would buy the idea that their rivalry is real, as social change takes time. It could be today as well, an Illinois small town got in the news 2 or 3 years ago because a pediatrician refused to treat the baby of a lesbian couple (though they were at fault too, they only looked for the best doctor, knowing she was a hardcore Christian), but that couple got only accepted because they're white.

As for a comedic way... if it's a goofball comedy, like Blazing Saddles where the sheriff kidnapped himself to get away from the lynching mob, such airheads buy any idea, but it doesn't have to be a tsundere in my opinion, or just one of them, even one is taxing on the mind.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop666666 View Post
    I can see a few ways to do this. One way would be to have them be on rival gangs/sides of a war or something to add to the tension and the thrill (of living and loving dangerously). I like the idea of their romance, there is a nice feeling of forbiddeness to their relationship (catwoman and batman, Jon Snow and Ygritte, Romeo and Julliet, the star-crossed lovers that could never be). Could be a great story if enough time is devoted to how they deal with their duties and their feelings towards each other.

Tbh though, I think this idea should be developed as something dramatic and possibly tragic (Romeo and Julliet style) to fully exploit its potential. Though it can also be a fairly comical scenario
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcole View Post
    What about frenemy - both friend and enemy in one. I think that's the word.
    Take two busty hot women who love to tit/sex/fuck fight one another, when ever
    they can.

But

Have to act as enemies to save face - so to speak. Or maybe both women, really want
    to act like they hate one another. The hate part turns them on.

Like in the old movie - West Side Story. The women's boyfriends are enemies. So the two
    hot busty women - have to act as if their enemies just to survive, or again - save face.

What would be hot, would be if all of the hot girlfriends from both gangs, had their own
    gang fuck fight, or gang fuck fight orgy.

Thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by catfightlover40 View Post
    In my perspective, the true question is... Do you wish to make this a fantasy within a fantasy aka how we men think women act in our fantasies, or something more realistic? Due to sociocultural changes in learned behavior women obviously don't act like we do and thus expect them to act. The most obvious would be, that opposing views or actions are less connected to attraction, than they are in us guys. Attraction should be there first, accompanied by sportive rivalry, placed in a community or time where being different was less accepted, like a story about a recently integrated high school, where both girls were head cheerleaders at one point. Almost everybody would buy the idea that their rivalry is real, as social change takes time. It could be today as well, an Illinois small town got in the news 2 or 3 years ago because a pediatrician refused to treat the baby of a lesbian couple (though they were at fault too, they only looked for the best doctor, knowing she was a hardcore Christian), but that couple got only accepted because they're white.

As for a comedic way... if it's a goofball comedy, like Blazing Saddles where the sheriff kidnapped himself to get away from the lynching mob, such airheads buy any idea, but it doesn't have to be a tsundere in my opinion, or just one of them, even one is taxing on the mind.
    To be honest, I feel like the whole point of this idea is to just take the 'super-intense/dramatic/sexually charged rivalries that are at the center of almost all sexfight stories, and just flip it on it's head and play it for laughs. Like these two girls really want to have this super-epic rivalry, but they're just too smitten with each other to conjure up any kind of hatred for each other, so they just sort of ineffectually try to act like rivals. And there really isn't a 'Romeo and Juliet' situation either. All their friends have no problem with them being together and are just bemused or annoyed with their antics. Again, it's all meant to be more funny and cute than dramatic.

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my experience, that wouldn't work with a tsundere as they're the type of boy or girl who is mean to the other, but secretly loves them (which is a fantasy itself, people are never mean to hide fondness, not even as kids, it's something parents conjure up to not have to confront the parents of the other kid). Like I mentioned, if it's like Blazing Saddles, it would work, and you should go for that. It can be dramatic, sitcom is based on vaudeville, comedies predating that have more dramatic elements (like with Moliere). As the old joke goes, you know it's a comedy from Shakespeare because nobody gets killed, and you know it's a tragedy because nobody stays alive.

Senior Hostboard Member Giannis-CB's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

All these thoughts are very interesting.
    We can theoretically speak about it for a LOOONG time.

But... i dare to ask...

WHO WILL WRITE THIS STORY ?

Are there any volunteers ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop666666 View Post
    ....have them be on rival gangs/sides of a war or something to add to the tension and the thrill (of living and loving dangerously).
    I thought this suggestion merited further discussion. The idea I had was the two meet, and fall in love, BEFORE either realizes the other is a member of a rival "outfit" (whatever you want that to mean). Perhaps one, or both, are in leadership/semi-leadership positions, so they can't just up and announce their love. Once they realize they're supposed to hate, rather than love, each other... they're torn between love and loyalty.

Their internal struggle with wanting to be together - while at the same time external forces are trying to pull them apart, makes an interesting dichotomy. One that seems worthy of a story, or two.

Naturally, one of them has a sister who can't stand the rival (faction) - perhaps over a murdered/killed lover? The other's best friend is much like her lover's sister, unable/unwilling to put aside animosity.

Just a couple of thoughts for someone/anyone who might want to go somewhere with this.....

MaskedSuperstar

an 'idea' that's been done a hundred times before

Junior Hostboard Member qwertyuiop666666's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny38 View Post
    I thought this suggestion merited further discussion. The idea I had was the two meet, and fall in love, BEFORE either realizes the other is a member of a rival "outfit" (whatever you want that to mean). Perhaps one, or both, are in leadership/semi-leadership positions, so they can't just up and announce their love. Once they realize they're supposed to hate, rather than love, each other... they're torn between love and loyalty.

Their internal struggle with wanting to be together - while at the same time external forces are trying to pull them apart, makes an interesting dichotomy. One that seems worthy of a story, or two.

Naturally, one of them has a sister who can't stand the rival (faction) - perhaps over a murdered/killed lover? The other's best friend is much like her lover's sister, unable/unwilling to put aside animosity.

Just a couple of thoughts for someone/anyone who might want to go somewhere with this.....
    I'm thinking more of one girl going on an undercover-infiltrate-move up the ladder-extract some intel/object-remove the leadership-get out sort of mission. Her rival/love interest would be a high level member in the targeted organization (possibly with a mission to keep an eye on the new member, whose loyalty the leadership correctly suspect). This set up would give plenty of room to develop that love-hate relationship. And yes, a sister/best friend with a personal grudge against the other side also helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast