Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catfight & Sexfight Anthology need you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Catfight & Sexfight Anthology need you!

Is 5000 words a hard limit?

Senior Hostboard Member Anubisx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberj View Post
    No.
    MY SEXFIGHT E-BOOKS: Anubisx's Amazon

MY DEVIANTART: Anubisx's DeviantART

MY LAST SEXFIGHT E-BOOK: Resort Showdown

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberj View Post
    In my experience, depending on creativity, productivity and available time, it's not hard. Actually by resorting to common/easy words and a default font, style and spacing, 5000 words are barely over 10 pages. If you have a core concept for what you wish to see on those pages and don't restrict yourself with centering/enslaving the story to the conflict itself, 10 pages are but a chapter, at least for my book it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Anubisx,

This reminds me, I'll send you the reworked version tomorrow, and I'll have a laser focus on avoiding such issues. In other "news" I have a few followup suggestion to the other idea I've mentioned but I'll relay that privately.

Senior Hostboard Member
    Catfight & Sexfight Anthology need you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Anubisx

Most of us are so busy this time of year writing a new story is difficult, even if its only 5000 words. My schedule is insane, so I don't see myself writing any time within the foreseeable future. How would you feel about the writers submitting one or some of their favorite chapters from a larger story already written, with only small changes to make it fit a small story format? The board is full of great writers with large stories and many of their chapters and scenes are so hot, it can stand alone even without the overall story supporting it.

Shak

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shak7 View Post
    Hey Anubisx

Most of us are so busy this time of year writing a new story is difficult, even if its only 5000 words. My schedule is insane, so I don't see myself writing any time within the foreseeable future. How would you feel about the writers submitting one or some of their favorite chapters from a larger story already written, with only small changes to make it fit a small story format? The board is full of great writers with large stories and many of their chapters and scenes are so hot, it can stand alone even without the overall story supporting it.

Shak
    I'm in kind of a quandary here, being both busy with creating fiction and doing other things, but also as a writer who created an original and unpublished piece for this very book. In other words I feel like everyone who's already contributed would be *****ed over.... slighted. However, there is a way to use your proposition and still create something new, writers like Stephen King have done it for decades, it's turning a former story into an updated one, or extending it, which does make it something new and unpublished. Also, I've read Anubis's proposal three times and it was very inclusive toward creators who hasn't been published anywhere, with the aim being introducing new creators or relatively unknown ones.

As for scenes being hot without an overall story to support them, the fatal duel between Beatrix and Elle was well received by women because it subverted the usual catfight tropes (like an innate need for skimpy clothing, being lesser than a macho fight or being afraid to pull punches).
    Last edited by catfightlover40; February 5th, 2018 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Typo

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Just my 2c - although I'm planning to include an unpublished work, I do have a lot of sympathy with Shak on this. Plus there's a precedent in that plenty of anthologies exist in all forms of literature that include previously published works.

Guess its Anubis's call, plus he will have a better idea of how many works are being submitted by a range of authors - both established and new. (And we'd like to see plenty of both!)

Ragnar0k

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k View Post
    Just my 2c - although I'm planning to include an unpublished work, I do have a lot of sympathy with Shak on this. Plus there's a precedent in that plenty of anthologies exist in all forms of literature that include previously published works.

Guess its Anubis's call, plus he will have a better idea of how many works are being submitted by a range of authors - both established and new. (And we'd like to see plenty of both!)

Ragnar0k
    I wasn't implying that anybody other than Anubisx calls the shots on this... my issue however is, that based on information given by him, an intended goal was to showcase new authors to, which is pretty hard, when it becomes relegated to established works that had found previous success. While as a fetish writer I'm new to this scene (as I only published for myself), I have been writing for 2 decades, and a major hindrance was that publishers and established authors have cornered the market to the point of deciding who gets to debut. I have to strongly emphasize, this is not saying that's what would happen here, rather that based on bad experiences I'm against the notion. Not against revised or extended previous work though. One good example from this fetish circle is Meto, who, when republishing his previous work on the DLSite, has extended his 2001 wrestling to a complete story.

Senior Hostboard Member Anubisx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Hi everybody!

My idea is that the anthology is as original as possible, so I prefer 100% original stories BUT I think Shak's idea is great if someone doesn't have time to write something new. This anthology is a collective effort, and everyone who contributes is welcome, especially someone as talented as Shak. Even the author can edit and/or extend some parts of the selected text, but this is -of course!- optional. As I say, I'll appreciate any contribution
    MY SEXFIGHT E-BOOKS: Anubisx's Amazon

MY DEVIANTART: Anubisx's DeviantART

MY LAST SEXFIGHT E-BOOK: Resort Showdown

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anubisx View Post
    Hi everybody!

My idea is that the anthology is as original as possible, so I prefer 100% original stories BUT I think Shak's idea is great if someone doesn't have time to write something new. This anthology is a collective effort, and everyone who contributes is welcome, especially someone as talented as Shak. Even the author can edit and/or extend some parts of the selected text, but this is -of course!- optional. As I say, I'll appreciate any contribution

Hey Anubisx

Thank you for the compliment. New stories should be the goal; and asking us fetish writers to stretch our horizons, create new fresh material, yet stay true to our unique sexual leanings is a great challenge. Normally I would embrace the opportunity, but I'm already seriously stretched. But there is a reason I mentioned sending a chapter of already written material, is because my own writing obsession has pushed me to grow as a writer. For example a few months ago, I completely changed Dezerai to be a novel and at this point I'm at 480 pages and counting and have added many parts that are not posted here at hostboard. If I contribute anything it would come from there, from the newer material. Making it all fit and work right is the challenge.
    Thanks for the feedback and yes the anthology is a great idea.
    One last thought. The anthology idea can go in many directions, I would encourage the various writers to explore as many new sexy story lines as possible. The possibilities could be unique and exciting.

Shak

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shak, I completely agree, it's close to what I meant too, and yes, if there'd be interest, I'd write a part 2 to the original story, but it's both something I wanted to write for more than 20 years (and only now could it not seem like an exploitation) and as an introduction to a character I intend to use in a short story series.

I get writing obsession, my own record, including relevant extensive research was a 100 page in one month. Extension and update, in my opinion is always good, f.e. King has updated The Stand when he expanded the story and in essence gave us a notorious baddy (and if IT can be this scary, I dare to imagine how a film version of The Stand would look) whose nigh indestructibility allows him to cross between King properties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast