Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Cautionary note!!!

If any of you are using or plan to use the site

missionary archives/loves lesbian tribbing...use caution.

The site has been re-designed and looks nice. I don't know if the re-design has anything to do with it, but the site is now loaded with those scam sites..."CAUTION! YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH A DEADLY VIRUS...etcetera, etcetera...Please call this number IMMEDIATELY or we will have to (get this) close down your computer in order to keep it from infecting our files"....yada yada yada.

IT'S A SCAM! But it's a pain in the ass scam because they actually FREEZE your computer. ASSHOLES!!!

So, unless you're more tech savvy than I am and know how to do a "force quit" then be careful.

It's kind of a shame because that used to be a safe site and one that I liked. Oh well...

A.P.

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Cautionary note!!!

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post

The site has been re-designed and looks nice. I don't know if the re-design has anything to do with it, but the site is now loaded with those scam sites..."CAUTION! YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH A DEADLY VIRUS...etcetera, etcetera...Please call this number IMMEDIATELY or we will have to (get this) close down your computer in order to keep it from infecting our files"....yada yada yada.

IT'S A SCAM! But it's a pain in the ass scam because they actually FREEZE your computer. ASSHOLES!!!

So, unless you're more tech savvy than I am and know how to do a "force quit" then be careful.

It's kind of a shame because that used to be a safe site and one that I liked. Oh well...

A.P.
    Ted noticed the same thing, albeit on his IPhone. I haven't registered it in a normal browser, then again I'm well defended in that regard. There are cases, where completely unknown hackers can insert script into the site without the owner's knowledge to spam, to scam or to mine coins to serve their own benefit. Beyond the paid software, I also use script blockers and Web of Trust to weed out additional sites not malicious in themselves but redirect to sites which are ones.

Fact of the matter is that the introduction of broadband and its relatively low price has introduced a slew of dangers that is the internet today.

Senior Hostboard Member 44automag's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Re: Cautionary note!!!

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post

A.P.
    RogueKiller will handle these, I've been hit before.