Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Question about Board and re-posting old stories

zoulou, first off, thanks for the idea and offer. I appreciate it when members think of ways to help.

Outside of catfightlover40's reasoning, I want to mention that this forum is quite old. I started it half my own lifetime ago! LOL It actually didn't begin on Hostboard. Throughout the years, it's been hosted on various sites, and even had its own standalone site for a couple years. But, as you say, things disappear. Nothing I've ever used has been permanent. Sometimes, places that host the forum disappear. Sometimes, they change their policies and kick the forum out.

Trust me when I say I've been exploring my options. The reason I'm still on Hostboard is because of my history with them - This is the place the forum has been hosted the longest. They accept us. I've gotten to know the owner, Steven, over the years. He's a legit nice guy. Oh, and of course, all the stories that are currently not accessible are actually still on his servers!

Admittedly, my hopes of those stories being made publicly accessible again are wavering. I feel the programmers hired to improve the board have inadvertently added code that hurt Hostboard as a whole, too, and they don't seem to know what to do to fix things. It's frustrating to me. So much good, hard work by our members over the years is just sitting there inches out of reach. GAAAH!

Anyway, I'll keep doing what I can on my end to bug the living heck out of the programmers working for Hostboard. If I can find an option that I feel will last a long, long, long time, I'll consider trying to move. Until then, I do apologize for the hassle.
    Check out the Titfighting and Sexfighting Forum at [url]http://www.hostboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=294[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

Dear XP,

Thanks for the note and the explanation. I was going to respond to Zoulou's post by making the point that I feel a strong loyalty to this board and you. This site is, to the best of my knowledge, the most consistent and reliable source of these kind of stories on the internet. While I am, as are many others, frustrated by the inability to find old stories on the board, I appreciate that whatever was done was unintentional and that people are trying to fix it. However, as you note, it seems less and less likely that such a fix will be found.

That being said, it is good to know that, between many of us, we have hundreds of great stories that still exist and can be shared either later on this board or on some other site.

Take care,

JB57
    JB57

Senior Hostboard Member
    Question about Board and re-posting old stories

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XP View Post
    zoulou, first off, thanks for the idea and offer. I appreciate it when members think of ways to help.

Outside of catfightlover40's reasoning, I want to mention that this forum is quite old. I started it half my own lifetime ago! LOL It actually didn't begin on Hostboard. Throughout the years, it's been hosted on various sites, and even had its own standalone site for a couple years. But, as you say, things disappear. Nothing I've ever used has been permanent. Sometimes, places that host the forum disappear. Sometimes, they change their policies and kick the forum out.

Trust me when I say I've been exploring my options. The reason I'm still on Hostboard is because of my history with them - This is the place the forum has been hosted the longest. They accept us. I've gotten to know the owner, Steven, over the years. He's a legit nice guy. Oh, and of course, all the stories that are currently not accessible are actually still on his servers!

Admittedly, my hopes of those stories being made publicly accessible again are wavering. I feel the programmers hired to improve the board have inadvertently added code that hurt Hostboard as a whole, too, and they don't seem to know what to do to fix things. It's frustrating to me. So much good, hard work by our members over the years is just sitting there inches out of reach. GAAAH!

Anyway, I'll keep doing what I can on my end to bug the living heck out of the programmers working for Hostboard. If I can find an option that I feel will last a long, long, long time, I'll consider trying to move. Until then, I do apologize for the hassle.

Hello XP
    I was afraid that the huge list would never get repaired. The idea of all of us growing old, transitioning and not having preserved these great stories for the next wave of writers is troubling. I appreciate the writers on this board, working for free, yet writing tremendous stories. I know my personal family has no use for the stories I wrote. In fact I'm confident they would be embarrassed, so an archive like this is good thing. Perhaps instead of depending on one source to archive everything for us we can manage our own stories and make them a part of a larger network. The cost would be manageable, but important to maintain the archive, yet we remain in control of our individual stories.....sort of like an independent contractor, if something goes wrong we maintain control of our stories. Since I'm a computer light weight, I have no idea whether this is a good idea or not, but these stories are a good thing and need preserving. Hopefully there are long-term solutions.

Shak

Hostboard Member AegonHentaryen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I read through your explanations and it makes sense that you are sentimentaly involved with this board, and it's a good thing.

If it's just a "warehouse" that you are looking for, maybe going for a google drive folder can be a good choice, stories don't weight much and you dont risk losing them as it's google's servers, and of course for free.

I don't really know the average age of people on the board, but it's true that i rarely (to avoid using never) see any story/art/etc done by the new generation.

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shak7 View Post
    Hello XP
    I was afraid that the huge list would never get repaired. The idea of all of us growing old, transitioning and not having preserved these great stories for the next wave of writers is troubling. I appreciate the writers on this board, working for free, yet writing tremendous stories. I know my personal family has no use for the stories I wrote. In fact I'm confident they would be embarrassed, so an archive like this is good thing. Perhaps instead of depending on one source to archive everything for us we can manage our own stories and make them a part of a larger network. The cost would be manageable, but important to maintain the archive, yet we remain in control of our individual stories.....sort of like an independent contractor, if something goes wrong we maintain control of our stories. Since I'm a computer light weight, I have no idea whether this is a good idea or not, but these stories are a good thing and need preserving. Hopefully there are long-term solutions.

Shak
    I move somewhere between the two, with me being in my 40s, but my mental age still being 30, and as such, still more inclined to easily adapt to new things. If I may, there's an up and coming rising star on FCF who goes by the nick TessaTheRed, she's way wiser beyond her years. So much in fact, that even though she mostly only writes long chapters (and I mean a TV episode length per chapter), she's mostly active on Facebook, where she treats that as if it were most natural (being open about attraction to catfights and sexfights). With authors like her, I do see a bright future. My biggest concern is, that with a lot of things mostly attractive to a young male demographic, the alt right has dug its claws into it, and they are unapologetic and open about treating women as second class. As if a story of sexualized confrontation can only feature bimbos. On a very personal level I want to keep writing and preserving stories, that not just only appeal to lesbian women, but can also be read by women without them being featured as mere objects. Not only can it be done, but it has been done.

I've just recently watched the 8th episode of the 2nd season of The Crown, and it was emotional roller coaster ride. At one point JFK, the womanizer he was, comes right out and says that his wife is involved in a catfight with her majesty. Not in the sense of physical blows, or by belittling their conflict for a short term sexual pleasure, rather by witnessing along with the audience a clash of personalities, driven by differing world views. When face to face, there was a level of mutual understanding, but also jealousy and bitter competition. This literal tug of war is a prime example on how despite having basic common goals (if not else, on a biological level) in which women can and do support each other, they still can hate each other's guts individually. We will never know, without their titles they had never met, but if they did, what they'd done as commoners. I liked that the narrative left plenty of room for the imagination how they'd do it.

I do solemnly believe that the level I want to compete with is what binge worthy shows are offering (since many people like and watch them), so offering a garden variety story for a new generation having a little downtime between something breaking the internet and something else important to them isn't enough anymore.
    The home of my multi-part work: [URL]https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople[/URL]

The place where I can be commissioned: [URL]https://www.fiverr.com/cflover40[/URL]

What I use to "feed my birds": [URL="http://"https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/"]https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/[/URL]

Finally, the one where I'll post my e-books: Lulu, once I post the complete first episode of my story

HB Forum Owner
    Question about Board and re-posting old stories

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anubisx View Post
    I would like all the authors to send me their stories by email. I don't know if the forum will be able to retrieve the older stories, but I'd like to collect them just in case, so I can create a new list in the future.
    Anubisx,

Question...Are you asking for ALL of our stories, or just the ones that cannot be retrieved on the HUGE LIST?

Thanks,

A.Penman

Senior Hostboard Member Anubisx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post
    Anubisx,

Question...Are you asking for ALL of our stories, or just the ones that cannot be retrieved on the HUGE LIST?

Thanks,

A.Penman
    All stories
    MY SEXFIGHT E-BOOKS: Anubisx's Amazon

MY DEVIANTART: Anubisx's DeviantART

MY LAST SEXFIGHT E-BOOK: Resort Showdown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12