Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Prefer: Hero or Villain?

Senior Hostboard Member Rivals_Rapture's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Question Who Do You Prefer: Hero or Villain?

Recently I?ve received a lot of feedback across my various contact points about people either being super into Katie winning in my recent story Parent-Teacher Confluence, or conversely, wishing Riya, the hero of the tale, would have one.

Now Katie was a bigot, so it?s probably a little more difficult to cheer her on. But as this is a question I?ve had debated on almost all of my stories, I was wondering what the rest of you feel in general.

Do you prefer stories where the hero wins? Or where the villain does?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who Do You Prefer: Hero or Villain?

I like having the Villian win every now and then, after all its a good twist ending as we normally expect the "good" girl to triumph.

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I prefer lifelike, nuanced people... which is why you will hate me for saying this, it's exactly for that reason I wouldn't write South Asian stories, they're mostly about utterly humiliating someone. That said it's not like I want to relate to a bigot of any kind.

Yet all of that is within our new (but actually very old) reality where some work extra hard presenting bigots as not just the villains who think are the heroes of their own stories, but as heroes, we should all worship. The answer to that is simple if the character isn't just rude but wants to curtail your rights...not a hero. I prefer them winning when the hero's failure serves character development.
    The home of my multi-part work: [URL]https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople[/URL]

The place where I can be commissioned: [URL]https://www.fiverr.com/cflover40[/URL]

What I use to "feed my birds": [URL="http://"https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/"]https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/[/URL]

Finally, the one where I'll post my e-books: Lulu, once I post the complete first episode of my story

Hostboard Member AegonHentaryen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

90% percent of the time I would go with the vilain.
    Unlike the previous answer, I think that an erotic story serves a different purpose.
    I think that most of the time the preference is totally based on the character on a sexual matter. And most of the time vilain give a more badass image. Not saying that the heroes aren't, but in such stories, they most of the time feel childish in that sense of justice.

HB Forum Owner
    Who Do You Prefer: Hero or Villain?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

And here we have the contrast between readers and their preferences. But the original question begs for these differences to surface.

My take will likely not be unique, but here it is:

I think it's all story driven. Perhaps Rivals Rapture had it in mind for the heroine to seek and get her revenge at some point. And I must say, not being a fan of bigots, I'd love to read that story! Or perhaps she just decided to give one to the villain. If this particular heroine did get a rematch, I'd be ringside (in a manner of speaking) for that one!

But usually, I'm a good triumphs over evil guy, with a whole lot of body contact in the mix.

A.P.

Senior Hostboard Member Rivals_Rapture's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Talking Re: Who Do You Prefer: Hero or Villain?

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post
    And here we have the contrast between readers and their preferences. But the original question begs for these differences to surface.

My take will likely not be unique, but here it is:

I think it's all story driven. Perhaps Rivals Rapture had it in mind for the heroine to seek and get her revenge at some point. And I must say, not being a fan of bigots, I'd love to read that story! Or perhaps she just decided to give one to the villain. If this particular heroine did get a rematch, I'd be ringside (in a manner of speaking) for that one!

But usually, I'm a good triumph over evil guy, with a whole lot of body contact in the mix.

A.P.
    There were a couple of things that led me to have Katie win. Those being as follows:

1. I had received criticism, as I think I've mentioned, that the good girl in my stories always seems to win. Since receiving that criticism, I have been trying, as hard as I can, to make sure I don't just default to good girls win. Which, if there isn't a default, then it is a choice.

2. In Who Is This?, my last story, I got very positive feedback about Claire winning. That being for a couple of reasons. First, it was unexpected. Second, the reader felt sympathy for Lauren and sadness not only that she had lost, but that the girl, who was the mistress -- the homewrecker, got what she wanted.

3. In this story, I felt like I could get more honest, emotional reaction from the reader by having the good girl (without question) lose. My intention being, that the reader would almost feel as if they were being facesat and humiliated. Because they girl they wanted and expected to win, lost. Had Riya won, I felt like the reader would just check out, as the ending they had expected the entire time, had come about.

As for a sequel, I think I actually like Katie and Riya as characters enough to write for and about them again. And this time, especially after that ending, I think it would be far more sexual in nature than their first encounter.

That being said, my initial thought was to break them apart, and give them both sequels, just not against each other. In fact, after publishing the story, I had several people ask me to put Katie in stories where she faces girls of other ethnicities like Pakistani, Latina, or African American. My read on those requests is that the person either wanted a bigot to be the victorious character in battles against those races, or wanted her to lose to them, and show that the ethnicity of the girl in the tale is just better than Riya's. Given how dark and sensitive those paths would be, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable telling those stories.
    Last edited by Rivals_Rapture; September 4th, 2018 at 04:40 PM.

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zoulou View Post
    90% percent of the time I would go with the vilain.
    Unlike the previous answer, I think that an erotic story serves a different purpose.
    I think that most of the time the preference is totally based on the character on a sexual matter. And most of the time vilain give a more badass image. Not saying that the heroes aren't, but in such stories, they most of the time feel childish in that sense of justice.

I feel I need to clarify a bit. My issue isn't with an erotic story serving an erotic purpose, of which humiliation is a part of. My issue is constantly being asked for stories where a character based on a real person is to be written as constantly humiliated, and that's about power, not eroticism. If there's a sliver of a chance that a person I'd write for actually lives with the other I'm supposed to portray and other forms of abuse is already present, I wish not being a part of it. There are certain cultures which treats groups of humans as objects, which is different from the occasional humiliation phantasy.

As always, I respect the difference in opinion.
    The home of my multi-part work: [URL]https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople[/URL]

The place where I can be commissioned: [URL]https://www.fiverr.com/cflover40[/URL]

What I use to "feed my birds": [URL="http://"https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/"]https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/[/URL]

Finally, the one where I'll post my e-books: Lulu, once I post the complete first episode of my story

Senior Hostboard Member
    Who Do You Prefer: Hero or Villain?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I can appreciate many of the points that have been made already, and my own take on this is that, irrespective of the consideration of whether I prefer hero or villain, the fiction I write needs to contain sufficient drama to reward the reader as well as stimulate me, the writer, sufficiently to devote substantial hours and days of my time to creating the finished piece.

I do get the point that many will root for either heroes or villains in an erotic story, however I generally aim to write more nuanced characters, so that the demarcation is not always as clear as this. In the feedback to my original BSQ series I found it interesting that the vast majority rooted for Helen over her rival Mhairi, who seemed to acquire villain status even though that was not necessarily my original intent. I guess the way I wrote the tale loaded it that way, and its true to say that Helen was - and remains - my favourite, even though she was not fated to win all of her matches. To my mind, predictability is the enemy of dramatic effect, and I will always focus on plot and story rather than going for an outcome based on the idea that either a hero or villain will win.

Just my 2c.

Rags

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I would argue that, in a sexfight saga, every female may consider themselves the hero of their own journey, even if they happen to be the villain in the narrative. There are also stories where no hero exists at all, or a hero has been morally dubious at times, which is quite interesting for readers to discover who is more "deserving" to win. Many of the best stories I've read on this forum have been from Rivals_Rapture, Ragnar0k, Morton, JB57 and a few others, but I don't really have an opinion in one direction or the other.

What I do prefer, however, is writing with good breakdowns of character history, attention to dialogue and detailed interactions that draw you into their shared world, without disturbing their physical and intimate, sexual conflicts.
    Last edited by indris; September 5th, 2018 at 12:31 AM.

Senior Hostboard Member Anubisx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Hey guys! I'm glad to see we can now post normally on the forum.

I've always preferred stories where there isn't a good girl and a bad girl; I like more the journey of two good girls turning bad as they "woke up" in the sexfight world.

Even so, if a story features a heroine and a villain, I always encourage the good girl
    MY SEXFIGHT E-BOOKS: Anubisx's Amazon

MY DEVIANTART: Anubisx's DeviantART

MY LAST SEXFIGHT E-BOOK: Resort Showdown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast