A Sequel or a Longer Rewrite of Backseat Battle?

Thread: A Sequel or a Longer Rewrite of Backseat Battle?

Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Question A Sequel or a Longer Rewrite of Backseat Battle?

So for a while now, I've been getting feedback that people loved my story Backseat Battle, but that it was way too short. Not only that but that they still want more of Brenda and Samantha's tale.

When the story was written, it was just a blog post attached to an image, as I had just begun my writing journey. But now, the length of my average story has changed -- for the better or worse.

The question is then... Should I rewrite it and make it a full-length tale, or instead make a sequel to it that is full-length?

Any thoughts?

The link to the story is: here .

https://www.RivalsRapture.com - My Collected Works

Instagram: @Rivals_Rapture & @When.Rivals.Tangle

Trillian: Rivals_Rapture

Email: [email protected]

Senior Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Re: A Sequel or a Longer Rewrite of Backseat Battle?

Well, if it were my story I'd do both. You're a very talented and descriptive writer so your stories usually beget a hotly anticipated sequel. Also, a deserved one, as you know, a stricter regiment helps you focus on a story more

Where I'd expand the original story is on two fronts: homeowner associations usually have ready cultural scripts for how to behave, so it'd contain if the husband and wife are recent arrivals, or she knows her rival's mother too, which in many suburbs would make sense. Yet the other thing is more important, and this is the part where others throw rotten tomatoes, me being anal on a tad more realism: it's a sexual fantasy, but tbh most Americans are tolerant of non-heterosexuals, not accepting, so the sudden let's get at each other sexually caught me by surprise. Don't change any of that, but I'd love to suspend my disbelief if it's established they have such inclanations.
    The home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

The place where I can be commissioned: https://www.fiverr.com/cflover40

The lair of my reference work: http://cflover40.simplesite.com/

What I use to "feed my birds": https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/

Finally, the one where I'll post my e-books: Lulu, once I post the complete first episode of my story

Junior Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Hi,
    Slightly off topic but can you tell me where the pic titled Sexfight on your home page is from please ?
    Thanks
    Plan_B

HB Forum Owner
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Dear Rival,

Since you're asking, I agree with Catfight that you could do both - expand on the original story while planning to continue it in a sequel. The story itself is very well done. I like that you have the women sexfight but they both keep their panties on. That is erotic, but it also leaves somewhere to go in the next fight. Also, some more description of what the two women look like and what they are wearing (especially for Samantha) would help set the stage. As it is, there is a great deal of room for character and story development in what you have.

I hope you'll let us know what you decide to do.

Also, I would also like a copy of the pictures that you use on your website. I tried downloading them, but was not able to do so. Could you post them on the board, the way you did the pictures for Erin/Mary? Thanks!

PS - I was able to download the image above from this page.

Take care,

JB57
    JB57

Senior Hostboard Member

Credits
    Follows
    Following

Rivals Rapture,

Whichever way you take this, I'm sure it will be great.

But my personal preference would be for a Chapter 2, albeit not necessarily directly related to the husband. By that I mean I'd like to see such increasing heat between the two women that they can't stay apart/can't keep their body parts from coming together again...perhaps a woman to woman as the husband watches?

Just my thoughts. Again, whichever direction you take this, I have no doubt that it will be highly erotic.

Regards,
    A.P.

Senior Hostboard Member
    Credits
    Follows
    Following

Members do not see advertisements
    Series of sequels, all of the shorter variety like the original.