Thread: One Style to Another = Betrayed/Disappointed?

Senior Hostboard Member Rivals_Rapture's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Question One Style to Another = Betrayed/Disappointed?

Let's say that you're reading a story that is one type of fight (IE catfight, sexfight, titfight), and then somewhere in the tale it organically switches to another style, how does it make you feel? Betrayed? Annoyed? Indifferent? Excited?

For this, I am asking that you assume the transition is well done and feels natural.

Keep in mind, I might use your responses not only to guide my future stories but also on my blog, so if you'd like to remain anonymous or not be quoted at all, just let me know!
    Last edited by Rivals_Rapture; February 28th, 2019 at 05:15 PM.

WriteThisWay

Re: One Style to Another = Betrayed/Disappointed?

If it's the original author and they're able to make it seem natural, then it's fine.

The problem is when people rewrite/continue something that isn't there's and completely change the tone/tenor of the story because they can't write anything other than their own style and preferences.

Senior Hostboard Member Anubisx's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Depends. If the story flows and moves from one genre to another "logically", everything will be fine. Obviously, depending on one's taste, this can be more or less liked. For example, if someone prefers stories without sex and the protagonists end up having a sexfight, that person will find the story less interesting, but still, if all is well written, no one should feel betrayed. However, I believe that the story must always be giving clues to where it is going, so that the internal credibility of the story is sustained, and so that the reader is not negatively surprised.
    MY SEXFIGHT E-BOOKS: Anubisx's Amazon

MY DEVIANTART: Anubisx's DeviantART

MY LAST SEXFIGHT E-BOOK: Resort Showdown

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Honestly,
    I like when things escalate between all types.. maybe it was a little titfight that neither was winning and their emotions got to them and they started catfighting. Mixing between them all within reason is nice!
    If you watch violent love by California Wildcats, they start with a titfight, that gets too rough before having a small catfight/hairpull fight before remembering they were supposed to be sexfighting as one says ?it doesn?t work that way.. it?s a sexfight remember?!?? Before slamming her pussy into the others.

Senior Hostboard Member Gradius's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

It CAN work...if the writer does it well. I think a good example, in my OPINION, would be the story Homewrecker by Catharsis. It flowed well from a catfight to a titfight back to a catfight then finally a sexfight. The main problem, speaking as mainly a titfight fan, is that a lot of the time it feels like the titfight portion is just something to lead to the inevitable sexfight.

Like the writer isn't really putting much effort into it since it's not going to last beyond more than a paragraph or two. At least that's my opinion.