Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

I have written three sexfight-lesbian novels

each one around 15000 words. will i be able to sell them if i put them up on amazon? there is still some work left on them. what do you guys think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Re: I have written three sexfight-lesbian novels

Quote Originally Posted by kamafight View Post
    each one around 15000 words. will i be able to sell them if i put them up on amazon? there is still some work left on them. what do you guys think?
    I say, do it man. Chase your dreams. Let the world enjoy your stories (and earn a couple of bucks on the way)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Be sure I will buy your stories. You are one of my favourite writer

Senior Hostboard Member catfightlover40's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can only strongly implore you to heed the advice of professionals I've read, namely that any body of work over 10 thousand words requires a second set of eyes besides your own and editing tools. Amazon isn't like FCF, I have read reviews, where the customer was very open about it, that he reads better stories for free, and I assume that's not a start you'd want for yourself.
    The home of my multi-part work: [URL]https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople[/URL]

The place where I can be commissioned: [URL]https://www.fiverr.com/cflover40[/URL]

What I use to "feed my birds": [URL="http://"https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/"]https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/[/URL]

Finally, the one where I'll post my e-books: Lulu, once I post the complete first episode of my story

Senior Hostboard Member kamafight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catfightlover40 View Post
    I can only strongly implore you to heed the advice of professionals I've read, namely that any body of work over 10 thousand words requires a second set of eyes besides your own and editing tools. Amazon isn't like FCF, I have read reviews, where the customer was very open about it, that he reads better stories for free, and I assume that's not a start you'd want for yourself.
    thanks for the advice. i'm sure there are many errors in my text. but do you thing it can be done? that i could actually make money off my writing? would amazon actually put up my kindle book for people to buy?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the advice. I'm sure there are many errors in my text. But do you think it can be done? That I could actually make money off my writing? Would amazon actually put up my kindle book for people to buy?
    I can more easily answer the latter question, yes they would, provided, it's in compliance with their TOS. That is why Julia Vargas sells her books there successfully.

As for the first question, as it covers two issues, I'll supply two answers. I've yet to write a fetish story (and I will, it'll be about 30 thousand words as it is a multifight saga) that's over 10 thousand words, but even so, I use beside the normal spellchecker an extension called LanguageTool and another one called Grammarly. This is because they warn me not just for typos but also for instances where I would use something from spoken language that's not correct grammatically, like even farther from perfect or starting a third consecutive sentence with the same word. Sometimes it warns me if a construct I want to use is too wordy (aka pretentious) but in that instance I left it in as the character was pretentious.

Having done that I still ask trusted friends to comb it through. This is because at the end of the day professional software that offer synonyms, readability, character generator, name, plot generator (yes dear reader, we use shorthand wherever we can) costs a lot of money, and what's freely available is still a machine that can only follow rules programmed into them. For example, you write about a character wondering in the desert having a cup, and in full desperation they find an oasis and start to drink. Because you're human (and this does happen to me) you think you have written "I think I still have my cup and can drink water" but in reality you've only written "I think I still can drink water". Take note I'm not saying this so that you frantically go back and second guess yourself whether you made such a mistake. This is about the machine not being human and not spotting the wider connection between two sentences we humans find natural. It's Chekhov's gun you brought in the cup therefore you must use it. What an algorithm can't spot, that's what your friends are for. In the actual world of contracted writers, this is the assigned editor's job, though they only give pointers, the hired beta readers are the ones whose job it is to point such stuff out, and of course we don't have them.

Which is a Segway to the second part of the answer. I must tell you in advance, as a bare bone option it's advisable to diversify where you publish as Amazon asks a high price for a global audience. Depending on what type of personality you have, the wider social media presence it has, the better. It's worth looking into Twitter promotions as well, and as always, read expert opinion as costumer testimonies since the advent of Tupperware are marketing tools themselves. I don't want either to overpromise or to say something that isn't true. Since self publishing exploded with social media, it's an over saturated market, even in fight fetish. You can establish a readership, but relying on them solely can be a question of years, just like how luffy316 got a mainstreamish gig recently and he's been doing this for a while
    The home of my multi-part work: [URL]https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople[/URL]

The place where I can be commissioned: [URL]https://www.fiverr.com/cflover40[/URL]

What I use to "feed my birds": [URL="http://"https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/"]https://twitter.com/powelltothepeo1/[/URL]

Finally, the one where I'll post my e-books: Lulu, once I post the complete first episode of my story

HB Forum Owner
    I have written three sexfight-lesbian novels

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catfightlover40 View Post
    I can more easily answer the latter question, yes they would, provided, it's in compliance with their TOS. That is why Julia Vargas sells her books there successfully.

As for the first question, as it covers two issues, I'll supply two answers. I've yet to write a fetish story (and I will, it'll be about 30 thousand words as it is a multifight saga) that's over 10 thousand words, but even so, I use beside the normal spellchecker an extension called LanguageTool and another one called Grammarly. This is because they warn me not just for typos but also for instances where I would use something from spoken language that's not correct grammatically, like even farther from perfect or starting a third consecutive sentence with the same word. Sometimes it warns me if a construct I want to use is too wordy (aka pretentious) but in that instance I left it in as the character was pretentious.

Having done that I still ask trusted friends to comb it through. This is because at the end of the day professional software that offer synonyms, readability, character generator, name, plot generator (yes dear reader, we use shorthand wherever we can) costs a lot of money, and what's freely available is still a machine that can only follow rules programmed into them. For example, you write about a character wondering in the desert having a cup, and in full desperation they find an oasis and start to drink. Because you're human (and this does happen to me) you think you have written "I think I still have my cup and can drink water" but in reality you've only written "I think I still can drink water". Take note I'm not saying this so that you frantically go back and second guess yourself whether you made such a mistake. This is about the machine not being human and not spotting the wider connection between two sentences we humans find natural. It's Chekhov's gun you brought in the cup therefore you must use it. What an algorithm can't spot, that's what your friends are for. In the actual world of contracted writers, this is the assigned editor's job, though they only give pointers, the hired beta readers are the ones whose job it is to point such stuff out, and of course we don't have them.

Which is a Segway to the second part of the answer. I must tell you in advance, as a bare bone option it's advisable to diversify where you publish as Amazon asks a high price for a global audience. Depending on what type of personality you have, the wider social media presence it has, the better. It's worth looking into Twitter promotions as well, and as always, read expert opinion as costumer testimonies since the advent of Tupperware are marketing tools themselves. I don't want either to overpromise or to say something that isn't true. Since self publishing exploded with social media, it's an over saturated market, even in fight fetish. You can establish a readership, but relying on them solely can be a question of years, just like how luffy316 got a mainstreamish gig recently and he's been doing this for a while
    CFL40,
    Just as an example, if the price of a book/story purchase on Amazon is, say $10. how much of that does the writer get? Or what is Amazon's cut?
    A.P.

Senior Hostboard Member kamafight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

what other platforms are available for these kind of stories apart from amazon?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That I can answer easily, A. Penman as I'm on Lulu primarily, thanks to wonderful advice of Ragnar0k and Anubisx Say there's a 9 dollar e-book, and let's assume it's 200 pages long as a book would be, a little over 5 dollars go to Amazon for distribution and deducting Lulu's share brings it to the author making a bit less, than 3.50.

The biggest catch here is that ours is a gig economy which is a fancy word for the secondary or more commonly known as leisure economy where the perception of buyers decide the worth of a product, not its actual quality. If you feel this is strangely similar to Bitcoin, it's by no accident. The reason why regulations don't just exist but are necessary is because the colonial Dutch economy in the 17th century literally ran into the ground by people hedging bets on what colors tulips will become and such trades had to be outlawed.

So logically simple text based books (like mine are) should and/or must be cheaply available simply because the risk must be taken that being noticed requires effort and the more expensive ones should be works that are illustrated. The emphasis here is logically, because much like the tulip stock market, providers care only for revenue. The reason I offered kamafight to proofread and edit his works with trusted advisors is because self publishing promotes the risky idea, that the mere ability equals efficiency. Because books that are available in e-book form for purchase, Google Books lists and samples quite a few of them and to my horror I've seen a book once sold for 10 bucks (actual paperback this time), where the story was badly edited, even less researched (to mean he just wrote what came to his head) and badly paced.

It's understandable that the goal is to recoup the invested time and effort, but the way I see it for a first time author is to go for volume.

Senior Hostboard Member calla242's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

do it. i switched to amazon eBooks long time ago. it's pretty sad because the writers there (Julia Vargas, Megan Larsson...) are not half a good as our writers here, but i need to bypass the long time breaks between new stories here. i think amazon/kindle ebook is the future. often i find some tribbing pearls at amazon. it's a bit like treasure hunting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast