Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Cunts in Winter - Part 2

Matty: I did finally ask her out to the movies. The first film we ever watched together was The Exorcist. It came out a day after Christmas in 1973. I had spent the previous night drinking and had a terrible hangover the next morning.

Stella: I also spent Christmas night getting drunk on whiskey. It was cold and the whole of Bismarck felt like it was a freezer and the I was like a headless turkey inside it. It was the kind of climate that would make the most ardent teetotaler carry out a raid on the wine shop. In the morning, we were quite nasty towards each other, not talking, just beaming out bitter alcoholic faces at each other. Two grumpy hungover forty-five-year-old women. That?s what we were. I didn?t have any friends. I don?t think Matty did either. By the time we entered the movie hall, I felt a little tender towards Matty.

Matty: The Exorcist was one hell of a scary film. It was damn unsettling and I don?t know whether by accident or design, I grabbed Stella?s hand in mine, and we clasped our hands together tightly.

Stella: I was quite flattered when Matty clasped her hand with mine. I held on to her hand tightly, enjoying the human touch. A few minutes later I took a risk and entwined my fingers in hers. Entwining fingers together is more intimate than clasping hands together. Matty acquiesced reluctantly. We sat together like that for the rest of the movie, occasionally she would glance at me and me at her. When the movie got over and the lights came on, we hastily disentangled our hands from each other.

Matty: I could not pay attention to one of the greatest horror movies of all time. Though I enjoyed the intimacy between us, I was a bit annoyed when the movie got over and we came out of the hall. I could tell that Stella longed for me to invite her out on a date. Maybe it was all the alcohol the previous evening and the harshness of this winter, there was a streak of cruelty in me that day and I whispered a terse goodbye and drove away. I saw her in my rearview mirror, a sad and lonely figure. I felt bad about the way I left her there, so I went home and got drunk again.

Stella: I hit the bottle hard that evening, angry at Matty?s heartless spurn. I blacked out and the next day I could hardly stand up on my feet. I felt like my hands and legs would fall off. When I arrived at the cubicle, I did not even acknowledge Matty.

Matty: We were like two boxers fighting an endless bout. I wanted to be intimate with Stella but all the shit that had happened in my life ? all the booze, the bitterness the unfulfilled promise, they wouldn?t let me embrace her.

Stella: When I saw her that morning, all beaten and hungover, I once again felt a tenderness towards her. I could see right through her. Understand what she was going through. I felt like she was my doppelganger both in heart and soul. I reminded her of herself. That is why she didn?t want to be intimate with me. A little later, she brought me a coffee and we got talking again. She told me that I could decide what the next column would be about. Despite my hangover, I told her that I had this idea about writing a column about great films that never got made.

Matty: I wanted to make it up to her. I could see that she was as hungover as I was, her eyes all pinched and narrow, speech slurred and an oily sheen across her usually clear face. If the alcoholics aren?t nice to each other, the world had no chance.

Stella: Despite the truce, I kept a distance from her in the days leading up to the New year holiday. I did not want a repeat of my Christmas spurn at Matty?s hands. A day before the holiday, I left work without saying goodbye to her. I went home, stayed in bed throughout the New Year holiday and got drunk. She had spurned me once. I had my revenge.

Matty: I was secretly hoping that she would invite me out on a date for the New Year. But nothing happened. Like her, I hardly got out of bed and just played Springsteen tapes and hit the bottle. I thought about looking her up in the telephone directory and then realized she wouldn?t be listed because she was new in town. I wished she would turn up at my doorstep, but she did not. I did not even turn on the lights, I entered the new year with frost all over my heart, that was thicker than the frost over the Missouri.

Stella: In the new year of 1974, we settled down to work again, putting the alcohol induced maneuverings and mutual spurning were behind us. We had the column titled ?The Best Films That Never Got Made? finished a couple of days into the new year. It had gone relatively smooth. There were minor disagreements. We commenced work on our next article ? ?The Best Young Filmmakers of America?. We were both excited to be working on it. It was an interesting time with guys like Scorsese, Coppola and De Palma taking American cinema by storm. We also began to take interest in each other physically.

Matty: Stella had a distinct odor. I could tell that she never wore perfume. As the days went by, I appreciated her odor more and more. I liked the smell that her body emanated. When we would sit side by side discussing a movie, I would often catch myself eagerly inhaling her glorious body odor. I found myself wanting to be near her just to smell her. I would lean close to her, my face next to her armpits, just to savor her smell.

Stella: It is true that I never wore perfume. I caught on to the fact that Matty liked my body odor. It was just the way she came sniffing around, asking innocuous questions. The way she looked at me while we talked. I know people at my earlier workplace had often complained about my body odor. But not Matty. She liked it. But Matty wore a pretty strong perfume which I could not appreciate. I did something naughty, that in hindsight might have brought us closer. I told her to not wear perfume anymore. I confronted her about how she had no qualms in enjoying my natural body odor. So, it was only fair that I be allowed to smell her natural body odor.

Matty: It was a strange request. I was a bit surprised and annoyed by Stella?s boldness. But nonetheless I complied. I stopped wearing perfume to work. Stella told me that she liked my body odor and I also admitted that I liked her body odor. The cubicle was filled with our intermingling body odors.

Stella: Matty smelled heavenly. Her perfume had been a turn off for me. But her natural body odor was another attraction that once again made me long for her. I wanted her to be my friend. I wanted us to be closer.

Matty: I agree that it drew us closer together. There was an undercurrent of sex in our enjoyment of each other?s body odors. Intimacy was a wonderful thing to discover at forty-five.

Stella: But I couldn?t help but feel that Matty still held a grudge towards me. I often found her to be cold and distant. On some days, I smelled vodka on her. She was really hitting the bottle even in the new year. No new year resolutions there. As a heavy drinker myself, this made me long for her company and acknowledgement even more. I wished she would invite me out on a date. But nothing like that happened.

Matty: I was getting hammered every evening. I had a room full of empty bottles that would raise eyebrows about my sanity if somebody found them. I could sense that Stella really had the hots for me. There we were, two forty-five-year-old women, circling each other in that tiny cubicle, smelling each other?s sweat.

Stella: I finally had an idea to break the stalemate between us. I am an avid reader and a few years ago, I stumbled upon a book about employee conflict resolution by this maverick author called Christine Burr. Burr had recommended that female employees who were in conflict should be forced to lock their feet together and play footsie. I thought it was an exciting idea.

Matty: The idea was absurd. At least that?s what I thought when Stella suggested it. I said no. I wanted to say yes. But I was enjoying all the attention Stella was giving me. Then she blackmailed me saying that if we did not play this conflict resolution footsie exercise, she would complain to Joey that I was being difficult. I was left with no choice. Our column was doing wonderfully well. The letters were pouring in. I did not want to upset the applecart. So, I said yes.

Stella: Matty and I sat on opposite sides of a desk, facing each other. There was enough space to flex our legs under the table. That day after lunch, when the office wasn?t that busy, I took my shoes off under the table and me and Matty touched feet. A bolt of electricity shot through me at the touching of our naked flesh. I placed a foot above hers and she placed a foot above mine. We let them rest like that for a few moments. Her feet were very smooth for a forty-five-year-old woman. I ran my leg palm up and down her foot while she firmly pressed her foot onto mine. I then slid my foot over the arch that led to her lower limbs, slowly pleasuring her leg up to her knees. Matty kept her foot pressed over mine, not venturing to other parts of my leg.

Matty: I breathed unsteadily as Stella ran her toes under my thighs and towards my inner thighs. I let out a helpless laugh as her toes caressed the soft flesh of my thighs. I looked through the cubicle glass into the office. Nobody was paying any notice to us. I looked over at Stella and the expression on her face was urging me to be bolder. I slowly moved my toes over Stella?s feet, enjoying the feel of her smooth skin and climbed up her lower limb and rested my foot on her knee. She massaged my foot with her hands. We laughed across the table at each other.

Stella: I couldn?t control myself any longer. I took my chair, placed it next to Matty and sat down beside her. I asked her a random stupid question about the next article we were working on and while doing so, snaked my leg in between hers. Matty responded by opening her legs and we tightly entwined our thighs and limbs. The soft flesh of our thighs and the taut muscles of our lower limbs were tightly locked together. Our feet were placed one on top of the other so that we couldn?t tell our feet apart.

Matty: Our bare legs were tied together like creepers. My head was spun. My heart beat fast. Then Stella kissed me on my lips. We exchanged kisses on our lips and then we opened out mouths to each other. Our mouths enclosed one another, forming a hollow for our tongues to meet and lick.

Stella: I kissed her passionately and Matty responded with equal vigor. It was an intense competitive kiss. My tongue would dominate hers for a few seconds and then her tongue would fight back. Our mouths were glued to each other as our tongues fought fervently.

Matty: I was feverish with sexual arousal. I buried my fingers in Stella?s hair and grabbed some of it in my hands. Stella looked both shocked and pleased at my aggression and then she grabbed some of my hair and we kissed even more passionately.

Stella: My body was aflame with a violent sexual frenzy. Our kissing had taken a violent turn. I didn?t know if we were kissing or fighting. I was enjoying the hell out of it. We exchanged spittle and our faces were covered with the fluid from each other?s mouths. We kept spraying spittle at each other to make it a really wet kiss. That is how crazy we were about each other.

Matty: A month of circling around each other like two wounded tigers had given way to a desperate longing. I kissed Stella?s neck and then buried my face in the sweatiness of her t-shirt near the armpit. I breathed in her body odor.

Stella: We could smell each other?s sweat. That is how closely locked together we were. It was primitive the way we enjoyed each other?s body odor.

Joey: After lunch that day, I had decided to drop in on Matty and Stella to see how the new column was going. When I reached their cubicle, I saw the two of them snogging like a couple of teenagers. Now I am as broadminded as anyone and I had no problems with two women being sexually attracted to each other. But I could not permit sex in my office. You would have understood if you had seen the way they were going at it like two horny teenagers. I put a stop to it immediately.

Matty: Joey walked in unannounced and we were locked in a torrid kiss, on the verge of falling to the floor, locked in each other?s hands. That?s how aroused we both were. We disentangled quickly and Joey gave us a bit of talking to. It was humiliating to be censured like that. I felt terribly ashamed.

Stella: After Joey caught us having sex, Matty once again kept a distance from me. Maybe it was because she felt Joey perceived our sexual liaison as the last resort of two middle aged women whom nobody else wanted. There was that aspect to our relationship. I don?t deny it. Would we have been into each other if we were both in our twenties and had better sexual prospects? I think I would have been interested in her. But I don?t think Matty thought so. We were back to square one.

Senior Hostboard Member
    Cunts in Winter - Part 2

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Re: Cunts in Winter - Part 2

Nice story !!!

HB Forum Owner
    Cunts in Winter - Part 2

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Re: Cunts in Winter - Part 2

Kamafight,

Having gone through, and enjoyed, all chapters in your previous story, and what I assume are the first two chapters of this new, intriguing story, I have to say that I've enjoyed everything so far.

Your ideas are fresh and your writing style is slightly different from any other writer on this forum. I like that very much. And there are some high quality writers here, as I'm sure you know.

Your writing, to me, is straight-forward and direct. And yet, many times in each chapter, you manage to throw in these unexpected and delightful twists and turns. To me, that's the sign of a very inventive mind that knows how to keep the reader on edge. VERY nice!

OK, I'll stop gushing here and just say Keep up the good work. I look forward to the next chapter.

A. Penman