Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smith censored in I, Robot

21/07/2004 - 15:27:43

Will Smith has had his manhood chopped out of new movie I, Robot in the US, but the sight of will thrill fans in Europe.

Smith bares all in a shower scene in the new sci-fi adventure film, which stormed to the top of the American box office at the weekend, but fans in the US will miss the actor's full frontal shot thanks to a little last-minute digital work.

The actor chose to reveal all in the scene to show how vulnerable his paranoid character is - but producers feared censors would cause a fuss, and cut the sight of Smith's manhood from the film.

The disappointed star says: "It's interesting because America is the only place that it's really a big deal.

"The scene in this movie was full frontal nudity, but they had to digitally remove it. It was the most expensive CGI shot in the movie. I hope the nude scene appears in other countries."

Smith only plucked up the courage to take on the shower scene in the first place after watching Harvey Keitel appear totally nude in controversial director Abel Ferrara's 1992 movie, Bad Lieutenant.

He says: "I saw Bad Lieutenant with Harvey Keitel and I looked at that scene, and Harvey Keitel is just standing there butt naked, and it's almost like the attitude is like: 'Yeah, look at this here.'

"I'd love to be that comfortable with nudity, but I'll never be that good an actor."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertain...36&p=yyy6z354z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Fibonacci:
    The disappointed star says: "It's interesting because America is the only place that it's really a big deal.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">i've thought that for a long time.... and while
    i don't really think it has any effect on a
    movie's value... it does have a lot of effect on
    a culture's value.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went and saw I.Robot and yeah, I'd have to say Will Smith has a fantastic ass! He has a REAL nice ass!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still dunno if i wanna see that movie. I loved the books they got (part) of the story off, but i fear that the movie will be inferior to the good stories i've come to remember.
    Plus, well, i'm afraid the hollywood format is there, maybe in a smaller form, but the standard story. Which would be a shame since most robot stories by Isaac Asimov were basically detective stories. They're supposed to have an ending you don't see coming, which the movie probably will have.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by shatzy:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Originally posted by Fibonacci:
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">i've thought that for a long time.... and while
    i don't really think it has any effect on a
    movie's value... it does have a lot of effect on
    a culture's value.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">I guess those rights our fore fathers fought for....let me rephrease "Our Framers" *rolls eyes* fought for.... and that which was written in the constitution for freedom of speech and expression is slowly being rewritten to mean as long as it does not offend you, or you or you or yea you too....

I can not say it enough.... QUITE FRANKLY I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A COUNTRY IN WHICH I DON'T GET OFFEND....

*deep sigh

and shatz well said milady...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kevin Bacons "junk" in that movie he did with Neve Campbell and Denise Richards(cant remember the name)
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">The name of THAT movie would be......"Wild Things"

And this one:

And uh,that footbal flick,Any Sunday
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">would be: "Any Given Sunday"

That's right, I'm "Ms. Entertainment". Either that or just plain bored. *L

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Not cool!

I had to wash my eyes with battery acid after seeing Kevin Bacons "junk" in that movie he did with Neve Campbell and Denise Richards(cant remember the name)

And uh,that footbal flick,Any Sunday I think had some black guy juggling his shit in a lockerroom shower scene.

I remember both of these because the ex rewound the tape a couple of times to show me "how well the director lighted the scene".

[img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GD! THIS IS ONE POPULAR THREAD!

guess loads of people go to see the movie then
    come back to the internet to search for smith's
    package... ahahahahah....

YOU PEOPLE/LURKERS SHOULD BE A SHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!!

at least come back and tell us if you have a pic! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i thought the title would bring a lot of people in.... [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following