Thread: The Roman empire never had any fun. Why ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Howdy,
    You've read the title. Let me put in another way.
    During and after the time of Augustus, the empire ceased to evolve or expand in virtually all ways. Rome ceased to expand in terms of technology, art, creativity philosophy,science, territory and of course in military technology.
    Why?
    E.G : Why were the Romans as a people, a religio-political entity and as a culture, not curious enough about what lay on the other side of the Atlantic ocean, to send ships to find out ?

What do you think ? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

howdy,

the roman empire did expand its boarders after augustus, and did so for some time until it was so large a few hundred years after augustus died that they split the empire in two (western empire based out of rome and the eastern based out of constantinople - yeah yeah, i know i cant spell). they also went north with the conquest of modern day germany by about 180AD etc's...

but that is just the teritory expansions... the rest i am not sure on.. if i were to speculate, i would have to say that any society under a military dictatorship would find it hard to advance on a cultrual level. not much incentive if anything new is stolen by the state with no credit given etc's.

i am fairly sure that the offical "dark ages" started at the fall of the roman empire (well western empire at any rate) these dark ages are the time in history that we know least about as nothing much seemed to happen with regards to major wars, art, inventions etc's. this did not change until the 1500's or 1600's with the start of the renaicounce (sp)and the fall of the eastern empire.

but if its just fun you want to know about... what could be more fun that a 50 person **** in big in door heated bath? sounds like fun to me hehe.

Hostboard Member Dave Henderson's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This place rocks