Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

A study shows that knive attacks and murders are on the upswing in England. It has been suggested by some that knives be "re-designed" to make them less useful as a murder weapon, while still being useful for carving up food.

One's first reaction may be to "guffaw"at the idea of reinventing the knife, but on further review, it would be interesting to have a knife that cuts in the kitchen but wouldn't necessarily be a prime choice when it comes to attacking another human being.

Chefs will naturally be outraged, so for them, perhaps they could get a special knife permit to carry the good old fashioned style of knives.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    [QB]A study shows that knive attacks and murders are on the upswing in England. It has been suggested by some that knives be "re-designed" to make them less useful as a murder weapon, while still being useful for carving up food.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">While they're at it,why don't they just round off corners so people won't hurt themselves by their own clumsiness?Sheesh!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by oldasdirt:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alex:
    [QB]A study shows that knive attacks and murders are on the upswing in England. It has been suggested by some that knives be "re-designed" to make them less useful as a murder weapon, while still being useful for carving up food.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">While they're at it,why don't they just round off corners so people won't hurt themselves by their own clumsiness?Sheesh!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not to be a wiseacre but, they're called butter knives.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm afraid you missed my sarcasm,maybe I was a little vague.

We live in a society that of late, seems to want to protect people from their own stupid mistakes.I was referring to corners on tables and such (should've been more explicit,sorry).I believe this is wrong as it interferes with evolution.I don't believe in nurturing stupidity.

If people are irresponsible with knives they deserve to get cut.Criminals who use knives or any other weapon,including their hands need to be locked up,that simple.

When people are prevented from suffering the consequences of their actions,they don't learn and their stupidity is nurtured.Then it becomes our (the responsible people)responsibility to take care of these people when they become dysfunctional.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I was making a joke (the butter knife comment).

Ladders now come with several warnings on them, I say yes! Many times when people go to do something in tandem one is the dominant and the other less so.

If the dominant one wants the less dominant person to do something dangerous the less dominant one can point to the sticker on the ladder and say, "No, that would be dangerous!".

I'm serious.