Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

The topic title can be interpreted in more than one way.

I think how people treat animals and if they have animals for friendship seems to make a difference in the way they live their lives.

It seems to me that animals as friends/pets can be an incredible pacifying element that seems to be missing from Islam.

When one combines a very restrictive view of women, no pre-marital sex, and no animals for friendship, it seems to me that what remains is a reactive, potential powderkeg of emotions.

I probably have completely simplified the Islam issue, but if Americans didn't have pets, I think we'd be one big bunch of angry people.

I've also heard that an-al sex is secretly considered acceptable in Islam and that a women is still considered a virgin even if she has had an-al sex. This to me just shows a disconnect between reality and religion.

An-al Sex IS sex.

In the larger scheme of life, it's all about oil. Once the U.S. cannot make available all the oil it's citizens want, we will become more like the rest of the world.

What surprises me about Islam is it contains some very salient, perceptive points of view about the West, why not just wait out the west rather than constantly protest violently against the West? In my opinion the way of the West has less than a hundred years left, maybe as little as 10-25 years.

Why the rush for Islam to have it's way, now. when it's quite evident that Capitalism will crash and burn under the weight of paid off politicians who are more concerned about re-election than making the world a truly better place?

It makes me wonder if some of the uprisings are somehow being caused by the U.S. and other countries that stand to profit greatly by Mid-East unrest continuing for as long as possible.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 12, 2006 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex is there a passage from the Koran that you can quote that will show that Islam is an anti pet religion?

I've known Muslims in personal life and have known them to have pets.What you are talking about is more cultural I believe than religious.

Have you ever met a Muslim from Eastern Europe?Say,Bosnia?The difference between them and their Middle Eastern couterparts is like night and day.

The prophet Mohammed was said to be a cat lover,and known to sit for hours with a cat in his lap and even to cut away part of his clothes when he wanted to get up and not disturb his sleeping pet.

Don't know if that's true or just legend.