Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Philosophically speaking, if Iran and Iraq had a huge war between themselves all throughout the 80's, isn't it logical to assume that at least part of the "insurgency" in Iraq is coming from Iran?

Is the border between Iran and Iraq completely open, partially open? The Iran Contra controversy of the 80's has been reborn, and the various SAME players are probably profiting from Iran's involvement in Iraq's affair.

It seems strange to think of people in the U.S. profiting somehow by supplying weapons to the region while also trying to create "peace" and "democracy".

It just seems to me that unless the United States is willing to put up some kind of wall between Iran & Iraq, the insurgency will go on forever because it's much cheaper for Iran to fight this kind of war then one in which they militarily fight Iraq in the open.

A documentary on the Iran Iraq war, that really goes into detail as to what happened in the 80's, would probably shed light as to what is going on now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's been over 4 months since I posted this topic, just yesterday, Rush Limbaugh (whom I rarely listen to), went on and on about how Hamas is funded by Iran.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    It's been over 4 months since I posted this topic, just yesterday, Rush Limbaugh (whom I rarely listen to), went on and on about how Hamas is funded by Iran.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or was it Hezbollah, or was it both?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dude,does it really matter at this point?War is all about $$$$$.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe in double realities.

It appears that in Iraq there are three factions of people that all believe in different religions and it appears they don't seem to have much tolerance for one another.

That aspect does not seem to be about money, does it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

True,but I was refferring to the US involvement.People in that part of the world have always fought over religion and land.For thousands of years.It's recorded in the Bible and many other historical documents.Doubt seriously it will ever change,at least in our lifetimes.

The US involvement,despite the Bush rhetoric,is about money and oil.If it was about a dictator and people's freedom,why Iraq?There are tin horn dictators all over the world trampling on their people's human rights,worse than Hussien ever dreamed.Why show favoritism on one over the other?The motives are clearly about oil and money.