Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wendy's sales have dropped in the Northern California area after a customer reported finding a finger in her chili.

As disgusting as a finger in your chili sounds, lets not forget that there's dead cow floating alongside that finger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

It was a scam, and the scammers will now be making scam sandwhiches in jail, for several years.

Gosh, it would be fascinating to own the rights to that story. To actually reenact the meeting in which they decide to drop the finger in the bowl.

I wonder if the women could hardly contain herself when she went to Wendy's to initiate the finger in the chili scam.

I doubt she ever thought it would result in several years in jail.

Apparently she's sorry for what she did because it actually did hurt Wendy's sales for several months and she actually likes their food.

Go finger, er go figure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My most famous piece of news video,you may have seen it,was back in 1988,it literally circulated around the world for several months.

Jacksonville,Florida resident,James Harvey called news media outlets claiming that he opened a can of Coors beer,took a swallow and saw a dead rat in the can looking up at him.He claimed to get violently ill,requiring ER treatment.This he verified with hospital records where he was treated for gastritus.

Harvey then claimed he called the Coors company (this too was verified with Coors)and they sent a team of execs to Jacksonville,where he was offered 1000 dollars for the can and rat with no questions asked.He turned down the offer and decided to go public because "the public needed to know",he said.

The reporter I was with was eager to grab the story,convinced that Coors had been caught with their pants down.He convinced Harvey to let us take him to the health department and while my Betacam was rolling,the can was cut open and the contents were poured into a lab beaker.The beer cascaded into the clear beaker and suddenly a perfectly preserved rat plopped in,bouncing upward in the yellow liquid,his dead eyes staring into my lens.A shriek from one of the female lab techs was heard in the background.Harvey put his head in his hands and looked as if he were going to throw up.

The story went national and then international within less than 24 hours.Coors flew in a damage control team and they hired a local ad agency to control media information flow.Harvey hired a prestigous Jacksonville attorney to represent him in a lawsuit.

Long story short.Harvey proved to be a fraud.Turned out he had been in an accident involving a Coors beer truck,he tried to sue them and lost.He wanted revenge.Once a necropsy report on the rat was performed and it was shown that the rat had been dinked in the head and stuffed into the can by Mr.Harvey himself.Harvey made a deal to plead guilty and go on TV and publicly fessup.In exchange they didn't burn his ass.He did 10 months in the county jail.