Thread: Socialized medicine:Will the US ever see it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fifteen or so years ago,I would've completly dissed socialized medicine in any way,shape or form.Yet after seeing how much of my paycheck goes for medical insurance and how little is actually covered,I'm ready to move north to Canada.Here are some of my gripes about US health care which,btw,SUCKS A FAT MEAT!!There I said it.

It took me over a year to get an MRI on my shoulder because an insurance BEANCOUNTER,not a doctor denied it.Excuse me???Since when does a beancounter veto a doctor's orders?To me that sums up where the USA's priorities are concerning health care.The almighty dollar of course.Just look at the markup on Rx drugs.A pill that costs .000000025 cents to make gets sold for as much as 8 bucks!!!Ever seen itemized statements sent to insurance companies?Talk about padding the inventory!I once did a story(I'm a TV photojournalist)on an old man who got a fishing hook stuck in his hand and went to the ER.Took them less than an hour to remove the hook and close him up,no sticthes.Medicare paid the bill,but when this man saw the itemized statement,he called us to do the story.The bill was almost 1000 dollars!!!The statement showed all kinds of plasic splints and surgical kits that of course weren't used,but still medicare was billed for it.When my daughter was visiting up in Ontario,she broke her arm playing.The total bill from CHEO was under 400 dollars US.When she came home and had the cast(actually it wasn't even a real cast)removed and had Xrays,the bill to my insurance was over 700 bucks with a 25 dollar copayment from me!!

I don't think you'll ever see socialized health care in the US simply because too many entities are padding the bills and cleaning up.Here's a joke that sums it up here.A benefactor to a hospital was taking a tour of the new wing her contribution bought.In one of the rooms there was a man masturbating in his hospital bed.She complained to the chief surgeon who explained that the man suffered a rare malady where if he didn't have an orgasm every twenty minutes,his system would back up and he would die.They then moved to another corridor where there was another man recieving a blow job from a nurse."Surely this can't be justified!"She exclaimed."Oh yes,you see,this man suffers the same condition as the other man you saw.He just has a better health care plan".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hear that Canada is great for simpler procedures, but for more intensive care, their prices are very expensive. That's what I heard, I don't know if it's true.

The more comprehensive the health care program, the more illegal immigration we will probably have to accommodate as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good point,Alex,I hadn't thought about the illegal immigration aspect of it.As far as the Canadian health care being inferior for serious medical issues,my wife and father in law would disagree with you.Back in the 90's,my wife suffered ovarian cancer and she believes that she would be dead had it not been for the health care she received.My father in law has a congenital heart defect and agrees.