Thread: Celibacy and monogamy:The only acceptible lifestyles?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In scrolling through many of the threads on forums on dating sites, I look at subjects like bisexuality, prostitution, friends with benfits,casual sex,polyamory and the like and it always amazes me how many folks ,right away jump on the morality bandwagon.Many quote Bible scriptures,others warn of social decay.The ones I admire are the ones who say, "that lifestyle is simply not for me".They're the ones who are being non judgemental and just stating their own prefferences.

For you moralist types, does this mean that celibacy and monagamy are the only acceptible moral lifestyles with regards to sex?My problem with this line of thinking is that there are people who you really DON'T want to be in relationships and yet they still have high sex drives.You're condemning these people to celibacy or you're saying they're immoral or so seriously dysfunctional as if they need some kind of therapy to "turn them around".

Am I misreading people?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I need more elaboration, or perhaps a specific example of what you are stating.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah,yes,I copied and pasted this from another forum site and coming from that perspective,it may be confusing.

I've always manitained that we live in a constantly changing,evolving society.There are no real hard and fast carved in stone ways to live anymore.Morality with regard to personal life style choice is not much of an issue anymore.