Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A few years ago, a guy named John Titor claimed to be a time traveller from the year 2036 and he appeared on several internet forums claiming such.He stated that the Everett/Wheeler model of the universe was the correct one meaning that there are multiple realities in which all possible scenarios are played out,thus creating different "world time lines" as he called them.This would also do away with the paradox problem associated with time travel (in other words if you went back in time to assassinate your grandfather and thus prevent you from being born,this would not work as you would just create a different alternate reality).Now while many believe John Titor to have been a hoax,he did raise some interesting questions.How would this model of the universe,if it could be proven to be the correct one,effect your perspective on religion,God ,destiny and such?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I believe in dual realities.

I believe that at any moment in time if a time travelling prosecutor wanted to "go after someone" they could either piece together a picture of a very nice person who thinks of others before himself, or, they could also paint a picture of an overbearing lout who doesn't know when to give up.

However the way you defined multiple realities to me sounded more like "multiplying realities" and that seems a bit unrealistic to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dunno man,it gets really deep when you start talking to some of these physicists.Saw a really good documentary on the science channel,it was about an infinite number of univeses coeixtisting,some in which life never developed.Google Everett/wheeler.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Maybe this is analogous to the race to procreate that 250,000 (or is it 250 million?) sperm go through.

They live for a 12 hours to a day or two and then die off, meanwhile the "winner" begins multiplying and creating a life form.

Maybe our solar system is a multiplying ovum?