Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saw a documentary on gender dysphoria and sexual reassignment.What's interesting is that many of these people claimed to go through a stage in life where they tried to live as their birth gender and submerge their real feelings in religion.One man, who is now a woman on the show said that he met his wife through a church group, but he said, later, he found that he could not hide his "true" self anymore and had to go through sexual reassignment or he felt that he would've committed suicide.Church or religion couldn't change what he felt inside.

I forget the exact numbers of people who suffer gender dysphoria, but they were significant enough not to dismiss such people as flakes or weirdos who just need a good shrink.What will traditional religion do with this phenomena?I have a friend who is transgender and has been ostracized from several churches she has tried to join with her family.What's the spiritual side here?I know there are some who would say that these people were their desired genders in a former life.OK, if that's so, then what happened to make them born the "wrong" sex to begin with?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very good points,Alex.In another era my friend would be considered "holy" or even a form of god.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

The problem with those who believe they have a spiritual side and are religious is they are completely judging another based on a piece of tissue between their loins.

The fact that some can have feelings that are not manifested based on their loinage is a miracle in my opinion and reason to rejoice rather than recoil in fear and then strike forth with anger at those whose gender is not as easily defined.

These are miracle people who for some mysterious reason have shrugged off their physical predisposition for some other more mysterious aspect that is not easily defineable.

How sad that those who claim to have a higher moral ground than others actually project a severly lower form of understanding and appreciation of those different from themselves.

When a fetus/baby is still in the womb, the pelvic area as I recall seeing is identicalin all babies and then changes. It's quite obvious to me that a small percentage of all fetuses/babies will experience some type of incorrect wiring prior to birth and simply will not behave as they appear. To harbor hate or ill will to the pre-born for being wired differently but waiting until they have exited the womb before hurling hate towards them is the act of a demonic person, especially by those who are also against abortion, and especially by those who would want these unique individuals aborted if they knew their "condition" ahead of time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by oldasdirt:
    Very good points,Alex.In another era my friend would be considered "holy" or even a form of god.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And what probably ensued was a whole bunch of "wannabees" saw all the attention pre-transgender types were getting and they either became jealous or wanted in on the action.

Which may mean that in the end, being a transgender or someone who wants to be a transgender puts one at either end of the spectrum, revered or reviled, but never in the middle.