Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The abortion issue has gone round and round with every special interest group getting on soap boxes and screaming about life, morality,God, mother,country,rights and freedom.OK here's a compromise, anyone interested?

Let's say a woman gets pregnant and doesn't want the baby.Let's say technology has a way where the fetus can be removed from the woman and placed in a surrogate mom who delivers the baby.The mom signs away all legal rights and the interested parties (perhaps "dad" and the Right to Life crowd) take on the responsibilty of raising the child.Is this too far fetched?I don't think so.I think if there's a debate, it will be because all of these special interest groups have agendas.They want to get their 10 seconds of fame in TV sound bites and they want to convert people to their way of thinking.
    I could take this a step further.What if technology gets to the point where a surrogate mom isn't necessary?Let's say an embryo can be taken out, kept alive and gestated in a tube.Let's take it a step further and say that the same embryo can be cryogenically frozen and kept alive in stasis until such time as it became desirable to revive,gestate and a person who was concieved in say 2015 could be born fifty, or a hundred years later.What would be the moral arguments against this?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 24, 2006 02:43 PM: Message edited by: oldasdirt ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I was waiting for you to suggest the man deliver the fetus to birth. I think the issue that comes up is there no such thing as a safe withdrawal from a women's body therefore they should have the right to decide what happens.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anytime one strays from nature's designed path,there will be risks.I'm just looking for alterantive options no one has thought of yet.