Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I don't believe in dating because it sets a tone that will never be eumlated once the relationship is consummated. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 08, 2004 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I do believe in "Partnering", in which the focused adventure of the relationship is being able to combine forces, not just in the bedroom, but in many other aspects of life.

Combine, Create, Contribute to society, those are traits in a relationship that can give it steam.

Entitlement, Expectations, Earnings, that's what drives most relationships to marriage. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you,Alex,IF one is talking about the formation of a lasting relationship.A better,but somewhat archaic term is "courting",which involves the families of both people and the important aspects of establishing a lasting partnership.

However men and women (and yes same sex relationship folks,don't mean to discriminate against the gay crowd),merge for different reasons.Some folks,for very practical reasons forgo relationships and so we get the "dating" scenario.People out to share fun.Personally I see nothing wrong with this as long as both parties are upfront and honest about their intentions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well,what I see from having to re enter the dating scene after a divorce from a 12 year marriage is that people are jaded and cautious.You've got all kinds of people out there,both genders all out with differing agendas.The players looking to score,the women who want a quick casual encounter,but can't let that fact be known or else they earn the dreaded "slut" reputation,everyone out there has an angle,so it stands to reason this "political" methodology gets adopted.People test each other(women are particularly notorious for this,but guys can be guilty of it too),is he going to be a clingy woos?Is she out for money?Is he just out for a piece of ass?How long is it going to take before she gives it up?See what I mean?

For a humorous look at the relationship between the sexes check this out... http://www.laddertheory.com/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, you have a very forgiving belief about dating. All I see is the politics that go on all throughout the date, and then continue on into how the date "ends", and then climaxes (or doesn't), with that ever not so subtle phone call that MUST come within a prescribed period of time or else it's considered "a one and done" enounter.