Thread: Chick Feud Not Welcome at Hooters...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chick Feud not Welcomed at Hooters....

Sigh. Another example of people tugging on the proverbial baby and willing to rip the tike in two rather than really resolve the issue at hand.

Hooters wants to donate money to the Los Angeles County Animal Shelter via a fundraising event they plan on holding at their Hooters Restaurants.

Laura Chick, Financial controller of the City of Los Angles scoffs at the idea of Hooter Hotties helping to contribute money to the City of Los Angeles, and rejected the offer.

Hooters countered by hooking up with the Beverly Hills Animal Shelter (Beverly Hills is not officially considered part of Los Angeles).

The saddest part to me is that neither side caught site of the real issue. Just what will Hooters be serving it's customers on the day they hold their fundraiser for the Beverly Hills Animal Shelter? Meat, lots and lots of meat, and poultry, and perhaps seafood as well.

How can any rational person not find this the utmost in pretentiousness. Raising money for a local animal shelter by serving dead animals as food???

While Hooters is at it, why not just offer to cook all the unwanted animals and donate that money? Laura Chick did not focus on this hypocrisy, instead she focused on the apparent hypocrisy of girls in short shorts serving food to very attentive men.

How about both sides get real here. The City of Los Angeles agrees to accept a donation from Hooters on behalf of their animal shelters, Hooters agrees not to sell any meat, fish, or poultry on the day of the fundraiser.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    Chick Feud not Welcomed at Hooters....

Hooters be serving it's customers on the day they hold their fundraiser for the Beverly Hills Animal Shelter? Meat, lots and lots of meat, and poultry, and perhaps seafood as well.

How can any rational person not find this the utmost in pretentiousness. Raising money for a local animal shelter by serving dead animals as food???

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I respect veganism and vegetarianism,but I'm afraid your personal diet choice has clouded the issue.Animal shelters are all about rescuing PETS.Not barnyard animals or anything who's sole existence is to provide sustenance for the animals above them on the food chain.
    When was the last time you saw pictures of chickens or cows on an ad for the local animal shelter?Or when was the last time you saw a tank of Sea Bass or Salmon or perhaps shrimp or lobster at the shelter with a tag on the tank expounding on what a great pet it would make?

The issue here is credibilty and image.The animal shelter doesn't want to be associated with Hooters because of the hotties that serve the food and beer.To many feminist organizations this is seen as sexist.

Alex,dude,I appreciate your sensitivity and I respect your dietary choices, but not all of us sees the killing of certain animals for food to be immoral.I love veggies and fruits, but personally,I didn't climb to the top of the evolutionary ladder to the pinnacle of the food chain to subsist on lettuce.
    And how do you really know that a head of lettuce or cucumber doesn't feel pain or the sting of death when it's wrenched up out of the ground and cruelly choppend into a salad and drowned with Ranch dressing?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 25, 2006 12:39 PM: Message edited by: oldasdirt ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're exaggerating my position by claiming it's based on my personal food choices. It's not. All I said was if Hooters wants to hold a fundraiser for a day or two or for a week, then be vegan for those days, not all year long.

I think there is a heaping bowl of hypocrisy if one is biting into a breast of chicken while at the very same time raising money to save animals lives.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    [

I think there is a heaping bowl of hypocrisy if one is biting into a breast of chicken while at the very same time raising money to save animals lives.[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is a big difference between how the average person views a chicken,which is raised to be dinner in mass production and a beloved cat or dog.
    Still, I can see your point,yet I doubt there are too many choices on Hooter's menu for vegans.Vegetarians can opt for salads,which they do offer,and they're very good!