Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those who wish to mock me and Christianity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    The Bible is not proof enough for you.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, because it's just a text. There's no evidence in it.
    The good in the world is not proof enough for you.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, because it's outweighed by bad. Besides, just because there's good doesn't mean there's a god. Why does it?
    The intricacies and nature of this world...and the mathematical probability that that happened in some big bang is not enough for you.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it's not. Because given the size of the universe, the odds are actually VERY HIGH that what happened would have.
    Nothing will be enough proof to appease you.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, first I'll have to see some proof.

YOU'RE STILL STALLING. YOU HAVEN'T POSTED EVIDENCE. THOSE MAY BE "PROOFS" TO YOU, BUT A PRETTY BUTTERFLY ISN'T GOING TO MAKE ME THINK THERE'S A GOD. ANSWER THE **** QUESTION.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 13, 2007 05:08 PM: Message edited by: stormchaser ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 13, 2007 05:11 PM: Message edited by: stormchaser ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The bad in the world just proves that man (and Satan) are evil. If we are evil, where does the good come from if not from God.

Faith.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's only true if you also assume that there's a Satan.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

God is as real as you or I. Or atoms. Scientists have never seen sub atomic particles...they just assume they're there because of the effects of things. Well, you have never seen God (some people have) but you can assume He's there by His effects on things.

I am not stalling. I have given you your answer to the question. That is not enough for you, well...too bad for you. I can't help you then.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 13, 2007 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and going around yelling "YOU HAVE GIVEN ME NO PROOF" is a really silly way to argue. YOU are the one who has given no proof. YOU are the one who has no arguements beyond "YOU HAVE GIVEN ME NO PROOF". Where is YOUR proof????

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tra, you make good sense here. Of course we know the bible is the true word of God written in His hand, because it says so! Yes, yes, I can see how right you are.

But--oh dear! I just discovered the Q'uran also says it is the inspired word of God. So *that* must be the one true holy book...right?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you actually read my first post in "A Little Bible Lesson"? If God is perfect (and He is...I mean, someone with the power to create the world certainly has the power to be perfect and all-loving) and the wicked cannot dwell with Him, we need to be purified to dwell with Him. The only way to do that is to be saved by Jesus. An all-loving God would have sent His Son Jesus to purify us. And the only book that attests to that is The Bible.

Inactive Member the happy heathen's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tra, I have read all of your posts in which you repeat this rhetoric about God's perfection and Jesus cleansing us with his nifty blood. Over. And over. And over. And over. And over.

I simply don't find it a compelling argument. I didn't the first time, or the second time, or the third time, and I doubt I will the 889th time.

You really need to get a new schtick, hon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, well, if the Word of God isn't enough for you I wonder what would be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is one of the funiest things I've ever read. How many times do we need to explain that we'll only believe it's the word of God if you give us a reason to believe it is? I mean, aside from a sunrise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by stormchaser:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Tra:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is one of the funiest things I've ever read. How many times do we need to explain that we'll only believe it's the word of God if you give us a reason to believe it is? I mean, aside from a sunrise.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The sad thing is, Tra and I have given you so many reasons to believe the Bible is true, you just don't want to accept these facts we have stated. If you don't believe that a sunrise or sunset is proof of God, then what do you think a sunrise or sunset is? Tra is true in saying she wonders what would be enough for you if you won't accept that the Bible is. There is nothing funny in that, she said it in absolute certainty, as am I. The proof we have repeatedly given you is the God given proof, and you are not willing to accept this truth. It really does sadden me as we have tried so hard, but you are not opening your heart to really try and grasp the meaning of what we are saying. Please take to heart what I have said, and really try to open up your heart and welcome Christ in.

~Emma

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast