Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wanted to thank stalker217, who i believe created the website on geocities.com,How to make a ghille suit. I am in the middle of making my first ghillie suit. I searched the sites and found yours to be very informative! I to have consulted my own experts, former military, for guidence. You are dead on in what you have said. In my opinion the best advise you give on your site is that all the infomation you are giving(which was all good)is only a guide to making the suit. there are so many differnt options and method to mention. I have been taking pictures of each stage of the suit.
    It is a very time consuming job, and that would be my only reason to tell someone to buy a suite rather than make one.
    If you can make a suit that would make you blend into your enviroment, that is something you should be proud of!
    thanks for your time and effort you put into your site.
    CM2

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to make a Ghille suit

how much did it cost you to make one?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to make a Ghille suit

I already owned the camo clothes to I don't know the cost of thoses. i spent around $20-$25 for volly ball net(more than enough) have extra for next project!!
    $10 for glue(two tubes used) $5-$7 for dye,(3-4 different colors bought) $5-$8 for 2 yards of burlap. you will need lots of time!!
    A small piece of advice. once you made your suit and you go to use it you will have to add live veggitation (plant, grass, etc) in which you are trying to blend into, to your suit. or if you only plan to use it in one type of surrounding, try and find fake plates that match this way you don't have to keep replacing the live plants on the suit as they turn brown and die.
    good luck and have fun learning to hide and learning to blend.
    Cm23

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Re: How to make a Ghille suit

I wanted to add three photos of my suit here but I can't because I used up my allowed space on another thread! So Check out the "my ghillie suit" Thread, to see the finished suit! note that you still have to add local veggitation to your suit if you really want to disapear? the basic suit is just dyed burlap strings. you will remove the veggitation of course when your done. adding the veggitation can be just as time consuming but it sure is worth it when your done!
    good luck, I would like to see some other finished suits too
    Cm23