Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey gang,
    just found a source for wire wrap rockwool insulation. 20 inches wide and 1 3/4 yards legnth per roll. 80mm thick with heat rating to 1000 f. 49 bucks per roll. was wondering if this would work in my chambers. any ideas?
    tom

taheckler

Well, I can't answer your question, but can offer personal experience with the loose stuff that Stoveman sells: he sent me a 2-pound box that I restuffed my oven door and around the top of the thermowell with. It's terrific, and I was very, very happy with the result.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure either, but i started looking around for rockwool in the 'fluff' form, and learned that it's called 'rockwool granulate'

searching for that turns up quite a few vendors.

eg:
    [url="http://www.gtghydroponics.com/store/xq/asp/idItem.124/qx/itemdescription.htm"]http://www.gtghydroponics.com/store/xq/asp/idItem.124/qx/itemdescription.htm[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Tura, for the nice remarks on my Rock wool! The rock wool I am selling is "Cryogenic Wool". It's industral use is hand packing around tanks of liquid oxygen. If you are looking for an alternative source, watch out for the "hydoponic stuff", it has Lime in it and has to be soaked in chemicals first to correct the PH level. Also, watch out for other sources of fluffy stuff, they are likely to have oil added to make them sprayable and to keep down dust.