Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In another post, you mentioned the black car wax for polishing the kick plate and other black porcelain. Do they sell a white version, and would you recommend that to brighten the white surfaces? Thanks for all your knowledge and advice.

Gwen

taheckler

In the "How to Restore the Enamel on Your Stove" manual I bought from TOAC, they suggest you do like you would with your car: Rub out the porcelain (gently!) with a white rubbing compound, then wax and buff. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds reasonable to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

agree with tura, just be careful; rubbing compounds come in many grits. start with the finest grit you can find. may need to go to an auto refinishing place as your local home depot etc will likely not have all available products.
    tom

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ya'll, I have used Martin-Seynor car paint polishing compound that I bought at NAPA for small scratches. It worked OK. The colored car wax by Turtle Wax works good after the polishing compound. Have used White, Black, Red, Yellow, Green and Blue. But when I was selling stoves, most calls were for White, I kept them polished with Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. I use it on the Chrome AND the Porcelain! I have a Freedom Red Chambers in our Guest House and I use the Red Wax on it after tourists have left, makes for easy cleanup. I highly recommend keeping your stoves waxed, makes for much easier clean up after cooking.