Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm such a weirdo about some things...my route is already set and no room for change: arrive LAX, drive directly to GIGI'S, do the parts excahnge, drive immediately to Vintage Appliances, inspect range being restored, drive immediately to Yuca's and eat a Bean and Cheese Burrito in the parking lot, drive immediately to project and get to work. I need the parts in LA when I get there as we are using the stove up until I leave. I figure Peter will be without the burners for a week, he agrees it won't be a catastrophe to use the Thermowell, broiler, griddle and oven only for a week. I'll bring all the SHINY parts home and we'll back in business. Now, I'm doing the chrome shop research....the first guy I went to wanted, sit down folks, $500.00 "to get started" and "no telling how high it will go " he said. Needless to say, Robbies in Witchita is lookiing real attractive right now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I know I've said this several times already in previous posts, but the "mom" in me makes me want to say it again: if you are planning to ship your top to be refinished, make sure it is packed well because they are fragile, despite how they look (all the cut-outs, I guess.) I know two people now who had theirs break in transit.

Just make sure it's encased in sheets of styrofoam or something firm to brace it. Then you should be fine.

t.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"no telling how high it will go?" Huh?

Crazy business practices like that leave me shaking my head. Did someone actually recommend this guy? Robbie's really is sounding good.

-jenn

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 11:47 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

pete244874

Mark...how much does the the stripped down stove top weigh? (a good approx anyway) thanx, Pete

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Air Travel With Stove Parts

Air borne abuse from addition abstemious can still biking to area you are. Any pollutant alien in to the atmosphere can biking beyond continents. This can cover smoke from any wildfire, any aerosol product, or any automated pollution.
    [url=http://stationcars.co.uk]cabs in streatham[/url]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12