Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headed to LA Monday with burners, pans and grates for Gigi...any suggestions on how to transport the pieces ? I plan on putting them into my carryon and will be bringing the manual to explain to security what the items are. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 11:46 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please tell Gigi, HELLO, from Michelle... would you?

I hope her hubby rec'd my email with the link to the board. They had been searching for it but, had no luck finding it. They really aren't ummmm... techno-friendly people. But, they are so CUTE!!!

We are enroute from San Diego to Dallas right now. Once we get in I will post a pic I took of Gigi when I dropped off my parts. I didn't take any-other pictures (perhaps you will). I'm lucky to have accomplished what I did. Our trip to Cali was a bit of a nightmare. Picking up my shiny "new" burners, etc was the highlight of our time there!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Say hi for me too!

I just shipped my non-thermowell grates, burners and drip pans to her.

I'll post pics when i get them back.

-tmk

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the tips....problem is, I'm a one suitcase traveller, never check anything...tsa doesn't say anything about not bringing stove parts onboard a plane....do you think they could be construed as being "dangerous" ? I know those tsa folks aren't the, well, i'll be polite, they're not rocket scientists....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While stove parts might not be dangerous metal objects, who wants to deal with the TSA folks anymore than is absolutely necessary? You're right about the rocket scientist deficiency. My bags get searched with monotonous regularity when I'm carrying my hiking gear, and it's a real drag. I hate watching someone pawing over all my stuff, and then having to repack in public. A backpack, especially. Ugh.

You might waht to just make the concession and check a single small bag, thus avoiding the problem alltogether. It's only one trip.

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

everyone can clearly see that i need you folks, you're my voice of reason ! i'll bite the bullet, get a box, pack it up and send it on it's merry way. the blue smoke and mirrors tsa security is such a joke...i could hardly contain myself as i watched the tsa guards give the fifth degree to an elderly woman in a wheelchair and their insistence she remove her shoes...the poor old lady had feet swollen to the size of giant eggplants but they still had to make sure she wasn't packin. looks like i'min one of rare cynical moods today...hmmmmm...did you read about the mcdonalds drivethru customer who when the cashier window opened, reached in and grabbed the cashier demanding to know why he had to wait 12 minutes for his eggs ? another high point in cultural history. lol, good thing i've got my own stove and eggs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While stove parts might not actually be dangerous metal objects, who wants to deal with the TSA folks anymore than is absolutely necessary? You're right about the rocket scientist deficiency. In our freaked out fear-driven society, any metal pipe-like objects are a risky item to try to carry on.

My bags get searched with monotonous regularity when I'm carrying my hiking gear, and it's a real drag.

You might want to just make the concession and check a single small bag, thus avoiding the problem alltogether. If they do consider your stove pieces a problem, you will either lose the parts or lose your ticket. Why risk it? It's only one trip.

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

You know, I really didn't think I had posted that reply before I walked away from the computer! It was still on my screen when I came back, so I tweaked it. Sorry Ha. I know you didn't need to hear the same message in two formats!!

-jenn

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 11:47 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast