Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If anyone is interested in toasters, blenders, mixmasters, coffee grinders, waffle makers, let's chat. just like the ranges and fridges, they are superior to anything new.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'll bet you would just love to know the horrid words which were deleted ! one of them is truly awful, m i x m a s t e r....theother is even worse.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sorry,meant to type c o f f e e g r i n d e r.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It isn't a real appliance but I love to use my 1950's orange juicer. You put the orange half in it, crank down the top and voila- fresh oj. No electric, no moving parts. We had one when I was a kid.

I also have this device that has 2 long handles and a round pan at the end. You open it up, grease it up, put in 2 slices of bread with cheese or whatever in it and it makes round grilled cheese sandwiches. This thing is probably 60 years old.

I am looking to outfit my 1953 kitchen with retro devices. I want a cookie jar, canisters, a tablecloth with cherries and fruit on it..I want it to look like you went back in time!

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

your sandwich maker is the precursor to the fancy electric sandwich makers. they were designed to make everything from ultra thin wafers to thick sandwiches. many of the old ones have images embossed onto the baking areas so that your ******* or wafer or cake comes out with the that image on it. with your sandwich maker, you can even make burgers in it. the trick to the perfect sandwich with those guys is in the preheating...they want to be nice and hot but not too hot [griddle test, dancing water] or you'll burn the bread. i treat ours like a cast iron skillet, season it, clean it, season it...no soap and water.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, I have to ask. What did you say that was ***** out?
    I have to admit that I have only used this to make sandwiches. I really need to experiment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Linda, I have a juicer like yours - mine is a "Juice King", probably from the 40's or 50's. I absolutely adore it - it's so plain, simple and FUNCTIONAL - no parts to wear out, easy to clean, it's my favorite.

I also have a vintage nut chopper. You just crack the walnuts or pecans and put them in the jar, then you punch down on the spring loaded chopper-thing at the top of the jar. I enjoy using it when I bake things that require nuts.

t.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Asfan,
    love the subject!!
    OH guys, I have little counter space & storage. So mine must be practical, displayable & useable. I'd love to have more electrical appliances.

My fav's;
    Orange/lemon juicer-- Has a crank handle, just so cool!! it's aluminum.
    My collection of matchbox holders, I don't keep the pilot on, comes in handy when my lighter is out of fuel.
    My 60's Sunbeam m i x master in chrome
    My tea pot that's for bacon dripping, it's aluminum.

Since I've been using t-well pots, I find myself attracted more to aluminum/chrome items and looking for a brand stamp!! They have become Big Bertha's kids.

My wish list......
    Toaster
    Blender
    Waffle iron, like the one I don't know what happened to it!!
    Frig- a big fat wide one with chrome handles & shelves!

If hubby can have his "tool/hobbie thing" I can have my "kitchen thing".
    That's my story & I'm sticking to it!!
    Berlyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

w a f f l e i r o n was deleted....weird system. i have a sunbeam 1951 toaster, the hobart [kitchenaid] 1950 coffee grinder [burr], 1950 osterizer blender in copper and a 1940 hobart kitchen scale. i need the m i x m a s t e r. currently using a new kitchenaid and it is great but, it is new so it has to go. torn between a vintage sunbeam vintage [like berlyn's] or a vintage kitchenaid. with all of these old things, including the stove and the fridge, i just need to know one thing: what happened ? how come old stuff is better than new ? why are contemporary products so much less than their original brethern ? absolutely all the items anyone wnats to buy for thier vintage kitchens are available on ebay and at very good prices. most metro areas are still good resources for these guys too in the thrift shops, resale shops and estate sales. i use this process, in a hurry for something, go to ebay, willing to wait, do the local sales.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha, It is interesting that you have several Hobart items, being that Hobart/KitchenAid owned and manufactered the Chambers Name at the end of it's life. They continued to build Chambers builtin cook tops and ovens in the '80's. BUT, they put the KitchenAid Nameplate on them. Believe it...or not!

And check out the Chambers Literature here:
    [url="http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store"]http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store[/url]

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast