Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just for reference, I thought I'd post what I've learned about reporcelaining Chambers stoves with [url="http://www.ipe-porcelain.com/page2.html#refinishing"]this company.[/url]

I tracked them down after noticing in an article that Hugh's Place down in LA sent all their Chambers reporcelaining up to Independence, MO-- just a few hours' north of me.

Jeff Gaylord is the guy to talk to there- jwgaylord AT aol.com. He gave me permission to post his price list:

Side Panels - $72.50ea.
    Front Panel - $82.50ea.
    Oven Door - $47.50ea.
    Storage Door - $39.50ea.
    High Backsplash - $45.50ea.
    Low Backsplash - $39.50ea.

Cast Iron Cook Top - $75.00ea.
    Burner Grates - $14.50ea.
    Burner Heads - $14.50
    Drip Pans - $14.50ea.

Folding Top - $42.50ea.

Front Panel Lettering - $55.00

We were just talking about black and white, so there may be extra charges for colors. And this is completely exclusive of any shipping (or handling charges). And yes, IPE does redo the Chambers lettering on the front; it is is silkscreened on the panel and fired on @1400 F (permanent).

I know Gigi's beloved for this and very good at what she does, but she's way out West, and some of us further east might really save some bucks shipping/driving-wise.

Their prices are surprisingly similar to Gigi's, I think. Because I know people are going to want to compare, let me paste in Gigi's price list (as of January 2006, from Lowracer on [url="http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/7954/t/473"]this thread)[/url]:

Side Panels: $60.00
    Doors: $50.00

Stove Top: $60-75.00
    Grates: $20.00 each
    Burner Heads: $20.00 each

Folding Lid$ $45.00

Broiler:$40.00
    Knob Control: $35.00
    Kickplate: $35.00
    Lamp Cover: $35.00
    Griddle Cover: $25.00
    Black Striping: $35.00 per panel

...hope this is helpful to someone else! Sure is exciting to me.

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ November 21, 2006 03:13 PM: Message edited by: kimvsmith ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gigi is back at work and I think, that in her absence, Andre kept things up and running.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wrote to Jeff Gaylord to get a bit more info about any additional colors they have available. The answer is LOTS!! Very cool. The prices are the same as Kim posted, except for the three finishes he notes. I'll just post the entire message for the group.

"Good morning Jenn. We have several other colors to choose from. We have different shades of yellow including buttercup yellow, several shades of greens and blues, two different shades of red (bright & burgandy), cobalt, purple, pink, etc. We also do the interiors of stoves as well. The price sheet that Kim posted on your Chambers site would include greens, blues, yellows, etc. The only three colors that carry a premium charge are the two reds, stainless, & pink. The premium charge is 25%. Please feel free to post this information on your site. Unfortunately, I do not have a color brochure to display our colors, but I can send color samples to interested individuals. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for this opportunity to serve you.

Take Care,
    Jeff Gaylord
    Independence Porcelain Enamel
    703 S Cottage Ave
    Independence, MO 64050
    816-252-8180"

Sounds great to me - buttercup yellow, and the red so many folks are after???

I think I'm going to send them my burner parts after the holiday and see how it goes. I had been planning on sending them to Gigi, but the shipping charges will be a good bit less this way.

-Jenn

<font color="#FFFFFF"><font size="1">[ November 22, 2006 11:44 AM: Message edited by: chipperhiker ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ November 22, 2006 11:49 AM: Message edited by: chipperhiker ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Kim, thanks for the info. I need to get around to doing that, sometime soon.

Has anyone used the folks in Independence? Not that I have anything against Gigi, but Jeff is closer.

And by the way, is Gigi still up and running? It seems that someone mentioned that she was under the weather a few months back.

Thanks,

Jack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Re: reporcelaining by Independence Porcelain Enamel- near KC, MO

Hey Kim...very sweet post. When you do get in contact with them..they also can refer you to someone that may be in your area as well to do the work. Thanx a lot for the info, Kim.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: reporcelaining by Independence Porcelain Enamel- near KC, MO

This forum has been moved to:

[url=http://chambersrangers.proboards74.com/index.cgi]Chambers Rangers Discussion Board - Login[/url]

Please do not post anything here anymore.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage