Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, the new law went into effect with Sudafed, etc... here in Texas. You have to go to the pharmacy; show drivers license, sign a log. Thanks to the Meth labs here too!! But I will see if we can get lye. Why someone would want to do whatever you do with meth is beyond me. It fries your brain, makes your teeth rot out and gives you a "chemical" odor when you prespire!! YUK!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

I don't know about oven cleaner on chrome, but I do know I was spraying some in the broiler box and got some over spray on the left side of the black stovetop and now I have "whitish over spray spots" on one side. No one can see it, but I know it's there. I am more careful now when cleaning!!

Berlyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Berlyn,

funny you should mention those spots. The replacement backsplash I bought has what looks to be water spots on it. They only show up in certain light, but I tried everything to get them off. I can feel them with my fingernails - like they're etched in there.

I'm hoping that when I wax it they'll be even less obvious. I'm sure I'd be the only person to notice them anyway.

The porcelain is not quite as impervious as one might think, or wish. Acid etches glass if it's strong enough, right? I wonder if a strong base left on there too long might have a similar effect.

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Does oven cleaner hurt chrome?

I would be very careful, i think it will depend on what the active ingredients are in the oven cleaner you are using. My advice is to test a small area first or if you can, get a professional oven cleaning company to do it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

This Forum has been moved to:

http://chambersrangers.proboards.com/index.cgi
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re:cabinet Altec 2х 816

Hello Could not give me the recommendation. I wish to build cabinet Altec 2х 816 or 817 or 825/828. I do not know, what cabinet will sound better. I do not know, where the bass will be deep and articulated. I looked frequency cabinet Altec 816 these are 61 hertz. At cabinet Altec 817 it is 57 hertz, cabinet Altec 825/828 it is 50 hertz. Whether I can make the bottom border to lower{omit} up to 40-30 hertz. Yours faithfully. Yours faithfully. I hope for the answer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello v. Langa. Could not give me the recommendation. I wish to build cabinet Altec 2х 816 or 817 or 825/828. I do not know, what cabinet will sound better. I do not know, where the bass will be deep and articulated. I looked frequency cabinet Altec 816 these are 61 hertz. At cabinet Altec 817 it is 57 hertz, cabinet Altec 825/828 it is 50 hertz. Whether I can make the bottom border to lower{omit} up to 40-30 hertz. Yours faithfully. Yours faithfully. I hope for the answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12