Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I frequently purchase cards online. In looking for good deals I try many different stores. I thought here I would list bad ones to warn others off. Everyone else may do the same and we'll have a nice list of shite vendors.

Findmagiccards.com Vendors:

The Counterspell - Takes forever to ship (nearly 2 weeks) and no customer service.

All Magic Cards/Magic Arsenal - Operates 2 stores. Orders from All Magic Cards can conflict with orders from Magic Arsenal. No response to emails. Order sat for 2 1/2 weeks prior to shipping. Finally recieved the cards. They threw in a pack of TS for the trouble. I'd still suggest staying away.

Ebay Users

guilfoyle - Item not shipped for over two weeks. Claimed to have forgotten when contacted. High feedback rating, but lots of mentions of extremely slow shipping. Finally received the order March 17th after many a roadblock. Would not recommend even though the seller worked it through.

<font color="#C0C0C0" size="1">[ March 26, 2007 06:41 AM: Message edited by: kerbythepurplecow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Magic Arsenal - I also ordered from these guys and I odered about 20 cards all near mint quality. When I got the cards 5 of them were far from near mint.
    I did get an e-mail response but it was to send the cards back, but sending them back would of cost me more than the differences for the damages. No response after telling them that.

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm surprised you actually got an email. It's been over a week since my first and still no reply. When I called he did say "Someone's gonna get there ass kicked." I'm recommending that both shops be avoided.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kerbythepurplecow:
    I'm surprised you actually got an email. It's been over a week since my first and still no reply. When I called he did say "Someone's gonna get there ass kicked." I'm recommending that both shops be avoided.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">agreed

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MagicSourceOnline is also bad. They have a $10 minimum then they'll omit stuff from your order without asking. I got a really good price on a couple cards then made up the $10 minimum with random low-cost goods ... then they find out I got a good deal, claim it was a listing error, refund me like $1.90 and send the rest! I didn't WANT the rest if I couldn't get that deal. SHADY SHADY SHADY SHADY SHADY

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Watch the rating. LEss than 5 stars is a no go. Magic Source online is so bad that they have no stars now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MTG Stronghold
    While not a bad seller per se, they are aparently in trouble right now and had to shut down their website. This is where I ordered those cards that were supposed to go to my mom's. Anyway, they contacted me after several emails and explained the situation. I would just avoid them if you can for a while.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bad Sellers List

Has anyone bought from bigfireball.com? I found some good prices, but was skeptical because some prices were damn good.
    -Chad