Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

April 13, 1995

The taste of blood filled every crevice of her mouth and mapped out years of homicidal rage. James could hear Billie Ann crying in the worn leather seats of the Impala beside her and couldn't help but feel guilty for causing her companion's woe. "Billie Ann," a tolerant chide as her hand groped through the darknes before finally settling to rest over top the other girl's own.

"We had to do it. Don't cry..." It was days since they had watched their parents' blood paint the white linoleum floors a magnificent red. Her stomach churned with the memories, the old thrill coming back and coursing through her veins. "They're dead. No use cryin' over dead men. It ain't worth it."

"But..." James silenced her with a finger to her mouth.

"Shhh. You don't want me to go losin' mah temper now do ya? I hate when I gots to slap some sense into ya. Ya know that don't you?"

Billie Ann nodded. Beneath the spin of oncoming headlights, James pressed a kiss to the lips of her lover and let out a quiet whisper of words. "It's just us now."

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 08, 2007 05:51 PM: Message edited by: breeze born death song ]</font>

HB Forum Owner breeze born death song's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Shhh." It was more of a prayer than a call for silence as she shifted beneath her avian boned lover. Fingers brushed through the spiderweb tangle of her hair, watching the fall of it flood the stretch of porcelain skin along her back. It was in the late nights and early mornings, when Billie was fast asleep that James would lie awake staring at the sky through the Impala's windows. Fingers walked up and down the length of her spine, daring to touch perfection while she lay fast asleep. In her dreams she saw only blood and depthless eyes. Being awake was more comfortable than being asleep, so she remained awake until her body gave into the inevitable.

"I love you, Billie."

In her dream-addled state Billie smiled and James could miraculously sleep sound with no dreams of blood or screaming women...only one smiling girl in a field of wild flowers.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 08, 2007 10:01 PM: Message edited by: breeze born death song ]</font>