Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

for those that are interested in Wold of Warcraft, they have just introduced talents.

what are talents you say. they are the actual building block of how your character becomes in the game.

now every skill in the game for your character is purchacable by money. so basicly you get every single skill your character has to offer. every class is exactly the same just as lineage. all sp you get goes torwards skills like herbalism, leatherworkng, alchamy, exc.

but the talent system changes that. now i have a level 23 mage. talent system last patch gave talents to the mage class and warrior class.

for the mage i get 3 tabs. arcanine, ice, fire. i get 1 talent each level. so at level 10 i have 9 talent points(you start at level 1 so you don't get that extra talent point).. each tab has its own set of mastaries/skills. i personaly went fire since i want more damage. so basicly im a fire mage. now some other mage can go ice. and we would be completly DIFFERENT!!! which is very nice. you can also go hybrid fire ice and arc but thats all preferance.

now some of my new talents included were longer range, more of a chance to crit my fire spells, if i crit do this much more damage over time. if i crit have a chance to stun. and there are also 2 actual skills i can get, one of which i have already gotten called pyroblast. pyroblast is a stronger/longercasting/bigger spell than fireball.i crit for 170 with fireball i crit for 290-300 with pyroblast. but it has a long cast and long recharge while fireball has a faster cast(becasue of talents) and no recharge. i have also put skills in arcanine which were faster mana regen and i plan on getting more after i get most things in the firetree that i want.

now with my experiances in pvp that i have had since level 20 and the talents. i have not been beat against anyone my level or upto 2 levels higher than me. mainly because all other classes havn't gotten there talents and warriors are well supposed to be beat by mages. i emagine once rogues get there talents they will wipe the floor with us mages. but anyhow.. this is what i do.
    once they get close i do frostnova(aoe damage/root) i get back as far as i can befor the root breaks. then i use polymorph to turn them into a sheep(they get major regen when they are polymorphed) now i got about 20-30 seconds befor he pops out of polymorph and i get back as far as i can to hit him.. i use pyroblast since its a heavy damage skill and he can't do anything while i cast it. then i keep casting fireball as much as i can till he gets close then i do fireblast(instacast heavy damage fire spell with long recast) then if he keeps getting to close i put up mana shield(takes damage away from my mana bar instead of health) and cast frost nova again and try to cast fireball/fireblast if i have the mana..
    it usualy doesn't get that far unless they are 2-3 levels above me.. i usualy kill them befor they reach me.

if i went ice then i would have better aoe damage and insane kite skills.. if i went full arcanine then i would have some high damage "chant" skills. faster blink(teleport from one spot to another), better mana shield, and increased int buff.

with this new talent system most people will be different. fire/arcanine/ice... you can go anyway you want. now with warrior you can go heavy on the offencive or heavy on the defensive and there other tab is for mastaries for a specific weapon. now there will be a lot of classes that will have the same talents so technicly not everyone is the same but thats where items come in that add to int and spirit... do you want better crit/mana or do you want faster mana regen. i am going int, while if i was a ice mage i would problably go spirit.

well anyway there is my rant of my experiances with the talent system and pvp so far in wow. then again.. people are complaining that fire mages are to powerfull.. but that has yet to be proven once all the other classes get there talents.

so far.. im realy enjoying WoW and moreso every day i play. i have a live feed of me playing every so often for whoever wants to see it.. i can't host to many people but atleast you get to see it. [img]smile.gif[/img] .. all you need is winamp 5+ and tell me and we can get you hooked up.. aim = merlin2624, msn = [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thats swee tnew sman hehe
    hopefulyl when u play it another 2 months well see if your still ahving as much fun or the grind becomes crappy jsut line lineage 2 or it might sitll be fun.
    so hopefully you keep us updated [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

of course ill keep you updated. once i am max level(50 atm) it will be somewhat of a grind just doing instances and goign around killing aliance people. or crafting to get every single mount i can.

the battlegrounds/arena's will problably be out by then. and those are the high end content that will make it not a grind.

so far.. a few of the quests sucked extremely bad.. now i didn't have to do them but i wanted to. some were like kill 4 different creaters getting 4 different items with a 1/50 chance to drop and at my level i can't do it myself and need a group and everyone needs to do it.. i could have waited till i could solo all of them but ohh well.

i did one of the instance zones last night, was alright for voted worst instance zone in the game right now. i had to kill 4 boss creatures. at the top of the zone was a huge boss. killed him, had to go back to the beginning and take a tauren to some guy that was sleeping/dead and rezed him. durring that whole time we were getting attacked by mobs.. the last mob to kill was a boss mob that was huge and took out almost our whole group.. we came back and killed it. the guy got rezed and both of them turned into owles and left and we were done.

it was alright.. but from what i hear its the worst out of all of them.

battlegrounds/arena will be the prime thing to do endgame and not really any information has been released about those. except battlegrounds will be like a cross between warcraft 3 and battlefield 1942, and the arena will be eather pvp in groups against eachother, and also you can do mobs.. kill a set of mobs and then get more harder mobs.. even boss mobs.. and just keep trying to go up in the ranks of that.

still those arn't even final of how those will be. can't wait till they add them

and no the game hasn't been a grind yet. very rarly have i actualy sat down killing the same mobs for xp. i have always been doing something different. the only times i have done it were when i needed like 1 or 2 more bars of xp to gain a level.