Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, the pvp server sounds sweet.

anyways when is pvp allowed on the pvp server?

1.once you exit a town?

2.Do you turn pk red when you pk someone or it doesnt?

3.And if so what are the restrictions for pking?

4. Does your Gear drop during death in pvp?

5. IS gear expnesive or is gold easily earned from farming.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 31, 2004 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Dragonx ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow, everything is changing around Primez. but anyway, here is a update from wow about how cool it is [img]tongue.gif[/img]

im on the pvp server and since i hit level 34 i have been able to actualy kill a good portion of other people.. and let me tell you.. its fun as hell...

rogues are bugged so right now i am able to see rogues invis that are my level.. his warrior friend was about 10 yards away getting ready to stun me.. both are 2 levels or so under me.
    i finnish up drinking and eating to get my life back and he is still behind me.. so i run after the warrior casting a instant cast fireblast so he can't rush and stun me and the rogue is still after me invis. so i cast my frost nova to freeze both of them in place and cast polymorph on the rogue run back and start casting pyroblast and fireballs at the warrior.. use a potion and mana crystal when needed and then healed up after i killed him, then killed the rogue befor he was able to get to me.

yeah they were pissed.. they were trying to gank me but i was ready for them. then he called some of his lvl 50 friends and i didn't live that.

damn i love WoW, and damn it will be sooooo sweet when they add the battlegrounds and other stuff.. if you want to check out my characters items its on this site. and updated whenever i run a program called cosmos.

http://www.thottbot.com/wow/index.cgi?p=P.Wiggen

if there is anything you want to know just ask.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow great post Uchi. It looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get into beta.

Zinn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok. this is how the current pvp works. this is all the basic implementation and will change. the pvp as it is right now is for balancing out characters.

there are 3 types of zones. yours, theres, and contested.

your zone they are yellow. they can not attack you unless you attack first. this is normaly how the newbie areas are so people won't gank lvl 5's. but, they are able to attack npc's and kill them. there is a guard system where the guards will call for reinforcements when attacked.

there zone. the oppisite. they are blue to you. you can attack there npc's but you can not attack them. they need to attack first.

contested zones.... ANYTHING goes. you can go kill anyone and anything you want. you will be killed in many area's. a place called hillsbrad is the major place to pvp right now. lots of level 28-30 quests there for horde and lvl 35-38 quests for alliance so the hord is usualy getting a beat down.

you do NOT drop items when you die.. you do not loose xp unless you resurect at a graveyard. the only time you would ever do that is if your body is unreachable or you have someone camping your body. i have only rezed at the graveyard like 2 times when i was low level because of bugs.

items and equipment are easy to find. the good stuff are real hard to find. instance zones have the insaly good loot off there bosses. so you usualy take a group and go through the instance farming the items as much as possible to get everything for your character. but, right now you can not trade those items to people, they are bind on pickup. blizzard is trying to make it so the game doesn't get over inflated with items. so basicly you have to quest or find the extremly good stuff.

so yes there is still farming. but not in the normal sence. your not standing in the same location killing everything in arms length and wating for a respawn. few guilds out there just farm some of the instances to get all the major loot. you can still find good items off of mobs that can be sold but the insaly good stuff is bind on accuire.

i just recently saw a sword that has a chance to cast 3 dragon welps onhit, a proc. i havn't seen the weapon being used yet but i heard it spawns 3 level 40-45 dragon welps. the weapon is level 50 requirement. i saw a trinket that slows movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 40%, a level 45 item. the sword is gotten from a instance boss, very rare drop. and the trinket is a level 45 or so quest. i have also seen a axe and a sword that has a chance to cast whirlwind onhit. so basicly hits every mob around the melee person every once in a while. and i belive spirit increases your chance to land a proc.

my character's items.
    http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?profile=P.Wiggen

right now at level 35 i have like 30 gold or so. a mount costs 100 gold. i get it when i hit level 40. it will problably cost 5-6 gold when i hit level 36 for spells and stuff. but i found a few farming techniques. so im not too worried. while other people have 10 gold at level 39.. i have 30 at 35. and i only started farming my gold at 34.
    crafting is another money sink. or you can be a gatherer and make tons of money. you can get to level cap without ever farming for money but you won't get the really good stuff thats needed to pvp.

now like i said the pvp will change. but no one knows how or to what extent it will. so we just have to wait and see. battle grounds will be insane though. well so they say.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lets say i have a newbie friend, can i trade him the not so rare items to him or at least trade him gold or is all trading stopped?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

as far as i know (correct me if im wrong uchi)
    there are 3 things

1) normal items, can be equiped and traded afterwards
    2) bind on equip, once u equip it its urs for ever
    3) bind on aquire, if u pick it up its urs for ever

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1) normal items, can be equiped and traded afterwards
    2) bind on equip, once u equip it its urs for ever
    3) bind on aquire, if u pick it up its urs for ever

that is true. all grey items(bad) are normal. most of the early white items are normal and quite a few are bind on equip. most greens are bind on equip. most blues are bind on accuire, all purples are bind on accure(for all i know)

grey = worst you can get of that item
    white = are good and later game will have stats. sometimes these are real good.
    green = rare, they are rare to get but have a 100% drop rate from a locked chest, boss mob, or named mob. well depending on the mob.
    blue = a lot rarer. most i have seen come from a boss mob in a instance and are bind on accuire.
    purple = extremly rare, they are high end stuff normaly. purple are the real good items, few people on the servers right now have them.

there are 2 more tires of items after this. but htey havn't been implemented. and there is talk about items from the warcraft universe that will make its way into the game but only 1 of a kind. but that isn't entirly official. i was told that at e3 but can change.

as long as you havn't equiped a bind on equip item or a white item you can trade it. there isa auction house for trading. put items up for bid and let people bid all day on them while you go lvl or get more items.

there is also a mail system, if i made a alt to hold all my sweet items i could just mail him the items. if imade a alt to level i could mail him all my gold. if you make a trade you can COD it to the person so you don't even need to be in the same area as them.

next patch is introducing hunters adn talents for both the rogue and priest.

hunters, if you don't know... are a class that can tame beasts and call it there own. once you tame the beast you can level it and when you do that you get new skills for the beast. they are the only class that can name there animal. you can tame anything registard as (animal) when you mouse over from what they say. but there are specific trainers for each animal. well thats all old info for hunters and problably changed, won't know till next patch.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found this article yesterday at:

http://www.mmorpgdot.com/index.php

I only have confirmation through one source, but I consider it reliable. Vivendi dropped a bomb on Blizz today, mandating that there will be a code freeze on 9/16, a gold date of 10/16 and a general release in November. Evidently they're not doing so well financially and want Blizzard/WoW to bail them out in the fourth quarter.

Bad news for all wow fans.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah. that was all over the boards a few days ago.

blizzard wont confirm nor deny it.

i doubt its true but who knows. Vivendi is a HUTE company. 1 little part, aka blizzard, will not take them out of any kinda debt they may have. Vivendi knew when working with blizzard thats how they work. so who knows.

1 month till code freeze? pfft they better not. with the next patch only giving 2 more classes talents with the rest of them up in the air, not to mention upto level 55 content. hunters needing to be tested. the arena, raid, super groups, battle grounds, heroes, 55-60 content, all need to be implemented and tested. 1 month is not enough time for them to do all of that. 2 maybe...

bringing the game out in a month would be a bad move.. very bad move on there part. not to mention OPEN BETA!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dear wigen,
    get on irc
    from gibs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast