I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado and i dont want to shell out the big $$$ for a flowmaster kit. I would like a deep throaty sound (the sound of pure Vortec power [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] ), but my state requires a muffler and catalytic converter. Is there any way that i can modify my muffler so that it will sound loud, but if i get pulled over and the Highway patrol looks, there is a muffler right infront of him? I've heard of people taking a metal pipe and busting all the plates inside (ramming it in the top and bottom holes) does this actually work. I never tried it because i wasnt confident i could get the broken pieces out. Thanks for any and all help. [img]cool.gif[/img]