Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello to all.

I just joined this forum in a search for a possible solution to my problem. As indicated above, i've got a transmission leak.

On my first trip to the dealer, they "repaired" it with a new seal. I'm speaking of the rectangular seal at the top of the transmission where the shifter goes in. This seal was supposedly bad and they changed it.

I noticed it leaking again and brought it to a different dealer because I had moved. They claimed it was the four bolts that hold the shifter on, and holts that seal tight. Supposedly these bolts were stretched and were not holding tight enough.

Now I am getting frustrated. Today I was washing the truck because I'm about to try to sell it and I find that it's still leaking. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with this particular model of truck? If so, what is the real problem here?

splashdown

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oops. Any moderators here? I meant to check "email me if someone replies". While trying to correct that I got this posted twice. Please delete this one.

splashdown